PDA

View Full Version : Will Kevin Wilson be more patient?

oumartin
8/20/2006, 10:31 AM
with Thompson at QB and not yank him like last year as Chuck Long did?

MiccoMacey
8/20/2006, 10:33 AM
I'll bet he's already told Thompson that his intent is to let Halzle play soome to get some reps in under his belt, but that PT is the man regardless of what happens.

KW has a man-crush on PT - has since 2003. KW is prolly happy inside that PT gets to be the QB, as I hear he wasn't happy that he got pulled so quickly last year.

oumartin
8/20/2006, 10:41 AM
well i hope he is more patient. I think paul had some jitters that he might have again or he might not.. I really wanna see how he does when he gets comfy in a game environment. that much speed in the backfield could get fun to watch.

sooneron
8/20/2006, 11:06 AM
I think he has to be patient at this point. It's not Halzle is ready. He's had 8 months to study the playbook and only a few months of practice with the team.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/20/2006, 11:16 AM
It's prolly not Wilson's decision, IMO, only.

oumartin
8/20/2006, 11:17 AM
who's is it? AD?

rhombic21
8/20/2006, 11:38 AM
I don't see where he has a choice. PT is the only QB who has a firm enough grasp of the offense to play the position right now. Bradford is at least a year away, and I don't think Halzle would be able to do very well until late October.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/20/2006, 11:42 AM
who's is it? AD?If not Wilson, whose decision do YOU think it might be?

oumartin
8/20/2006, 11:52 AM
Bob will leave it to wilson i think, unless it gets outta hand.

OUGreg723
8/20/2006, 12:17 PM
Wilson has already told Thompson that he can go 0-18 and be throwing them in the dirt, and he would still be his guy. So I think its safe to say Wilson will be patient.

SoonerDood
8/20/2006, 12:49 PM
I'm just glad he's not teaching the Oline to (not) block anymore.

fadada1
8/20/2006, 12:50 PM
WISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!

jackietreehorn
8/20/2006, 01:40 PM
WISHBONE!!!!!!!!!!!

i actually had a dream that we ran the wishbone a few nights ago. i don't remember how well we did through the season though. i agree with you though, we should try it.

Blues1
8/20/2006, 05:54 PM
JMHO - Unless PT gets hurt (God Forbid) - I see him the the starter in every game going into the Cotton Bowl and then after we are up by 28 to 0 in the last 3 minutes --- then we get to see Joey H. for the first time this season......:)

OR -Hopefully - IF we get way ahead of UAB and Middle Tenn - We get to see Joey a lot SOONER....!!!

R'

Readyfor8
8/20/2006, 06:33 PM
I honestly love PT at QB. However, I simply don't see the ENA being better throwing the ball than a guy that threw 2000+ yards last year in DivII, he hasn't had as much experience as Halze and thats all there is to it.

They are two different players, and in the Jason White, Josh Heupel, Nate Hybl offense Halze is better. In the Kevin Wilson Northwestern Offense, Paul Thompson is the only way to fly.

sooneron
8/20/2006, 08:18 PM
Div II? It was a community college.

StoopTroup
8/20/2006, 08:29 PM
I think this will all play out in the 1st three games.

You'll know alot more about this season after the Oregon game.

I've been sick to my stomach about how we start off every year since Bob became Coach.

I'll probably heave right before entering the stadium for the UAB game.

goingoneight
8/20/2006, 08:43 PM
He won't have to worry, ENA's gonna rock out 14-0!!! :D

Readyfor8
8/20/2006, 10:20 PM
Wrong. Paul Thompson has a TON of experience throwing the ball against OU's defense in practice, and ONE day of throwing in practice against OU's defense is more valuable than TEN YEARS of throwing against JUCO competition in California.

Paul Thompson won't be playing in a Jason White, Josh Huepel, Nate Hybyl offense. Paul Thompson will be playing in a Paul Thompson offense, and Kevin Wilson, unlike Chuck "I-formation" Long, will play to Thompson's strengths.

Yea I can see how you are exactly right. Bob Stoops and OU have a long history of changing our offense to fit one player, especially 1 month before the ****ING SEASON you dumbass. Second of all, far be it from me to say that throwing for 2000 yards last season in JUCO was better experience for a QB than Catching the ball for half a season.

Next time think things though before opening your mouth junior you may get alot further.

EDIT: What my first post alluded too, was the fact that if we are going to be successful Kevin Wilson is the man to do it with Paul Thompson at the helm. And that if we are looking to have a drop back passer I personnally believe (from scrimmages, tape, and past experience) that Halze is the better drop back passer.

FlatheadSooner
8/20/2006, 10:57 PM
We're way better off than last season. Wilson will have to be more patient just because of the situation (vs. last year) and rightly so.............you have to give someone in PT's situation a "little" time to show his stuff.

I feel pretty good having someone like PT and Joey in the wings. We're in much better shape than the media and other naysayers would have us believe.

Stoops and Co. have prepared the Sooner Nation for this situation and we will prevail. It's all about dealing with the real life dynamics of personell changes and we are ready to fill this challenge.

BOOMER!!!! :eek: ;) :)