PDA

View Full Version : Weekend PGA thread

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 11:49 AM
A Sooner fan needs to start a weekend PGA thread so we don't keep seeing a whorn's name everytime this one bumped.

All day golf - good stuff.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 11:55 AM
these TNT guys are truly unfunny.

the Medinah clubhouse is a pretty interesting building.

but, yeah. it's raining here and i already made the weekend trip to the market....so, i'm good to go.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 11:59 AM
but, yeah. it's raining here and i already made the weekend trip to the market....so, i'm good to go.

Golf on TV - check
Ribs on smoker - check
Beer in fridge - check

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 12:11 PM
DiMarco is on fire early. -3 thru 4 today.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 12:11 PM
Golf on TV - check
Ribs on smoker - check
Beer in fridge - check

sounds good to me, bro.

it's too early to say anything like this, but i sure would like to see diMarco win if he can get into to it tomorrow.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 12:24 PM
it's too early to say anything like this, but i sure would like to see diMarco win if he can get into to it tomorrow.

I'd probably like to see DiMarco win more than anybody else.

GDC
8/19/2006, 12:50 PM
Thank god.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 01:37 PM
is it just me or does David Toms walk funny? Phil is right back in it after the par 5's.

what a par putt for Eldick! goes to show that like my G-paw used to say....you really only have to hit one good shot to make a par.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 01:40 PM
This is getting pretty good with DiMarco, Toms, Mickelson, Scott and even Sergio playing well today. That was a big putt by Tiger.

Scott D
8/19/2006, 01:43 PM
Sergio playing well on Saturday only means one thing...he'll stink it up on Sunday.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 01:51 PM
i just love it when they show the leaderboard before going to commercial and whole page is people -8, but they gotta put Tiger at 1. decorum would call for that to be in alphabetical order--or at minimum give Henrik some props for sleeping on the lead. it's so transparent.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 01:52 PM
i just love it when they show the leaderboard before going to commercial and whole page is people -8, but they gotta put Tiger at 1. decorum would call for that to be in alphabetical order. it's so transparent.

I've noticed that too - If guys are tied, they always put the biggest names first.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 01:56 PM
this will be my last curmudgeonly comment: but, the number of commercial breaks is REALLY out of hand. it's almost as bad as the NCAA tournament....but at least there they have to respect timed play.....somewhat.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 01:58 PM
this will be my last curmudgeonly comment.

yeah - right. ;)

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 02:05 PM
there are genuine curmoudgeonly comments and ones you interpret as curmudgeonly comments. big difference. i was going to remark earlier about the bigass size of some of the red oak trees on the course....but that was just a can of worms.

:D

Stanley1
8/19/2006, 02:12 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1496712&postcount=82

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 02:16 PM
Luke is using the force I think...

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 02:21 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1496712&postcount=82

rain softens the green...so they can spin it. fairways are flat. you can't give these guys lies where the ball and their feet aren't at odds...or they might as well be hitting practice balls. greens are rolling true but not stimping like a major....you can make a run at longer putts and not worry about 7 feet coming back or knocking it through the break.

of course, the network guys (deep in the pocket of the PGA) can't gush enough about what makes the PGA "so special" while taking backhanded shots at the USGA and the Open. they sound like Aggies.

fadada1
8/19/2006, 02:24 PM
i'm pulling for the field - which means i'm not pulling for someone else.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 02:31 PM
of course, the network guys (deep in the pocket of the PGA) can't gush enough about what makes the PGA "so special" while taking backhanded shots at the USGA and the Open. they sound like Aggies.

Most of the time, the PGA is nothing more than a regular tour event but with a better field.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 02:33 PM
Davis Love is incredible today.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 02:33 PM
i'm pulling for the field - which means i'm not pulling for someone else.

that's the best way to be, IMO.

nice little rebound by DL III.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 02:35 PM
Mickelson can make some incredible saves. However, if he'd stop hitting stupid shots, he wouldn't have to make those saves.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 02:39 PM
You don't see TW smile much like that after missing a putt...

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 02:43 PM
WTF goes through Poulters mind when he picks out his wardrobe! :confused:

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 02:44 PM
DiMarco's singed the cup a few times now.

say what you want about Ian Poulter but he's got a nice, compact swing (before i saw Turk's post).

i kinda like Mike Wier's game too.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 02:47 PM
Tiger takes a nice divot with a 5-wood and hits it 267 - unbelievable.

fadada1
8/19/2006, 02:49 PM
"he's in perfect control"

HEY YOU A-HOLE, NANTZ... SO IS THE GUY THAT'S LEADING!!!!!!!

why do i even watch????? the whole f-ing field is within 2 shots of the lead, yet only one person is in "total control" of his game today. thankfully we don't have to listen to johnny miller today... nantz is bad enough.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 02:50 PM
that swing-vision thingy CBS has is cool.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 02:54 PM
the whole f-ing field is within 2 shots of the lead, yet only one person is in "total control" of his game today.

the rest of the field must just be getting lucky.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 02:58 PM
"he's in perfect control"

HEY YOU A-HOLE, NANTZ... SO IS THE GUY THAT'S LEADING!!!!!!!

why do i even watch????? the whole f-ing field is within 2 shots of the lead, yet only one person is in "total control" of his game today. thankfully we don't have to listen to johnny miller today... nantz is bad enough.
Take it easy man...

In with the good air...

OUt with the bad....

:pop:

fadada1
8/19/2006, 03:00 PM
Take it easy man...

In with the good air...

OUt with the bad....

i need beer.... lots and lots of beer.

WHEN DOES FOOTBALL START???????? IT MAKES ME LESS MAD!!!!

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 03:03 PM
i need beer.... lots and lots of beer.

WHEN DOES FOOTBALL START???????? IT MAKES ME LESS MAD!!!!
I was just thinking about when the picks start...

I'm not trying to win or anything...

I'd just like to remember to participate every week.

picks (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75067&highlight=yahoo+picks)

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 03:07 PM
Micheel shoots 30 on the front i think we saw him hit maybe 3-5 shots. mostly putts.

fadada1
8/19/2006, 03:07 PM
these greens are not hard/fast enough. too many darts being thrown out there today.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 03:10 PM
It's Bed Lam out there on the course today. ;)

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 03:11 PM
Micheel shoots 30 on the front i think we saw him hit maybe 3-5 shots. mostly putts.

They just showed Donald's shot, but I don't remember seeing a whole lot of his shots either.

fadada1
8/19/2006, 03:14 PM
welcome to tigger TV.

that's precisely why i don't enjoy watching golf like i used to.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 03:17 PM
which network stooge was that hollerin' out 1-2-3-4.....under par! 32 on the front nine. Micheel shot 30. which is 2 better than that.....

i'm been railing against Tiger tv around here for a while. that it's become so shameless is still pathetic.

bri
8/19/2006, 03:22 PM
It's Bed Lam out there on the course today. ;)

BOOOOOOO!!

fadada1
8/19/2006, 03:24 PM
'like lemmings off a cliff.... these are days of tigger tv.'

jk the sooner fan
8/19/2006, 03:25 PM
i just love it when they show the leaderboard before going to commercial and whole page is people -8, but they gotta put Tiger at 1. decorum would call for that to be in alphabetical order--or at minimum give Henrik some props for sleeping on the lead. it's so transparent.

actually they post it by the last hole played.....if you're on the 9th at -8 under and the next guy is on the 7th at 8 under, they're s'posed to post the guy on the 9th first

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 03:27 PM
'like lemmings off a cliff.... these are days of tigger tv.'

I'll play devil's advocate here (it bugs me too), but what would you do if you were CBS? The guy is one of the most popular sports figures in the world.

jk the sooner fan
8/19/2006, 03:27 PM
Mickelson can make some incredible saves. However, if he'd stop hitting stupid shots, he wouldn't have to make those saves.

he's the USA version of Seve Ballesteros...only left handed, and with man boobs

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 03:29 PM
actually they post it by the last hole played.....if you're on the 9th at -8 under and the next guy is on the 7th at 8 under, they're s'posed to post the guy on the 9th first

supposed to, but they don't.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 03:29 PM

if so, i retract my comment. but, the leaderboard i was talking about i believe DiMarco was tied for the lead and that would have been him and not Tiger....vis a vis the last hole played rule.

fadada1
8/19/2006, 03:34 PM
I'll play devil's advocate here (it bugs me too), but what would you do if you were CBS? The guy is one of the most popular sports figures in the world.
oh, i understand it. it's the notre dame affect.

i get ticked when they say "tiger want's it more than anyone out there."

BULL S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

170 golfers teed it up on thursday, ALL wanting it more than anything in the world.

"well, he works harder than anyone else."

PROVE IT!!!!

every single one of these guys busts their *** to do this (save tim herron). the club pros in particular bust their butts because they have to run a golf course AND keep thei playing ability up.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 03:34 PM
this is just crazy.

jk the sooner fan
8/19/2006, 03:35 PM
if so, i retract my comment. but, the leaderboard i was talking about i believe DiMarco was tied for the lead and that would have been him and not Tiger....vis a vis the last hole played rule.

right, i'm not saying they actually do it, but thats how they're s'posed to do it

i'm sure they're trying to draw viewers.....if you flip on the tv and see tiger near the top, you might sit and watch....like him or not, he does alot of intangibles for the game

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 03:35 PM
this is just crazy.

no doubt. Great chip by Donald and bunker shot by Micheel.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 03:39 PM
right, i'm not saying they actually do it, but thats how they're s'posed to do it

i'm sure they're trying to draw viewers.....if you flip on the tv and see tiger near the top, you might sit and watch....like him or not, he does alot of intangibles for the game

he does a lot of intangibles for marketing the game. the game itself has been fine for a long time. i like Tiger more right now than i ever have in my life....but, i can also see where "integrity" in representing visually what is actually happening on the golf course is being minimized in terms of "selling" the star system.

if you take a strict consumer model of life....then that makes perfect sense and it's an airtight argument. but, i don't watch sports because i want it to be like Entertainment Tonight (though it's getting hella hard to do anymore).

bri
8/19/2006, 03:42 PM
I don't think highlighting the guy everyone knows is gonna hurt the integrity of the game. I'll take a misleading leaderboard any day of the week over what passes for "star treatment" in other pro leagues.

And in no way am I making a veiled bitter comment about the NBA Finals. :D

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 03:46 PM
I don't think highlighting the guy everyone knows is gonna hurt the integrity of the game. I'll take a misleading leaderboard any day of the week over what passes for "star treatment" in other pro leagues.

And in no way am I making a veiled bitter comment about the NBA Finals. :D

while the insinuating non-insinuation of the NBA Finals is rhetorically unchallengable....i said that "the integrity of what is happening on the golf course" as represented by the media coveredge while the tournament is happening. everyone start laughing now given out overall media systems....but some sense of "accurate" representation is not an unfair expectation in my mind. not the integrity of the game itself.

Mike Weir unconscious.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 03:46 PM
I'm glad the course is playing relatively easy. The more difficult the course, the more Tiger tends to seperate himself from the field.

hell of a shot by Weir there!

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 03:47 PM
Another stupid shot by Phil. Let's see if he can save par again.

fadada1
8/19/2006, 03:49 PM
hell of a shot by Weir there!
what makes it even better.... HE'S STANDING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BALL!!!

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 03:54 PM
to Turk's point: everytime they show Mickelson he's hitting some kind of circus shot out of jail.

how does he spin the ball like that out of that stuff?

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 03:58 PM
I think Phil is done. But we'll still see a bunch of his shots.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 03:58 PM
Player Cam is pretty cool...

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 04:05 PM
just on an Oklahoma Sooner note: the former head of the PGA that used to be the guy who hands the Wannamaker Trophy to the winner until 3-4 years ago, Jim Awtrey, was the head pro at Dornick Hills in Ardmore and later at the Trails in Norman. Jim still does something for the PGA, but he's not the Trophy guy anymore....but will prolly be standing around the green in a PGA blazer after whoever wins tomorrow.

he also gave me the first job i ever had (in 8th grade). range tractor guy at the Trails (which used to be a much, much better golf course than it is today...and while Jim was there was considered to have the best or among the best greens in the state).

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 04:07 PM
he also gave me the first job i ever had (in 8th grade). range tractor guy at the Trails

cool - so people hit golf balls at you.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 04:08 PM
If I hit the lotto tonight...

I think I'll try to go to Ireland for the Ryder Cup. :D

Wonder what a scalped ticket per day would cost?

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 04:10 PM
jesus, Weir almost made that one, too.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 04:10 PM
How the hell did that putt by Weir not go in?!

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 04:11 PM
cool - so people hit golf balls at you.

more often than not, the people not trying were the one's who hit you.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 04:13 PM
when was the last time you saw so many approach shots end up in their pitch mark?

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 04:14 PM
YEE HAW ! ! !

http://www.breaktaker.com/albums/pictures/transportation/MonsterGolfCart.jpg

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 04:21 PM
How good is that Luke Donald swing?!

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 04:24 PM
succs for Weir to make 5 at 18. Nice 65 though.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 04:28 PM
That old guy in the Price Waterhouse commercial is starting to creep me out.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 04:31 PM
the Sergio replay from '99 is getting old.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 04:39 PM
Ogilvy and Garcia are still in the hunt.

fadada1
8/19/2006, 04:40 PM
talking about tiger is getting old.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 04:42 PM
this is kind of the point where Eldrick might make a couple birdies and open up some space between him and most of the field. at minumum elimate a half dozen players on the leaderboard who would otherwise have to shoot 63 tomorrow to win.

i think they said on TNT yesterday that Tiger was 6-0 in majors where he scored in the 60's on Thrusday.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 04:43 PM
You wanna talk about wood...

Well your on your own there buddy...;)

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 04:44 PM
that was a helluva shot.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 04:45 PM
I was tending to my ribs for the last 10 minutes - what did I miss?

BTW - the ribs are going to be perfect!

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 04:48 PM
I'm thinking game over.

fadada1
8/19/2006, 04:51 PM
my roomate (also a fellow assistant pro) tongues tigger's cornhole more than johnny miller. it might be a long day of listening to his slurping noises during tomorrow's broadcast.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 04:57 PM
my roomate (also a fellow assistant pro) tongues tigger's cornhole more than johnny miller. it might be a long day of listening to his slurping noises during tomorrow's broadcast.

dolemite will post tomorrow too......watch.

like Lanny just said, if it's a 3 man race....Tiger is overwhelmingly the fave. if there were 5-6 guys.....someone will go low. like i posted, tiger makes a birdie or two more, half the leaderboard is off the map.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 05:02 PM
like i posted, tiger makes a birdie or two more, half the leaderboard is off the map.

If Tiger makes a birdie or two more, all of the leaderboard is off the map.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 05:04 PM
However, if he makes bogey, it pulls a few back into contention.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 05:06 PM
I think the smart $ is on Tiger winning this one...

fadada1
8/19/2006, 05:06 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

OH, THE HUMANITY.

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 05:08 PM
Alright - I'm going to eat ribs. It's been fun, see some of you here tomorrow.

StoopTroup
8/19/2006, 05:25 PM
I hope Tiger isn't trashing out my ride.

King Crimson
8/19/2006, 05:26 PM
Donald is not going away.

bri
8/19/2006, 05:26 PM
Eldrick's playin' like they're gonna pay him if he wins. :D

Newbomb Turk
8/19/2006, 05:56 PM
holy moses - best ribs evar. Cept I burnt my left index finger. Hope I can still swing a golf club. Might have to go to a modified grip.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 04:39 AM

like Lanny just said, if it's a 3 man race....Tiger is overwhelmingly the fave. if there were 5-6 guys.....someone will go low. like i posted, tiger makes a birdie or two more, half the leaderboard is off the map.
I like tiger bitch so what about it .

We were talking about this today. I am going to be 100% honest with you. I think that golf is a great game. I love to play it, it is a game that really anyone can play and is very challenging. Watching on tv tho for many others and I it is a pretty boring thing to watch. I am going to tell you right now that I only watch the Majiors, and I really one watch them when Tiger is in the hunt. He is by far the best golfer in the world and he has that "it" factor about him. Only 1 other person I have watched in professional sports has that "it" and that was Jordan. I have talked to my grandfather about this two and he said the only other person he knew that had the "it " was the Golden bear.

I don't understand why it is offensive to pepeople that I am happy when Tiger wins or I always pic him.

The guy is a great role model for kids. He is a winner, and maybe the best athlete that ever lived.( when I say athelte I mean a guy competing in a particular sport.)

I like Tiger and he is going to win tommorw.

Chuck Bao
8/20/2006, 05:16 AM

We were talking about this today. I am going to be 100% honest with you. I think that golf is a great game. I love to play it, it is a game that really anyone can play and is very challenging. Watching on tv tho for many others and I it is a pretty boring thing to watch. I am going to tell you right now that I only watch the Majiors, and I really one watch them when Tiger is in the hunt. He is by far the best golfer in the world and he has that "it" factor about him. Only 1 other person I have watched in professional sports has that "it" and that was Jordan. I have talked to my grandfather about this two and he said the only other person he knew that had the "it " was the Golden bear.

I don't understand why it is offensive to pepeople that I am happy when Tiger wins or I always pic him.

The guy is a great role model for kids. He is a winner, and maybe the best athlete that ever lived.( when I say athelte I mean a guy competing in a particular sport.)

Well, except that the game of golf is the debil spawn and Tiger is like the anti-christ.

Anyone can play it. True, you've got to displace almost all farmers and use an ungodly amout of water and chemis to keep the green green.

For a televised sport, there is no stadium and that is not very efficient.

I hate terrorism, but a jihad against golf wouldn't be a bad thing.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 11:47 AM
Some of the guys going out early are shooting low scores. Looks like it might be a repeat of yesterday.

Stanley1
8/20/2006, 11:53 AM

How does that not make you a bandwagon fan? Liking possibly the best golfer ever ONLY because he is a good golfer?

THAT is my problem with most Tiger fans.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 11:55 AM
Some of the guys going out early are shooting low scores. Looks like it might be a repeat of yesterday.

Kratzert was talking earlier about -19 being the number. which is 67 by the leaders. it's conceivable someone could toss up a 64 or something and catch the lead group....but, if either Tiger or Donald post 67 i think that's going to be hard to beat.

of course the guys on the course now are playing without much pressure other than $$$.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 12:19 PM
How does that not make you a bandwagon fan? Liking possibly the best golfer ever ONLY because he is a good golfer?

because a ****ing bandwagon fan is someone who jumps on and off the band wagon noob. I never rooted for anyone other than tiger. You don't have a problem with people who are "bandwgon" fans. You have a problem with winners and anyone who routs for winners. I can name many examples. You have what is called littleman synddrome. So you tend to rout for losers because you are in the same category.:D

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 12:28 PM

Who do you like. I never said I liked he just because he is a good golfer. If you knew how to read you would have seen that in my post. In 1997 he did somthing no one had ever done at the masters I was in 7th grade and I watched the whole weekend of the event with my grandfather. It was somthing I had never seen before. He was a trancesnded age, race and, many other things. Can I get the Stanley1 reasonings why you have to like a guy please. Because I mean when I was growing up Oklahoma was a horriable ****ing team and for some reason I am an oklahoma fan. LOL

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 12:30 PM
Sergio has gone for the catsup *and* mustard look today...to round out his condiments theme from Hoylake.

from the waist up, i thought he was wearing an Eric Crouch jersey.

Stanley1
8/20/2006, 12:50 PM
because a ****ing bandwagon fan is someone who jumps on and off the band wagon noob.

Not exactly young grasshoppa. Band wagon fans jump on and off as the player/team does good/bad. Tiger, aside from a couple of stretches, has never really been "bad". I think you said it best when you said you only watch him when he's in contention. Do you only go to OU games if they still have a shot at a NC or Big 12 title? Probably not.

I never rooted for anyone other than tiger. You don't have a problem with people who are "bandwgon" fans. You have a problem with winners and anyone who routs for winners. I can name many examples. You have what is called littleman synddrome. So you tend to rout for losers because you are in the same category.:D

I have a problem with winners? :rolleyes: Okay, that makes alot of sense.

I don't rout (its root btw) for losers. You should know I'm a big Phil fan, and there are many reasons for that. He wasn't some rich kid growing up. He actually is polite to his fans. He doesn't act like an a-hole both on and off the course. My grandpa liked him. The list could go on and on.

Stanley1
8/20/2006, 12:54 PM
Can I get the Stanley1 reasonings why you have to like a guy please.

You can like whomever you want for whatever reason you want. I was just pointing out that he was/is an easy person to root for b/c he wins all the time. Same reason ND football had a billion fans in the early 90's. Same reason the 49er's used to have so many fans. Same reason Jordan and Chicago had so many fans.

You eluded to being a Chicago fan during the Jordan years. They still your favorite team? I don't flip-flop. Been a Bengals fan since the late 80's, early 90's. Yes, that means I've sat through over a decade of pitiful play, and wasted top 5 draft picks.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 01:00 PM
:les: You two retards quit jacking up a good golf thread!

;)

StoopTroup
8/20/2006, 01:01 PM
They almost put a dent in my Buick this morning coming into the parking lot.

Tiger looked like he could use a couple of muscle relaxers when he got out of the car.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 01:02 PM
Not exactly young grasshoppa. Band wagon fans jump on and off as the player/team does good/bad. Tiger, aside from a couple of stretches, has never really been "bad". I think you said it best when you said you only watch him when he's in contention. Do you only go to OU games if they still have a shot at a NC or Big 12 title? Probably not.

I have a problem with winners? :rolleyes: Okay, that makes alot of sense.

I don't rout (its root btw) for losers. You should know I'm a big Phil fan, and there are many reasons for that. He wasn't some rich kid growing up. He actually is polite to his fans. He doesn't act like an a-hole both on and off the course. My grandpa liked him. The list could go on and on.

By contention I mean still playing. Like a couple of weeks ago he did not make the cut I did not watch.

Yes you have a problem with winners. This is the reason you were banned. You hate winners becuae you are not one and have never been one. Courty Paris and cp and womans golfers that whole thing. I'LL BET YOU COULD CRUSH EVERYONE BUT PHIL AND TIGER AT GOLF TOO.
Phil is not a winner Phil will never play well when tiger is in the hunt because is a little bitch. Phil will always be the first loser. Ohh and phil is a reall great guy on camera. You have proven you really don'y know much beacuse many of the media say he is a a real *** off and has maybe the second worst gambling problem on the tour. The whole he was not a rich kid growing up is another example of you always rooting for an underdog. By the way Phil was not poor or LOWERCLASS....LOL ...do some reading. But stanley one knows everthing and can beat everyone. :rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 01:03 PM

You should be negged for starting this. ;)

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 01:05 PM
You can like whomever you want for whatever reason you want. I was just pointing out that he was/is an easy person to root for b/c he wins all the time. Same reason ND football had a billion fans in the early 90's. Same reason the 49er's used to have so many fans. Same reason Jordan and Chicago had so many fans.

You eluded to being a Chicago fan during the Jordan years. They still your favorite team? I don't flip-flop. Been a Bengals fan since the late 80's, early 90's. Yes, that means I've sat through over a decade of pitiful play, and wasted top 5 draft picks.
No I WAS NEVER A CHICAGO FAN. EVER. I liked Jordan and I watched him growing up. I loved Jordan. But I am a Miami heat, Miami Dolphins, Folrida Marlins Fan.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 01:06 PM
You proably hated jordan because he was a winner.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 01:06 PM
best case scenario is the someone or a couple in the -10 bunch goes low early....and then it's "on".

the scoring par 5's and par 3's will be interesting since the former are scoring ops and the latter have played pretty tough.

DiMarco said the wind is up, and Sergio said it was down (though fed the answer by the interview guy)....while the oak trees behind him were noticably blowing.

Stanley1
8/20/2006, 01:07 PM
I'm not going to argue with you doleo, b/c all you've done is started attacking me personally. You also don't know your FACTS. FACT #1, Phil's mother worked two jobs so he could play golf. Dirt poor? Probably not. Middle class? You betcha. FACT #2, the media loves Phil b/c he grants interviews, speaks honestly, and isn't an excuse making a-hole like tiger.

I love how you call me a loser. You really want to compare lives buddy? You brought this crap up, its time to LET IT GO. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder b/c playing me in hoops clearly means more to YOU than it does to ME. Beating your arse on the court proves nothing to me doleo. Not a damn thing. On the other hand, if you were to somehow beat me it'd give you that ONE thing to hold over my head. I'm sorry that being doleo sucks so much, but its time to quit hatin' on someone that is sucessful in life.

Stanley1
8/20/2006, 01:08 PM
You proably hated jordan because he was a winner.

Nope. I hated him b/c everybody and their mother claims to be a Jordan fan, including people that never even watched the NBA.

Bandwagon.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 01:09 PM
best case scenario is the someone or a couple in the -10 bunch goes low early....and then it's "on".

I hope so - I really don't care who wins. I just want it to be close with a little drama.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 01:11 PM
Didn't Jordan have a gambling problem? If so, I guess that makes him bad like Phil.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 01:14 PM
I'm not going to argue with you doleo, b/c all you've done is started attacking me personally. You also don't know your FACTS. FACT #1, Phil's mother worked two jobs so he could play golf. Dirt poor? Probably not. Middle class? You betcha. FACT #2, the media loves Phil b/c he grants interviews, speaks honestly, and isn't an excuse making a-hole like tiger.

I love how you call me a loser. You really want to compare lives buddy? You brought this crap up, its time to LET IT GO. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder b/c playing me in hoops clearly means more to YOU than it does to ME. Beating your arse on the court proves nothing to me doleo. Not a damn thing. On the other hand, if you were to somehow beat me it'd give you that ONE thing to hold over my head. I'm sorry that being doleo sucks so much, but its time to quit hatin' on someone that is sucessful in life.
You were the one that said somthing to me. I never said anything about basketball. LOL. When has tiger ever made excuses. LOL....Man you are living in a dream world.

You called me a bandwagon fan. You have no Idea how much that ****es me off. I have rooted for tiger since 1997. I have rooted for the Mrlins since then also and heat since then also. I have rooted for THE DOLPHINS AND SOONERS SINCE i WAS A FETUS.

I can call you aloser because you called me a bandwagon fan don't cry about it. Being Doleo does suck cause gawd hates me anyways. But do you think I live ina card board box in norman. I mean life does not suck that much. Is this aonther example of you tryhing to extend somthing that may not be long saying you are more succcesful. WTF...LOL

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 01:15 PM
Didn't Jordan have a gambling problem? If so, I guess that makes him bad like Phil.
hE HAD A HUGE ONE WORSE THATN PHILS AND STILL DOES. I am just saying phil is not jesus.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 01:15 PM
You should be negged for starting this. ;)

i'll shoulder the responsibility. though, what i said was confirmed over again by doleo's post. personally, as often as he tosses around calling other posters bitch or women (including myself on a couple occasions, which is odd since i went out of my way to burn him some music once)....he ought to grow a little tougher skin.

i'm not choosing sides in the ****ing match.....both doleo and stanley are Entertainment Tonight! golf fans IMO. the game is bigger than the star system.....when "covering the stars" becomes more important than competition itself...then it's not sports anymore but the same old media-for-profit garbage. that's all i'm saying. being a Tiger fan does not equal being a golf fan....or a knowledgable one. He might be the best player ever, but he didn't invent the game. i'm a fan of the game, not whoever does the most commercials or wins the most.

that being said, if it comes down to Tiger and Phil, I'll pull for Tiger.

JMFO.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 01:19 PM
i'll shoulder the responsibility. though, what i said was confirmed over again by doleo's post. personally, as often as he tosses around calling other posters bitch or women (including myself on a couple occasions, which is odd since i went out of my way to burn him some music once)....he ought to grow a little tougher skin.

i'm not choosing sides in the ****ing match.....both doleo and stanley are Entertainment Tonight! golf fans IMO. the game is bigger than the star system.....when "covering the stars" becomes more important than competition itself...then it's not sports anymore but the same old media-for-profit garbage. that's all i'm saying. being a Tiger fan does not equal being a golf fan....or a knowledgable one. He might be the best player ever, but he didn't invent the game. i'm a fan of the game, not whoever does the most commercials or wins the most.

JMFO.

I am not a fan of the game. I can admit that. I am a tiger fan and I like playing golf but as for the Pga as a whole I am impartial I guess.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 01:22 PM

JMFO.
I have thin skin on a few things you just have to know what they are "bandwagon" being one of them which stanley should know. Ohh and I will love you for ever for burning those cds bro. Thanks again......bitch :D

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 01:23 PM

That shouldn't be an issue today after that opening bogey.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 01:23 PM
I am not a fan of the game. I can admit that. I am a tiger fan and I like playing golf but as for the Pga as a whole I am impartial I guess.

fair enough, doleo. though i think you mean indifferent rather than impartial.

it would have been more appropriate if i had placed a ;) in my orig post suggesting you'd show up with Tiger in the lead.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 01:25 PM
WInking face blah blah blah .......If you walk away from this board thinking anything I post I would remeber tommorw your proably wrong.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 01:35 PM
WInking face blah blah blah .......If you walk away from this board thinking anything I post I would remeber tommorw your proably wrong.

i can't say that's something i've ever worried about. and if you want to toss around blah blah blah emoticon smack....then maybe you ought to stop using :D after "bitch".

this is all i have to say on this topic.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 01:40 PM
I hope so - I really don't care who wins. I just want it to be close with a little drama.

that's what i'm hoping for. you just want to see whoever plays the best golf win with some pressure and drama....mostly.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 01:42 PM
the Ogilvy-Weir pairing is interesting. both guys have the talent to "step-up" into the next tier of players.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 02:01 PM
Ogilvy in the drink on 2.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 02:11 PM
Tiger looks like he is on today.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 02:14 PM
It would be nice to be able to hit 3-iron on a hole that is 414 yards. That is, if I could hit a 3-iron. :O

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 02:18 PM
Ogilvy is hacking it up.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 02:33 PM
tough break for Donald, but the slo-mo of him hitting out of the divot was purdy cool.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 02:47 PM
Tiger may run away with this thing.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 02:49 PM
it may just be the "stars are aligning" for Eldrick.....today. someone is going to have to come get him....because he looks pretty good. i don't see him giving back alot.

great highlight from O'Hair, who i kinda like as a player.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 02:54 PM
i've never seen a major where so many guys just knock irons in tap-in length....routinely.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 02:54 PM
Looks like it may have to be Weir. Donald doesn't have it going on right now. Scott is playing well, but I don't know if he has enough holes left to play to go low enough.

KC//CRIMSON
8/20/2006, 02:59 PM
Nice to see Sergio dressed like a Hardee's employee.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 03:01 PM
Donald could bounce back....but he's lost 3 shots to Eldrick in 5 holes.....kinda like Sergio as playing partner did at Hoylake.

Weir is hitting some great iron shots....but you get the feeling Tiger can finish at -16 if he wants to.....he's kinda got a Dean Smith fourcorners i'll make a couple birdes and freeze out pars until someone makes a move.

players have really scored on the front and less the back....like Micheel and DiMarco shooting 30 yesterday (with the par 5's) and if it gets to the back and Tiger's up 2 or more....he's mos def in control.

KC//CRIMSON
8/20/2006, 03:04 PM
Donald just toilet bowled it.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 03:05 PM
Donald could bounce back....but he's lost 3 shots to Eldrick in 5 holes.

you wonder about his psyche right now. What is that, 3 lip-outs in 4 holes?

KC//CRIMSON
8/20/2006, 03:05 PM
it's just ended.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 03:06 PM
It's still early, but this thing looks like it is over.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 03:07 PM
it's just ended.

beat me to it.

KC//CRIMSON
8/20/2006, 03:09 PM
Hello #12!

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 03:18 PM
Donald is toast.

I may have to switch over to the NASCAR race.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 03:29 PM
Luke has officially wilted, I think.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 03:32 PM
This would be a good tournament if Tiger weren't playing.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 03:33 PM
Tiger is a freak.

tbl
8/20/2006, 03:37 PM
Too bad this is the end of the season. The fool is on FIRE!

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 03:45 PM
I hope he plays like this in the Ryder Cup.

Newbomb Turk
8/20/2006, 04:04 PM
11 putts on the front nine usually works.

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 04:16 PM
Tiger is a freak.

1 character

GDC
8/20/2006, 07:50 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/19/full.getty-71642834rb217_2006_pga_cham_8_17_16_pm.jpg

jk the sooner fan
8/20/2006, 08:27 PM
stanley - what does tiger make excuses for? i'm confused.....i dont remember any time that he's had to make excuses, he's usually beating everybody

colleyvillesooner
8/20/2006, 08:55 PM
Man, wish I would have been around for this.

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 09:10 PM
stanley - what does tiger make excuses for? i'm confused.....i dont remember any time that he's had to make excuses, he's usually beating everybody
exactly

dolemitesooner
8/20/2006, 09:11 PM
Man, wish I would have been around for this.

lol..I 'll bet you were

tulsaoilerfan
8/20/2006, 10:02 PM
Nice to see Sergio dressed like a Hardee's employee.
Didn't el Pinto wear Yellow the final round of the British? He should learn from those mistakes

picasso
8/20/2006, 10:46 PM

dude, Tiger as Craig Humphries has said many times, is the best and one of the most gracious interviews on tour. he says Elrdick never speaks down to anyone wanting an interview, etc.
Keep stroking Phat Phil.:D

picasso
8/20/2006, 10:56 PM
these TNT guys are truly unfunny.

the Medinah clubhouse is a pretty interesting building.

it's got a mosque/muslim vibe. didn't you see the club crest? you also may want to check into the real Medinah.

weird motif for a golf club.:confused:

picasso
8/20/2006, 11:00 PM
http://www.hariam.org/scimitar.gif

http://members.medinahcc.org/Images/medcc_login_logo.gif

picasso
8/20/2006, 11:02 PM
ahhh, oddball shriners. should have known.

picasso
8/20/2006, 11:04 PM
Phil really got his *** kicked today (and yesterday). Guess Pelz was wrong.

picasso
8/20/2006, 11:21 PM
Woods wallops PGA field to move one step closer to history Aug. 20, 2006
By Dave Shedloski
PGATOUR.com Senior Correspondent

MEDINAH, Ill. -- Kerry Haigh, the managing director of tournaments for the PGA of America, was hunched over a computer screen Sunday night pouring over statistics from the 88th PGA Championship. It’s an annual ritual that helps him determine future course set-ups and other decisions regarding competition.

Nothing in there could tell him how to stop Tiger Woods.

“Frankly, it’s not something anyone in my position should try to do,” said Haigh, who is in charge of setting up the tournament course. “It’s just a delight to watch him play the game. It’s up to the other players to stop him.”

Woods certainly isn’t going to stop himself.

Returning to the form that made him so indomitable from 1999-02 before he undertook drastic and controversial swing changes, Woods walloped the field Sunday at Medinah Country Club for his third PGA title and 12th major championship. A final-round 68 on the No. 3 Course that he also conquered for his first PGA title in 1999 provided Woods with a record-tying 18-under 270 total and a cushy five-shot victory over Shaun Micheel.

Woods now stands alone in second place on the all-time majors list, with Jack Nicklaus and his 18 titles the only star in the golf constellation left on the horizon. He stands alone in his era with 51 PGA TOUR titles and wins of five strokes or more in each of the major tournaments. He is his own benchmark for improvement, owning the 72-hole scoring records in relation to par in all four majors.

This is what other players see when they contemplate ways to stop him. It’s a daunting task, not because they lack commitment or talent, but because Woods possesses attributes that can’t be found on statistical forms or fossil records.

“He's that good. The guy is playing just great golf, terrific golf,” said Nicklaus, whose Olympian mark looks vulnerable for the first time since Woods turned professional almost 10 years ago to the day. “Although I watched very little of the championship -- I might have seen a handful of holes; I was out watching my grandkids play golf -- from what I saw he certainly was in total command.”

Discounting this year’s U.S. Open, where Woods missed his only cut in a major as a professional after the death of his father, Earl, six weeks earlier, Tiger has played impeccably and perceptively brilliant in the last eight grand slam tournaments, winning four times and adding a second, a third, and a fourth.

Former PGA champion Rich Beem said that Woods, on a three-tournament win streak that includes the British Open and Buick Open, is playing, “crazy golf.”

Crazy, calculated, consistent, calmly executed golf.

He became disturbingly difficult to beat starting with his victory in the ’99 PGA at Medinah. But he might have transformed himself into a more intractable foe now, simply because of the knowledge he’s acquired in the intervening years.

“If you compare (my game) to how it was here in ’99 versus how I am now, I have a better understanding of how to get more out of my round and how to handle the emotions better,” said Woods, 30, whose 51 wins ties Billy Casper for sixth on the all-time victory list. “I feel like mentally I’m so much better prepared now to handle situations than I was then. Physically, I feel like I’m hitting the ball extremely well, but I have a better understanding of my mechanics and my putting stroke, and overall I’ve made a bunch of strides.”

You might see footprints all over the competition were it not for the fact that he appears to be taking leaps and bounds beyond them.

“It’s a great feeling to know that you’re in control in a major championship, and, basically, if you just keep playing the way you want to play, you’re going to win it,” he said.

You think?

And he likes the feeling of dominance. That’s another factor. Asked if he ever feels sorry for his opponents, Woods offered this dissertation on competitive instinct. Said he, flatly, “No.”

Any questions?

“I think the two big factors here are that Tiger loves a challenge and he’s very comfortable playing in challenging situations because he has done it so many times,” said Hank Haney, Woods’ once derided but now delighted swing instructor. “He’s won tournaments all over the world, more than the 51 PGA TOUR titles, and that’s a lot of experience, plus it’s a lot of experience that he’s taking away from other players. He’s been there more than anyone else.”

Added Steve Stricker, “We’ve seen this over and over again. And we’ll probably see it some more.”

“It comes down to guts. He’s got more than any player out here,” said Sean O’Hair. “He can dig down into places where other guys can’t go.”

Which is why Woods continues to play a game that others can’t play, continues to reach a level of excellence that can’t be explained by statistics and is becoming more difficult to put into words. It can only be put into context. Nicklaus, 18 majors; Woods, 12 majors. They reside now in their own dimension, the rest of golf spinning around them, watching.

picasso
8/20/2006, 11:32 PM
Can anyone stop Tiger when he's in his major zone? Aug. 20, 2006
By Melanie Hauser
PGATOUR.com Contributor

MEDINAH, Ill. -- Twelve-and-Oh.

Two-for-the-last-two majors. Four-for-the-last-eight.

Three-for-his-last-three tournaments, period. Fifty-one career wins.

Took on Hoylake and won that chess match with a 2-iron. Here at the 88th PGA Championship, it was his 5-wood -- “my senior club,” he calls it -- and his putting.

And, oh, there’s that unbelievable, unmistakable, get-outta-my-way fifth gear.

Tiger Woods. He’s so good, one caddy said Sunday afternoon, it’s positively obscene.

One look and he owns you. One hole and he’s turned a three-shot lead into an up-by-five-and-counting headshaker. He doesn’t just save shots, he wills the ball into the hole.

What’s a player -- the entire field for that matter -- to do?

They play their guts out. They golf their ball. They fall farther behind.

“He just seems to put it into another gear on the last day,’’ Steve Stricker said. “And whatever he needs to do, he does it. Whether he needs to make a clutch putt or make a great shot. He takes it to a different level when the other guys are struggling with their emotions.’’

And shaking their collective heads.

“There are so many things he can do that other guys can’t,’’ said 2001 PGA champ David Toms. “Even the guys out there chasing him right now. They have to do something extraordinary to have a chance when he’s going around playing his game.’’

When Tiger gets on one of these rolls, it’s time to wave the white flag. He’s unbeatable. He’s golf’s version of PacMan, gobbling up everything -- records, titles, you name it -- in sight.

“We make more mistakes than he does,’’ Adam Scott said. “He recovers better than we do.’’

A shot a day -- like Saturday at 18 when he pulled a par out of nowhere -- and he’s four up on the field at the end of the week. And, uh, this week, he won by five.

“I’ve never seen anyone I've never seen anybody, take away Jack Nicklaus, he's the only other guy I've ever seen, who looks more comfortable leading on the back nine of a major than playing the first hole of a tournament, and that's pretty scary,’’ said Chris DiMarco, the man who chased him at Hoylake and pushed him at the 2005 Masters.

“It's unbelievable that he can feel that comfortable. I mean, it's almost like he comes into his comfort zone in that situation and just relishes the fact that everybody for the most part wants to see him trip. People are, like, please make bogeys, other people make birdies, and he just puts the hammer down. At the end he wins by four or five, and your hat off to him. He's the best.’’

And getting better. We thought we’d never see another run like he made in 2000-2001 -- best known as the Tiger Slam -- yet here we are, teetering on the cusp. And even if he doesn’t go four-for-four, one more U.S. Open and he’s got the equivalent of three slams, total.

He’ll tell you modestly there’s a long way to go to reach Jack’s magic number of 18 majors. “It's not something I could get next year,’’ he said. “You know, as I said, it took Jack over 20 years to get to his. It's going to take a career, and I've just got to keep plugging along and keep trying to win these things.’’

Yet the reality is, at this clip, he could be there in two years. Maybe three.

Tiger simply doesn’t have bad Sundays at majors. He’s 12-0 when tied for the lead or leading. And no matter how many times you say that streak is going to end, it doesn’t.

“You would think going to the first tee that he would feel the pressure because everybody is expecting him to win, and it's the exact opposite,’’ DiMarco said. “The guy playing with him feels the most pressure. You would think with the pressure that he feels nobody is giving him a chance. But it's the fact that you have to go face to face with Tiger, and he's a pretty intimidating guy, no doubt about it.’’

Even if he isn’t perfect -- something U.S. Open champ Geoff Ogilvy pointed out.

“He’s the complete package,’’ Ogilvy said. “There are guys who drive it better than he does, although he might not admit it. And everyone talks about how Phil (Mickelson) has got a great short game, but Tiger’s is better.

“We all hit bad shots and make bad decisions. He doesn’t.’’

So what is a player to do?

“Play golf,’’ said Ian Poulter walking away.

Added Scott. “I just think everyone has to do better. Someone has to be the best. Hopefully he won’t be forever.’’

Scott gave chase Sunday, but had too far to go. He started seven shots back and finished tied for third -- six back. But standing on the 16th tee, he was thinking if could birdie in and post 17-under ... and it still wouldn’t have been enough.

“I was out on a prayer today, really,’’ he said.

Who wasn’t? Playing partner Luke Donald went with a power red shirt and shot 2 over. Mike Weir closed the gap to three just after the run and finished seven back. Shaun Micheel shot 69 and finished second, five back.

“There isn’t anything you can do about what he does,’’ Stricker said. “He keeps going lower and lower and you start thinking about where you want to finish.’’

Toms shook his head.

“He does whatever he has to do to win. He can go low, he can grind it out. .. Everyone wants to say it should be Tiger vs. this guy or Tiger vs. that guy. I think it’s Tiger vs. himself more than anything else. He’s the only one who can beat himself and he can only do that by not playing up to his own standards.’’

Which happens, oh, once in a blue moon. And the more he wins, the more the powers that be look for a way to Tiger-proof courses and bring him back to the field.

“What’s laughable is they try to build golf courses around what he can do,’’ Toms said. “I’m not sure you can do that. What can you do to a golf course where he wouldn’t have an advantage?’’

We’re beginning to wonder. They line up and Tiger knocks them down. Eleven playing partners in this 12-0 run. Sergio got blasted twice -- 2002 U.S. Open and 2006 British Open.

And everyone keeps looking for the younger players to step up?

“He’s been in that position so many times that’s the thing with the young guys,’’ swing guru Hank Haney said. “It’s hard to get that experience when one guy is eating up all the opportunities.’’

Again, we ask, what’s a player to do? Suggest Tiger change his swing again?

“I’m not sure he’s going to bite on that one,’’ Scott said with a chuckle. “Looks like he’s just getting rolling now. That leaves us eight months to change our swings for Augusta.’’

And how long until someone does snap that streak? How long until he doesn’t come up with another major Sunday?

“It will happen, eventually,’’ Sergio said, “It’s going to happen. I mean, he’s not going to be 68 years old and in the final round of a major and tied for the lead and he wins.’’

Or is he?

OU4LIFE
8/21/2006, 07:41 AM
Hate Tiger all you want, but you should enjoy watching him make history.

It's amazing stuff.

no one is even close to him right now.

jk the sooner fan
8/21/2006, 07:44 AM

It's amazing stuff.

my thoughts exactly......whether you like him or not, watching him is just fun....he's a damn machine and there's nobody that has his mental toughness

i thought it was funny that Luke Donald chose to wear a red shirt yesterday....perhaps not the wisest choice! :)

GDC
8/21/2006, 07:50 AM
This would be a good tournament if Tiger weren't playing.

Maybe he'll get bored with it all and quit.

picasso
8/21/2006, 09:00 AM

It's amazing stuff.

that's the way I often look at it. some people are just haters. I don't get it.

that said, Mickelson still can't sniff Eldrick's "A game."

picasso
8/21/2006, 09:09 AM
Not exactly young grasshoppa. Band wagon fans jump on and off as the player/team does good/bad. Tiger, aside from a couple of stretches, has never really been "bad".

I don't quite get this logic because Phil has hardly ever had a bad stretch himself.
0-fer in the majors for a while perhaps. and he did have the yips for a while, but he was the best college player when he was there and has been a good pro from the start.
And believe it or not, I follwed him and cheered for him at the '94 PGA.

1stTimeCaller
8/21/2006, 09:10 AM
I'm not a big fan of the LPGA.

GDC
8/21/2006, 09:20 AM
Everyone should go buy Nike clubs, I'm telling you.

TexasLidig8r
8/21/2006, 09:37 AM
Seems like the difference is... everyone on the PGA Tour is chasing Tiger.. he is THEIR gold standard.. he is what they aspire to be... whereas Tiger is chasing history and they are just bit actors on his stage.

Kind of neat to see athletes transcend their sport.

JohnnyMack
8/21/2006, 09:51 AM
Anyone who can't appreciate what Tiger is accomplishing is a *********.

Newbomb Turk
8/21/2006, 09:56 AM
that said, Mickelson still can't sniff Eldrick's "A game."

That's not what fat a$$ Dave Pelz thinks. :rolleyes:

I'm not the biggest Tiger fan, but I don't hate the guy either. But like others have said - what the guy is doing on the PGA Tour is amazing.

OU4LIFE
8/21/2006, 10:08 AM
...and i'm liking the LPGA more all the time.

it's not the hulky lesbian circus it once was.

Mjcpr
8/21/2006, 10:19 AM
...and i'm liking the LPGA more all the time.

it's not the hulky lesbian circus it once was.

Word.

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/images/davies.jpg

OU4LIFE
8/21/2006, 10:31 AM
allow me to retort

http://www.askmen.com/women/models_300/pictures_300/paula_creamer/paula_creamer_150.jpg

Mjcpr
8/21/2006, 10:41 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/golf/news/2001/04/12/hurst_lpga_ap/t1_hurst_all-01.jpg

Mjcpr
8/21/2006, 01:41 PM
By the way....Cink and Verplank were chosen for the Ryder Cup today.

King Crimson
8/21/2006, 01:42 PM
By the way....Cink and Verplank were chosen for the Ryder Cup today.

so Lehman made the captain's picks today?

OU4LIFE
8/21/2006, 01:42 PM
we're screwed

OU4LIFE
8/21/2006, 01:43 PM
He should have taken Davis and Freddy.

Mjcpr
8/21/2006, 01:44 PM
so Lehman made the captain's picks today?

Yep....

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=*****50

King Crimson
8/21/2006, 01:46 PM
i think Verplank has a pretty good record but Cink sort of leaves me scratching my head.

and the Euros deserve a loud chorus of Boo's for the ****bag courses they host on. Valderrama is crappy and the K Club is a tourist spot. how about Ballybunion, Royal COunty Down, or Portrush?

we do a much better of hosting at memorable tracks.

Mjcpr
8/21/2006, 01:47 PM
Big discussion about it here......we're all talking about it. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75012)

Mjcpr
8/21/2006, 01:48 PM
i think Verplank has a pretty good record but Cink sort of leaves me scratching my head.

and the Euros deserve a loud chorus of Boo's for the ****bag courses they host on. Valderrama is crappy and the K Club is a tourist spot. how about Ballybunion, Royal COunty Down, or Portrush?
Do I need to say it?

King Crimson
8/21/2006, 01:50 PM
to quote Paul: if you burn, do it.

IB4OU2
8/21/2006, 01:51 PM
allow me to retort

http://www.askmen.com/women/models_300/pictures_300/paula_creamer/paula_creamer_150.jpg

Me too-

http://www.lpga.com/content/photos/PaulaPinkRound1.1resized.jpg

tulsaoilerfan
8/21/2006, 02:23 PM
Me too-

http://www.lpga.com/content/photos/PaulaPinkRound1.1resized.jpg
Now that is a smackable booty if i have ever seen one. :D