PDA

View Full Version : I want to go on record early...

Soonerus
8/19/2006, 10:15 PM
...I think Paul Thompson can lead us to a MNC this year...

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 10:19 PM
****ing ditto . I think to many are selling Ena short ;)

Soonerus
8/19/2006, 10:21 PM
This is a f'ing strong team with Hercules at tailback...I like our chances

Flagstaffsooner
8/19/2006, 10:33 PM
Hear, hear!

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 10:42 PM
Hear, hear!
You cant hear ? Maybe you need to ask Tail to use that wet *****( that you gave her ) to help clean you ears :D

Soonerus
8/19/2006, 10:48 PM
You cant hear ? Maybe you need to ask Tail to use that wet *****( that you gave her ) to help clean you ears :D

W/T/F ???

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 10:58 PM
W/T/F ???
Refer to Happy BD thread in SO
:D :D :D :D

Tailwind
8/19/2006, 11:06 PM
Oh. My. God! She would not hold still for such abuse! :D

Soonerus
8/19/2006, 11:13 PM
If AD does not win the Heisman I will buy all of the regulars on the board a drink....he is possessed

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 11:18 PM
If AD does not win the Heisman I will by all of the regulars on the board a drink....he is possessed
ill buy you 20 if he dont :D

Flagstaffsooner
8/19/2006, 11:28 PM
ill buy you 20 if he dont :DI want in on this.:pop:

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 11:31 PM
I want in on this.:pop:
Ok done deal

Soonerus
8/19/2006, 11:45 PM
We need the recipricol reward when he wins...

Big Red Ron
8/19/2006, 11:54 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Soonerus again.

olevetonahill
8/20/2006, 12:17 AM
Partay at my shack when he wins it !
Beer is on me ;)

Blues1
8/20/2006, 12:19 AM
Well then I say he will be sitting next to AD in New York City in December...!!! -- :D

On Stage...!!

Lets Get Rockin'

www.Bluescowboy.com

OKC-SLC
8/20/2006, 01:04 AM
If AD does not win the Heisman I will by all of the regulars on the board a drink....he is possessed
in.

you know, just in case he gets robbed.

FlatheadSooner
8/20/2006, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Soonerus

ill buy you 20 if he dont :D

Posted by Soonerus

Double-negative..............there's your recipricol bet. ;)

Miko
8/20/2006, 01:37 PM
This is a f'ing strong team with Hercules at tailback...I like our chances

Hercules is carved of stone and possessed. This is very bad juju for those not wearing crimson! :cool:

BlackShirtBeast
8/20/2006, 06:26 PM

There's a reason why he was converted into a WR last year:confused:

Readyfor8
8/20/2006, 06:39 PM
There's a reason why he was converted into a WR last year:confused:

Because he didn't fit into the drop back passing mode and CL having a problem with the fans and media because of previous years GOWWDNS. Paul has the ablity to lead us to the big show if he has an offense he is capable of running like the Northwestern Kevin Wilson Offense, instead of the drop a ball in the basket at 50 yards Jason White offense CL ran.

EDIT: Oh and if you think he got a fair shot at the beginning of last year, you are sorely mistaken.

BlackShirtBeast
8/20/2006, 07:40 PM
Because he didn't fit into the drop back passing mode and CL having a problem with the fans and media because of previous years GOWWDNS. Paul has the ablity to lead us to the big show if he has an offense he is capable of running like the Northwestern Kevin Wilson Offense, instead of the drop a ball in the basket at 50 yards Jason White offense CL ran.

EDIT: Oh and if you think he got a fair shot at the beginning of last year, you are sorely mistaken.

What do you mean he didnt have a fair shot at QB...he started the TCU game and screwed up....he had a completely fair shot and didnt take advantage of it.

Big Red Ron
8/20/2006, 07:54 PM
What do you mean he didnt have a fair shot at QB...he started the TCU game and screwed up....he had a completely fair shot and didnt take advantage of it.Dude, Chuck Long is GONE and RB played almost half of that game and equally sucked (for several games, I might add).

He wen't to reciever to get on the field because he is simply one of the best athletes on the field.

Paul beat Rhett out for the job in a head to head competition. Chuck Long made the decision on Bomar because he had 4 years of eligabilty.

Now Kevin Wilson is running the O. Bomar would have had problems with the new system, just as Paul had problems with Long's system (if you can call it one).

Thank God Long is gone.

Now stfu. Nebraska sucks.

GDC
8/20/2006, 07:57 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=060820_Sp_fb20_sooners

StoopTroup
8/20/2006, 08:44 PM
I think your right.

sendbaht
8/20/2006, 08:46 PM
you know my view on PT...Like the guy "much much"

goingoneight
8/20/2006, 08:58 PM
I want to go on the record early...
Because off-season sucks and I'm a'longing for another 2000!!!

Desert Sapper
8/20/2006, 09:06 PM

I agree. Provided that he can make smart decisions (ie; not throwing into double or triple coverage) on the field and can deliver a catchable ball. I think he can, I think the line is going to be good. I like the possibilities.

BlackShirtBeast
8/20/2006, 09:20 PM
Dude, Chuck Long is GONE and RB played almost half of that game and equally sucked (for several games, I might add).

He wen't to reciever to get on the field because he is simply one of the best athletes on the field.

Paul beat Rhett out for the job in a head to head competition. Chuck Long made the decision on Bomar because he had 4 years of eligabilty.

Now Kevin Wilson is running the O. Bomar would have had problems with the new system, just as Paul had problems with Long's system (if you can call it one).

Thank God Long is gone.

Now stfu. Nebraska sucks.

You need to stfu, OU still would have lost the TCU game if PT stayed in, and Chuck Long didnt chose RB over PT because he had 4 years left....he chose him because he was the better QB, enough with RB, he's gone. I just think its way out of text to say OU is gonna win the MNC this year because you have a good feeling about your QB who struggled mightly against a poor TCU team at home last year and lost. PT is mediocre at best until proven otherwise.

Desert Sapper
8/20/2006, 09:37 PM
You need to stfu, OU still would have lost the TCU game if PT stayed in, and Chuck Long didnt chose RB over PT because he had 4 years left....he chose him because he was the better QB, enough with RB, he's gone. I just think its way out of text to say OU is gonna win the MNC this year because you have a good feeling about your QB who struggled mightly against a poor TCU team at home last year and lost. PT is mediocre at best until proven otherwise.

Wait until Labor Day Weekend for your proof, bugeater. And BTW, it's not 'way out of text' (whatever that means) to make MNC predictions on an OU board, especially with Bob Stoops at the helm. We are loaded at every skill position, we should have a better O-Line, and our Defense will be the best it's been since 2003. If PT is half the QB he has the potential to be this year, we win the MNC. If Tom Osborne were still at NU, I guarantee all of you would still be predicting MNCs every year. Don't be jealous.

sooneron
8/20/2006, 09:39 PM
...And we're thinking he can prove otherwise. You obviously know very little about this team to be over here talking ****. I guess your qb had an all world game against friggin Maine last year, right? Your O managed a whopping 25 points against them. Maine fercrying out loud. Then you have the gall to say that tcu is poor. Guess what farmboy? tcu lost ONE game last year. ONE! and that was probably due to a letdown after beating us.
Hell, I saw T Gill have a bad game once, does that mean that he was washed up? Uh, no. And yes, the coaches did decide to go with youth last year instead of Paul when it was evident that the OLine was pathetic due to defections. Of course, they looked pretty decent against those mighty blackshirts. heh
Blackshirts, what a ****ing joke that is bugeater. You guys can't even dominate one of the crappiest divisions in all the major conferences.

So, yes, you are the one that should stfu.

Soonerus
8/20/2006, 09:55 PM
I hope we get to play (and beat) Nebraska again this year...

Desert Sapper
8/20/2006, 09:59 PM
I hope we get to play (and beat) Nebraska again this year...

Apparently Dave Sitler at the World agrees with you.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=060820_Sp_FB4_Thomp5727_1

Thompson can be OU's Cinderella Man
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Columnist
8/20/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format (http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2006/Final/W_082006_FB_4.pdf)

The plea came in the form of an e-mail. It arrived seven days after Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops had invited Rhett Bomar to hit the road -- presumably in the vehicle of the quarterback's choice, and with offensive guard J.D. Quinn riding shotgun.
Like thousands of others, Sooner football is part of his religion. After enduring a week of negative media reports about Bomar and Quinn committing a major NCAA sin, the troubled e-mail correspondent was seeking some spiritual inspiration.
"We have heard the bad lately," said the e-mailer, referring to the two players accepting money for work not done at a car dealership. "Now I ask you to give the Sooner Nation some hope."
No problem, brother. I can do it in a word: Cinderella.
Or, my sermon of hope can include the words spoken by greenskeeper Carl Spackler in Tiger Woods' favorite movie, Caddyshack:
"What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown, comes outta nowhere to lead the pack, at Augusta," said Spackler, as he used a garden tool for an 8-iron to deflower a row of mums. "A former greenskeeper now -- about to become the Masters champion.
"He's on his final hole. He's a Cinderella boy. Tears in his eyes. He's got about 195 yards left and he's got about http://adserver.tulsaworld.com/?SIT=SportsStory_336x280 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)an 8-iron. It looks like a miracle . . . it's in the hole!"
Do you detect a theme here? A common thread running through my message for those depressed and oppressed members of the Sooner Nation?
You may have also noticed that the dominant topic throughout this 2006 edition of the Tulsa World's college football preview is "Big Dreams."
Well, there wasn't a bigger dreamer than Cinderella. And OU could more than match her fairytale story if the Sooners pull off what now appears to be the impossible dream.
Predicting OU would win its eighth national championship this season was probably a stretch before Bomar and Quinn cashed those checks. Any talk about a national title should have definitely ended once Stoops told them to hit the bricks.
That drastic decision essentially left OU with one quarterback and created more problems for an offensive line that was already short on depth and experience.
But we can dream, can't we? So, Sooner Nation, dream a little dream with me here for a few moments.
Perhaps it's a trip to fantasyland, but what if Paul Thompson turns out to be what many fans thought he was a year ago -- a better quarterback than Bomar?
Talk about your quick hooks. Stoops' swift action in booting Bomar and Quinn from the team seemed like an eternity compared to how much time he gave Thompson to prove himself last season.
Thompson's first start at OU in the season opener against TCU was his last in 2005. When the Horned Frogs stunned the Sooners at Owen Field in a 17-10 upset, Thompson became the scapegoat for a whole bunch of Sooners who didn't play well that first Saturday in September.
What if Stoops and former offensive coordinator Chuck Long were wrong when they pushed the panic button and benched Thompson in favor of Bomar? Shouldn't a player, who won the starting spot after an intense battle all spring and fall, get more than one half of football to prove he was indeed the best man for the job?
We would never have known the answers to those questions if Bomar hadn't blown it. But we just might, now that Bomar is history and Thompson has reclaimed the starting role he probably didn't deserve to lose as quickly as he did.
Check out this fairy-tale storyline: Thompson, who agreed to move to wide receiver after he lost the quarterback job, agrees to return to the position after the guy who beat him gets booted off the team by the coach who benched Thompson and is now pleading with him to save the season.
Whew. I'm not finished.
Not only does our Cinderella Man prove he was better than Bomar and that Stoops was wrong when he gave up on him so soon, but the fifth-year senior performs so well that he leads the Sooners on an improbable championship journey.
OK, OK. I know anyone who would predict that such a scenario could actually play out this season would undoubtedly be accused of smoking some of that wacky weed Spackler was puffing in Caddyshack.
But when you are in desperate search of a sliver of hope after the faith in your team has been rocked, you're liable to cling to Cinderella stories, believe in miracles and trust that fairytales can come true.
Can I get an amen, Sooner Nation?

Readyfor8
8/20/2006, 10:07 PM

Same should be said for Callahan, especially considering he has proved his mediocrity over the past two years. Why exactly are you here? Shouldn't you be preparing for another glorious Recruiting Championship under Blake and another equally glorious 6-5 season and losing the North to Iowa St or Missouri?

MiccoMacey
8/20/2006, 10:38 PM
You need to stfu, OU still would have lost the TCU game if PT stayed in...

So what's your argument here...that both QBs sucked in the first game last year? Given. Neither QB played well enough to win the game if they had played the whole game. But that had as much to do with a bunch of brand new OLinemen and brand new WRs as it did with either QB. This year, our receivers are experienced, and contrary to popular media opinion, our OLine will be better. PT will be fine.

and Chuck Long didnt chose RB over PT because he had 4 years left....he chose him because he was the better QB...

Dumb *** comment. Nothing in either all the spring practices, or the fall practices, or the TCU game said Bomar was better than PT. If it did, he'd have been chosen to start against TCU. End of story. Bomar was chosen as the starter after the TCU game for no other reason than he had a bigger upside...he'd be around longer.

I just think its way out of text to say OU is gonna win the MNC this year because you have a good feeling about your QB who struggled mightly against a poor TCU team at home last year and lost.

It's no more "way out of text" to say we will win the MNC this year than it is to lay the TCU loss solely at PT's feet. It's disingenious at best, an outright lie at worst.

PT is mediocre at best until proven otherwise.

PT IS mediocre at best until proven otherwise. That goes with anyone. Heck, AD was mediocre at best until he proved on the field he was something special. Only time will tell. The good news is this: we don't need him to be much more than mediocre. Just don't lose the game for us.

Something lost in all this: In 2001, we had arguably a worse offense (new QB and new OLine) and still finished 10-2 because we had a great defense. This year's defense looks like it can be that type of defense also. I think we'll be OK.