PDA

View Full Version : YOU'D THINK THE WHORNS ARE THE ONLY...

fossil
8/20/2006, 08:32 AM
football team in Texas if you happen to read the San Antonio Express News. I swear, all week the sports page has been doing a run down on all Big XII teams, and each, including Texas A&M had their team roster and analysis buried five pages deep in the sports section. But what do you think happened today, when it was the Whorns turn to be highlighted?

Yep, front page of the sports section, in wonderful, pukey Burnt Orange color, and a huge piece on how they're planning on repeating as national champions. Makes me puke every time I have to open the sports page down here because all you see is Whorns, Whorns and more Whorns.

Express News, get a life and a clue. There are other schools in Texas, not just the one 60 miles north in Austin. It's gettin' sickening!!!!!

Flagstaffsooner
8/20/2006, 08:41 AM
Why do you read that rag? Let them love their butt-surfer whorns.

fossil
8/20/2006, 08:44 AM
Why do you read that rag? Let them love their butt-surfer whorns.
It's the only paper in town. There used to be another, the San Antonio Light, and as I recall, they weren't so drunk on burnt orange koolaid.

Flagstaffsooner
8/20/2006, 08:52 AM
I only buy the Arizona Republic for the crosswords.:D

Dances with Possums
8/20/2006, 09:33 AM
You mean a newspaper in a city 70 miles away from Austin devotes a large part of its space to coverage of the defending national champs? I am shocked! Shocked, I say!

Seriously, they are just giving their readers what their readers want. Not many San Antonians are Aggie, Red Raider, or Horned Frog fans.

crimson&cream
8/20/2006, 09:48 AM
You mean a newspaper in a city 70 miles away from Austin devotes a large part of its space to coverage of the defending national champs? I am shocked! Shocked, I say!

Seriously, they are just giving their readers what their readers want. Not many San Antonians are Aggie, Red Raider, or Horned Frog fans.
And maybe Lackland AFB Airmen fans. LOL

AlbqSooner
8/20/2006, 10:31 AM
And maybe Lackland AFB Airmen fans. LOL
WTF? When I was in basic we were not allowed to read newspapers.

couchman
8/20/2006, 10:56 AM
You get what you earn.

The Express News used to heavily cover A&M football back in the late 80's and early 90's when the Aggies were the dominant team in Texas. UT got page 5 treatment back then.

Now the Horns are National Champions and A&M is terrible.

So what were you expecting again??

sanantoniosooner
8/20/2006, 11:01 AM
I thought about reading that paper once.

sooneron
8/20/2006, 11:04 AM
Holy shiite! a couchman sighting!!! He has WAY too much green, btw.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/20/2006, 11:13 AM
I only buy the Arizona Republic for the crosswords.:DI don't even buy that paper. Between their Bush-hating and almost totally ignoring the national sports scene, what good are they?

critical_phil
8/20/2006, 11:20 AM
....Not many San Antonians speak English.

fixed.

:texan:

crimson&cream
8/20/2006, 12:01 PM
WTF? When I was in basic we were not allowed to read newspapers.
We could if and when get got some free time from time to time and could recieve newspapers from home. Your T.I. must have been a real bad a$$. We got to go into S.A. a few times. Besies I was being faceious.LOL

crimson&cream
8/20/2006, 12:04 PM
I don't even buy that paper. Between their Bush-hating and almost totally ignoring the national sports scene, what good are they?
Oh Geez! if they hate the moron I'm signing up for a subscription.They at least probably wrtie on a level higher than elementary level speech like somebody we know.:pop:

8/20/2006, 12:09 PM
Oh Geez! if they hate the moron I'm signing up for a subscription.They at least probably wrtie on a level higher than elementary level speech like somebody we know.:pop:It would be cheaper for you to just watch more network TV.

chbrew09
8/20/2006, 12:23 PM
\Express News, get a life and a clue. There are other schools in Texas, not just the one 60 miles north in Austin. It's gettin' sickening!!!!!

I've lived in San Antonio my whole life and go to OU now...being SOUTH of austin means you're not going to get anything on the sooners (or even A&M....considering they're 2 hours away). Most of San Antonio (whether you went to UT or not) follows the Longhorns religiously like they do the Cowboys, so I wouldn't expect much of anything else. I grew up a longhorns fan until I came here...because as you know well, you have no choice in San Antonio. GO OU

OK2LA
8/20/2006, 01:05 PM
I grew up a longhorns fan until I came here... GO OU

If I lived to be 100 - I would never understand this comment.

jackietreehorn
8/20/2006, 01:21 PM
yeah i wouldn't understand that either. can someone go ahead and ban that guy, he could be a whorn mole.

couchman
8/20/2006, 01:29 PM
I grew up a longhorns fan until I came here

Wow...

OK2LA
8/20/2006, 02:13 PM
yeah i wouldn't understand that either. can someone go ahead and ban that guy, he could be a whorn mole.

I was talking with this chick - super cool - down at this local "Steeler's" bar here in Hermosa - We're getting along great - she's rattling off Steeler stats left and right - huge boobs - I'm in love. Then comes the killer - she says:

Woman: "Yeah, when the Steelers aren't on, I root for my other favorite team."

Me: "Uh - yeah? Who's your other favorite team?"

Woman: Cleveland.

Me: "Allright - see ya later." (mumbling to myself - "I f'ing knew it was too good to be true.")

Sonner magic923
8/20/2006, 02:28 PM
ya its about like around here people always say "i like OU in football and OSU in basketball" WTF!!!! I just want to slap em and tell em how stupid they are

8/20/2006, 04:57 PM
ya its about like around here people always say "i like OU in football and OSU in basketball" WTF!!!! I just want to slap em and tell em how stupid they areWe have a number of OU fans that post here who pull for OSU in wrestling...gaaaak!(you know who you are)

trey
8/20/2006, 09:32 PM
I was talking with this chick - super cool - down at this local "Steeler's" bar here in Hermosa - We're getting along great - she's rattling off Steeler stats left and right - huge boobs - I'm in love. Then comes the killer - she says:

Woman: "Yeah, when the Steelers aren't on, I root for my other favorite team."

Me: "Uh - yeah? Who's your other favorite team?"

Woman: Cleveland.

Me: "Allright - see ya later." (mumbling to myself - "I f'ing knew it was too good to be true.")

sharks cove? i miss sharkeez

MiccoMacey
8/20/2006, 10:19 PM
We have a number of OU fans that post here who pull for OSU in wrestling...gaaaak!(you know who you are)

I pull for OSU to do well...but I always root for my Sooners to do better. That'll never change.

A lot of these kids are OK kids, and even though they chose OSU over OU I can't stop rooting for them to be successful.

crimson&cream
8/20/2006, 11:22 PM
It would be cheaper for you to just watch more network TV.
Why the man makes little sense either way.:confused:

8/20/2006, 11:50 PM
Why the man makes little sense either way.:confused:I'm sure the AZ Republic would welcome your subscription. I believe they have had a downturn in both subscriptions and advertising, even though they really don't have any print-media competition. They continue with their same politics, however. Sounds like your kind of paper. enjoy.

8/20/2006, 11:53 PM
I pull for OSU to do well...but I always root for my Sooners to do better. That'll never change.

A lot of these kids are OK kids, and even though they chose OSU over OU I can't stop rooting for them to be successful.So, to be consistent, you pull for OSU in football and basketball, too?(after OU, of course)

Desert Sapper
8/21/2006, 01:33 AM
Does it always have to be about who we HATE and not about who we LOVE? One doesn't have to HATE OSU to be a good Sooner fan. Hence all the 'Divided House' license plates. Tejas, on the other hand...

jwlynn64
8/21/2006, 01:34 AM
Why the man makes little sense either way.:confused:

He was just pointing out that if you just want to drink the liberal kool-aid, you just need to watch the network media. No reason to buy a liberal paper.

I'm guessing that you have never heard of the liberal bias in the mainstream media?

jwlynn64
8/21/2006, 01:38 AM
Does it always have to be about who we HATE and not about who we LOVE? One doesn't have to HATE OSU to be a good Sooner fan. Hence all the 'Divided House' license plates. Tejas, on the other hand...

My philosophy as well. I root for my team, not against the other team.

MiccoMacey
8/21/2006, 07:43 AM
So, to be consistent, you pull for OSU in football and basketball, too?(after OU, of course)

Sure.

But remember I also graduated from both OSU and OU. Plus, my whole family graduated from OSU as well (Mom, Dad, Brother). I grew up in Gallagher Hall.

And bri said it best. I root for "the University of Oklahoma", not "the University of I really, really, really hate OSU".

Actually he used Texas because he really, really, really hates OSU. But you get the point. :D

MiccoMacey
8/21/2006, 07:44 AM
My philosophy as well. I root for my team, not against the other team.

So does Bob Stoops. He's the one who said he finds no comfort in other's failures, or something to that extent.

WWBSD? Now I know.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/21/2006, 08:31 AM
football team in Texas if you happen to read the San Antonio Express News. I swear, all week the sports page has been doing a run down on all Big XII teams, and each, including Texas A&M had their team roster and analysis buried five pages deep in the sports section. But what do you think happened today, when it was the Whorns turn to be highlighted?

Yep, front page of the sports section, in wonderful, pukey Burnt Orange color, and a huge piece on how they're planning on repeating as national champions. Makes me puke every time I have to open the sports page down here because all you see is Whorns, Whorns and more Whorns.

Express News, get a life and a clue. There are other schools in Texas, not just the one 60 miles north in Austin. It's gettin' sickening!!!!!

Man, for a minute I thought you were talking about the Houston Chronicle. I thought Houston was an Aggie town...:rolleyes:

8/21/2006, 09:19 AM
Sure.

But remember I also graduated from both OSU and OU. Plus, my whole family graduated from OSU as well (Mom, Dad, Brother). I grew up in Gallagher Hall.

And bri said it best. I root for "the University of Oklahoma", not "the University of I really, really, really hate OSU".

Actually he used Texas because he really, really, really hates OSU. But you get the point. :DSo, you have explained your aversion to my "Aggy Heavyweight gasses-out in overtime" thread, back at NCAA wrestling tourney. condolences.

MiccoMacey
8/21/2006, 09:29 AM
I'll have to go back and read that. I remember it...like I remember most things I said past two days ago. Very sketchy. I think we agreed to disagree, but I won't swear to it until I go look it up.

It'll be awhile though. Mrs. MiccoMacey's Grandma passed away yesterday so I'm just looking on here for scant seconds at a time.

8/21/2006, 09:37 AM
I'll have to go back and read that. I remember it...like I remember most things I said past two days ago. Very sketchy. I think we agreed to disagree, but I won't swear to it until I go look it up.

It'll be awhile though. Mrs. MiccoMacey's Grandma passed away yesterday so I'm just looking on here for scant seconds at a time.Yeah, you and a couple other people chastized me for picking on aggy.

MiccoMacey
8/21/2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah, you and a couple other people chastized me for picking on aggy.

From that thread:

Either or, I'm glad you're a wrestling fan and look forward to some wrestling discussions with you. It's always good to get opposing view points.

No harm meant in my previous comments. We just disagree on that. But I think we both agree we like to root for OU.

I'm still glad you're an OU and wrestling fan. :)

stoopified
8/21/2006, 09:58 AM
Bann the whorns,this a F'ing hillbilly board.:D