PDA

View Full Version : Pulp Thompson

setem
8/19/2006, 07:04 PM
Paul Thompson is going to be a BAMF!

http://img2.imagepile.net/images/Soonerpsycho/90274ptjules.jpg

PT: Describe what Bob Stoops looks like!
Rhett: What, I-?
PT: [pointing his gun] Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, mother******. Say what one more god**** time!
Rhett: He's w-w-white...
PT: Go on.
Rhett: He's w-w-wears a visor...
PT: Does he look like a b****?
Rhett: What?
[Paul shoots Rhett in shoulder]
PT: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A B****?
Rhett: No!
PT: Then why you try to f*** him like a b****, Rhett?
Rhett: I didn't.
PT: Yes you did. Yes you did, Rhett. You tried to f*** him. And Bob Stoops don't like to be f***ed by anybody, except Mrs. Stoops.

Ezekiel 25:17. 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrannies of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers' keeper and finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.' Now I've been saying that s*** for years, and if you've ever heard it, it meant your ***. I never gave much thought to what it meant, I just thought it was a cold blooded thing to say to a mother f***er before I popped a cap in his ***. But I saw some s*** this morning that made me think twice. Now I'm thinking it could mean you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here is the shepherd, protecting my righteous ***. Or maybe it means that you're the righteous man, and I'm the shepherd, and it's the world that's evil and selfish. Now I'd like that, but you see that s*** ain't the truth. The truth is, YOU'RE the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Thanks to Soonerpsycho for the nice fark job.

FlatheadSooner
8/19/2006, 07:25 PM
OK.......................Sept.2 can't get here soon enough for some, eh!!
;)

Crimsonfan1245
8/19/2006, 07:58 PM
Instant Hall of Fame post, that is some of the funniest stuff i have ever seen.

setem
8/19/2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks....I try:cool:

Snrfn4ever08
8/19/2006, 08:04 PM
dude, great post. that's one of the funniest things i've seen on here in awhile. have some spek!!:D

Crimsonfan1245
8/19/2006, 08:06 PM
Yes you did Rhett! hahaha.

Flying Scotsman
8/19/2006, 08:13 PM
Did Rhett say, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."?

SoonerJLB
8/19/2006, 08:41 PM
was Rhett eating a Kuhuna Burger at the time and did Pulp Thompson finish it off after he shot Rhett...and say "damn that is a great burger!:)

soonerthanu
8/19/2006, 08:41 PM
Awesome post.:D

setem
8/19/2006, 08:50 PM

PT: You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France?

Rhett: No.

PT: Tell 'em, Joe.

Joe John: Royale with cheeeese.

PT: Royale with Cheese. Ya know why they call them that?

Rhett: Because of the metric system?

PT: Check out the big brain on Rhett!

the_ouskull
8/19/2006, 10:49 PM
[Posts Pic of Paul Thompson]

[Rips lines from Pulp Fiction]

I'm just trying to save everybody else the trouble. Once was good. More is overkill. The horse is dead.

the_ouskull

CORNholio
8/19/2006, 11:13 PM
word

Tailwind
8/19/2006, 11:14 PM
[Posts Pic of Paul Thompson]

[Rips lines from Pulp Fiction]

I'm just trying to save everybody else the trouble. Once was good. More is overkill. The horse is dead.

the_ouskull
dude! You're harshin my mellow!

Hatfield
8/19/2006, 11:46 PM
all the gun play reminds me more of Charles Thompson. ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2006, 12:48 AM
all the gun play reminds me more of Charles Thompson. ;)

Make that pistol an AK and you can throw Buster Rhymes in that mix, too.

Buster's a mushroom cloud layin' muthaf*#@ah, muthaf*@#ah! :D

starclassic tama
8/20/2006, 01:37 AM
freakin awesome, except the last quote you took from the one in the end where jules spares ringo and hunnybunny, instead of the one where he pops a cap in brett

zeke
8/20/2006, 07:48 AM
Great post!

MiccoMacey
8/20/2006, 10:31 AM
Don't listen to skull. He's still in a daze from his first week with the chiddrens.

trey
8/20/2006, 12:52 PM
excuse me, did i break your concentration? well allow me to retort....you were saying something about best intentions?

Miko
8/20/2006, 01:34 PM
Paul Thompson is going to be a BAMF!

PT: Describe what Bob Stoops looks like!
Rhett: What, I-?
PT: [pointing his gun] Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, mother******. Say what one more god**** time!
Rhett: He's w-w-white...
PT: Go on.
Rhett: He's w-w-wears a visor...
PT: Does he look like a b****?
Rhett: What?
[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]
PT: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A B****?
Rhett: No!
PT: Then why you try to f*** him like a b****, Rhett?
Rhett: I didn't.
PT: Yes you did. Yes you did, Rhett. You tried to f*** him. And Bob Stoops don't like to be f***ed by anybody, except Mrs. Stoops.

Ezekiel 25:17. 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrannies of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers' keeper and finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.' Now I've been saying that s*** for years, and if you've ever heard it, it meant your ***. I never gave much thought to what it meant, I just thought it was a cold blooded thing to say to a mother f***er before I popped a cap in his ***. But I saw some s*** this morning that made me think twice. Now I'm thinking it could mean you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here is the shepherd, protecting my righteous ***. Or maybe it means that you're the righteous man, and I'm the shepherd, and it's the world that's evil and selfish. Now I'd like that, but you see that s*** ain't the truth. The truth is, YOU'RE the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Thanks to Soonerpsycho for the nice fark job.

I don't remember askin' you a *******thing!!! :D

4everasooner
8/20/2006, 02:32 PM
spek spek spek

OK2LA
8/20/2006, 02:52 PM
That is quite possibly the funniest thing that I have seen EVER!

GDC
8/20/2006, 02:58 PM
Thompson can be OU's Cinderella Man
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Columnist
8/20/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

The plea came in the form of an e-mail. It arrived seven days after Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops had invited Rhett Bomar to hit the road -- presumably in the vehicle of the quarterback's choice, and with offensive guard J.D. Quinn riding shotgun.

Like thousands of others, Sooner football is part of his religion. After enduring a week of negative media reports about Bomar and Quinn committing a major NCAA sin, the troubled e-mail correspondent was seeking some spiritual inspiration.

"We have heard the bad lately," said the e-mailer, referring to the two players accepting money for work not done at a car dealership. "Now I ask you to give the Sooner Nation some hope."

No problem, brother. I can do it in a word: Cinderella.

Or, my sermon of hope can include the words spoken by greenskeeper Carl Spackler in Tiger Woods' favorite movie, Caddyshack:

"What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown, comes outta nowhere to lead the pack, at Augusta," said Spackler, as he used a garden tool for an 8-iron to deflower a row of mums. "A former greenskeeper now -- about to become the Masters champion.

"He's on his final hole. He's a Cinderella boy. Tears in his eyes. He's got about 195 yards left and he's got about

an 8-iron. It looks like a miracle . . . it's in the hole!"

Do you detect a theme here? A common thread running through my message for those depressed and oppressed members of the Sooner Nation?

You may have also noticed that the dominant topic throughout this 2006 edition of the Tulsa World's college football preview is "Big Dreams."

Well, there wasn't a bigger dreamer than Cinderella. And OU could more than match her fairytale story if the Sooners pull off what now appears to be the impossible dream.

Predicting OU would win its eighth national championship this season was probably a stretch before Bomar and Quinn cashed those checks. Any talk about a national title should have definitely ended once Stoops told them to hit the bricks.

That drastic decision essentially left OU with one quarterback and created more problems for an offensive line that was already short on depth and experience.

But we can dream, can't we? So, Sooner Nation, dream a little dream with me here for a few moments.

Perhaps it's a trip to fantasyland, but what if Paul Thompson turns out to be what many fans thought he was a year ago -- a better quarterback than Bomar?

Talk about your quick hooks. Stoops' swift action in booting Bomar and Quinn from the team seemed like an eternity compared to how much time he gave Thompson to prove himself last season.

Thompson's first start at OU in the season opener against TCU was his last in 2005. When the Horned Frogs stunned the Sooners at Owen Field in a 17-10 upset, Thompson became the scapegoat for a whole bunch of Sooners who didn't play well that first Saturday in September.

What if Stoops and former offensive coordinator Chuck Long were wrong when they pushed the panic button and benched Thompson in favor of Bomar? Shouldn't a player, who won the starting spot after an intense battle all spring and fall, get more than one half of football to prove he was indeed the best man for the job?

We would never have known the answers to those questions if Bomar hadn't blown it. But we just might, now that Bomar is history and Thompson has reclaimed the starting role he probably didn't deserve to lose as quickly as he did.

Check out this fairy-tale storyline: Thompson, who agreed to move to wide receiver after he lost the quarterback job, agrees to return to the position after the guy who beat him gets booted off the team by the coach who benched Thompson and is now pleading with him to save the season.

Whew. I'm not finished.

Not only does our Cinderella Man prove he was better than Bomar and that Stoops was wrong when he gave up on him so soon, but the fifth-year senior performs so well that he leads the Sooners on an improbable championship journey.

OK, OK. I know anyone who would predict that such a scenario could actually play out this season would undoubtedly be accused of smoking some of that wacky weed Spackler was puffing in Caddyshack.

But when you are in desperate search of a sliver of hope after the faith in your team has been rocked, you're liable to cling to Cinderella stories, believe in miracles and trust that fairytales can come true.

Can I get an amen, Sooner Nation?.

GDC
8/20/2006, 03:02 PM
Big Dreams: Paul Thompson
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
8/20/2006

Mr. All-Around
Thompson shined in baseball and basketball as a youngster, but his dad says that 'football is where is heart is.'
NORMAN -- Paul Thompson didn't know if he wanted to play football, but his friends sort of talked him into it.

Thanks to them, Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds and Hank Aaron's home run numbers are safe.

"First at-bat, home run," his father, Marc Thompson, said with a hearty laugh. "He pitched, too, and he had kids that didn't want to face him because he threw too hard. He was good."

Baseball was Thompson's first sport. Not his most beloved. Not his best. But it was his first.

Thompson got into tee-ball at age 5 and became a star. He later got really good at basketball and even better at track. But once he found football, he found his true love.

"This is what I do," he said. "This is what I know."

That's why Oklahoma coaches recruited him as a quarterback out of Leander, Texas, while his hometown Texas Longhorns wanted him to play wide receiver. That's why OU coach asked him to redshirt the 2004 season instead of mopping up for Jason White, so Thompson could have two years to play QB instead of one. And that's why, when Rhett Bomar was kicked off the team, OU

coaches again asked Thompson, a fifth-year senior, to be their quarterback.

And that's why, each time, he said OK.

"He's quite excited about it," Marc Thompson said. "It's just been a crazy thing. It's still kind of mind-boggling, but he's getting a shot. That's what he wanted to do, to play quarterback. When he went to Oklahoma, his goal was to start at quarterback for Oklahoma. Now he's got a shot to do that."

Kennan Johnson, Thompson's roommate at OU the last four years and a member of the Sooner track team, said Thompson's cool, calm and focused demeanor helped him with his decisions.

"I remember his freshman year, that summer, he came up here and did workouts," Johnson said. "Some freshmen don't even come up, but he did. I remember, he just moved in. He actually lived with Tommie Harris and them and slept on their floor."

Thompson never actually played quarterback before spot duty as a high school freshman. The next year, Leander High's coaching staff asked Thompson to be their quarterback.

That, though, meant best friend Jason Brosie would lose his job as the quarterback.

"I was wondering if that might strain their friendship, but no way," Marc Thompson said. "Those guys are fighters and brothers."

Brosie moved to safety and wideout.

"I saw that was what was best for the team," Brosie said. "He had the size, the speed, the arm -- the list goes on.

"Paul is my best friend ever. There could never be anything that gets in our path. Everything is tight with us. You couldn't have a better best friend."

Brosie and Thompson were on the same tee-ball team, and have been best pals ever since, in school, in sports and in life.

Marc Thompson said his son was "a real good fielder, shortstop and all that," and was a power pitcher. But he made his name at the plate.

"Paul would just smack the ball," Marc Thompson said. "He had one swing. And if he connected, it was gone. But as he got a little older, kids started throwing stuff. Well, Paul still had one swing. So if there was a curve or a slider or whatever, oh well, he was striking out. He didn't like that."

Thompson and Brosie took on the world in playground football -- and usually won.

"At recess, it was just me and like three of my best friends, and we'd play the rest of the whole grade," Thompson said. "We wanted the ball, we wanted to compete."

Around age 9, Brosie convinced Thompson to go out for real football.

"He started playing his first year and got the bug. So baseball was out," Marc said. "That was it. And he was good at baseball. He was incredible at baseball. But he just quit."

In Pop Warner, Brosie was a wishbone quarterback and Thompson was a halfback and receiver. Just like in baseball, Thompson was the team's best player.

"The thing about Paul, you could go to every single sport and say that," Brosie said. "As a kid, he high jumped seven foot. He ran a 4.4 40, he broke every single school record in track: the triple jump, the high jump, the long jump. He was dunking a basketball in like seventh grade. I mean, the kid's just an amazing athlete."

Thompson's Pop Warner team was filled with players who later went on to star at other area high schools. One, Brent Clevlen, is an outfielder with the Detroit Tigers. As sixth graders, they won the city title, then won playoff games around the state before a close loss in the championship game that nearly sent them to Disney World. That, Thompson says, remains his fondest memory of the sport.

"We've still got a highlight tape of it, and me and my friends will sit back and watch it and just get a kick out of it," he said. "Just that whole experience that season was great. We got to travel, stayed in hotels, played around and won a lot of football games."

Thompson later fell under the spell of His Airness, and became hooked on hoops.

"Michael Jordan was his idol," said Thompson's mother, Felecia Thompson. "Early on, he wanted to play in the NBA."

"We'd talk about going to the NFL or the NBA or whatever," Marc Thompson said, "and he was like, 'I want to play in the NBA!' "

But, Marc added, "I never saw the passion from Paul that I think you need for basketball. In basketball, you've got play. You've got play day in and day out. You've got to have a ball in your hand, you've got to have a ball in your car, you've got to have a ball on your bike. Wherever you play basketball, you've got to play. And football's a little different. You can't just play football, contact football with guys, just pick-up.

"Paul played (basketball) because he was a good athlete. But when he played football, that was a little different. He said he wanted to go to the NBA, but when you watch it on the field, football is where his heart is."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John E. Hoover 581-8384
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul Thompson: On his dreams and influences
What’s your big dream right now?

“To continue here, be successful this season and whatever comes up in the future, be successful at it, make a lot of money and help my family.”

When you were a kid,what was your big dream for life?

“Just to be successful, make money, have people respect me and be a respectful person and a contributor to the community.”

Who was the person that helped you the most get to where you are today?

“It wouldn’t be just one person. It would be my family overall. have a real supportive family.”.

BoogercountySooner
8/20/2006, 07:28 PM
Setem your a Legend!

http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=132652.topic

:) :)

setem
8/21/2006, 08:38 AM
A thank you! A thank you!

This going to be a great year!

stoopified
8/21/2006, 09:04 AM
all the gun play reminds me more of Charles Thompson. ;)Obviously you mean Buster Rhymes,drugs were CTs bag not guns.

setem
8/21/2006, 03:43 PM
Don't let this thread die...

L.J.TX Sooner
8/21/2006, 03:49 PM
I love Fight Club!!:pop:

setem
8/21/2006, 05:44 PM
I love Fight Club!!:pop:

What? It's from Pulp Fiction man... am I missing something here?

L.J.TX Sooner
8/22/2006, 01:29 PM
What? It's from Pulp Fiction man... am I missing something here?

Yea! obviously you missed the joke! :eek:

setem
8/22/2006, 10:35 PM
Yea! obviously you missed the joke! :eek:

I guess so...no worries though! This is going to be a season for the records!:D

setem
10/5/2006, 10:38 AM
I told you this would be a good season!