PDA

View Full Version : Guess ESPN thinks whorns will beat tOSU and OU

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/19/2006, 01:29 AM
I tuned in briefly to ESPN to catch everyone's favorite Mark May, and a couple other guys. They were projecting top 10 rankings into Nov., and we weren't in it. tOSU was, however, with one loss.(they had the whorns at #1)

BASSooner
8/19/2006, 01:32 AM
once again, who gives a **** what ESPN thinks?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/19/2006, 01:36 AM
once again, who gives a **** what ESPN thinks?It's recommended we go ahead and play the games to see who's where.

setem
8/19/2006, 02:22 AM
It's recommended we go ahead and play the games to see who's where.

I do agree! They have been known to be wrong every now and then. Last time I checked ESPN had not yet invented a way to see into the future. If they had there would be some rich folks running around cornering the market in sports betting.

I have come to the conclusion that the folks at ESPN make the picks based on how cool they think the team is!

AD is the re-birth of cool!

hawaii 5-0
8/19/2006, 03:00 AM
Playing the underdog role is fine. Shades of 2000.

As far as tOSU, I'm not sold on the defense.

:cool: 5-0

RooseveltRoughRider
8/19/2006, 06:56 AM
It's impossible to predict what will happen before it happens. Ohio State, Texas and OU all have a legitimate shot at being undefeated come November. Only one of them will be though. But it would not surprise me if any of those three are. Texas is capable of beating OU and tOSU. OU is capable of beating UT, and so is tOSU.

Thats why College Football is so great. Im ready for the season to start already! These last 2 weeks are killing me.

RooseveltRoughRider
8/19/2006, 06:57 AM
Heyyyyy..Hawaii 5-0.....I see your quote. Where are you from? I say "BOY HOWDY!" all the time..lol

Ash
8/19/2006, 09:09 AM
The next time Mark May is right will be the first.

Let's see how things play out, many of the teams that are in people's top ten have question marks because they lost key players.

We've got a stout D and I think the offense will come together just fine. I like our chances and can't wait to see these same "experts" eatin' crow a few weeks into the season.

:twinkies:

Flagstaffsooner
8/19/2006, 09:24 AM
http://music.iupui.edu/albright/boyhwdy.gif

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/19/2006, 09:28 AM
I watched the same thing and I wanted to puke the entire time

Sooner Sig Ep
8/19/2006, 04:29 PM
The next time Mark May is right will be the first.:twinkies:

That is the damn truth....there are very few people in the media that I despise more than that moron...

1991SOONER
8/19/2006, 05:54 PM
WELL, just from chatting online in other forums with other horns (the ones who like to gamble and very savvy at gambling btw) they seem fairly confident on a win over tOSU, they were not willing to bet on the OU game FWIW..

(this could mean we end up at #1)

josh09
8/19/2006, 07:17 PM
once again, who gives a **** what ESPN thinks?

ya im pretty sure ESPN hates our guts for some weird reason

footballfanatic
8/19/2006, 07:42 PM
ya im pretty sure ESPN hates our guts for some weird reason

The sentiment you express here is the same expressed by fans at every major college in America.

Ash
8/19/2006, 07:58 PM
That is the damn truth....there are very few people in the media that I despise more than that moron...

Even if I disagreed with him or the other morons I could respect them if anything they said was actually insightful or made a bit of sense.

And I still can't forget how Granny Holtz proclaimed AD the most disappointing player of last season when he was in the midst of his injury. Good one Lou.:rolleyes:

OUstud
8/19/2006, 09:15 PM
Apparently they think :mack: was the reason for their title, not Radio. Couldn't be farther from correct. They'll finish 8-4 like we did last year.

Ash
8/19/2006, 09:23 PM
Apparently they think :mack: was the reason for their title, not Radio. Couldn't be farther from correct. They'll finish 8-4 like we did last year.

Absolutely, I can't believe how much people downplay the fact that he was the offense on that team and that he essentially dominated after telling Mack to f*** off. Before that, QBs in the Mack's program were best known for being humiliated at the Cotton Bowl and people questioned his coaching ability.

I look forward to a return to those good ole days.:D

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 09:46 PM
:texan: s are dumber than i thot then . didnt the clapper say he just QUIT coaching radio and let him play his game ?

josh09
8/20/2006, 02:57 PM
The sentiment you express here is the same expressed by fans at every major college in America.

very good point

1991SOONER
8/20/2006, 03:27 PM
Its all a scam. ESPN hypes up UT so everyone will bet on them.

Then they'll [espn] will go bet on tOSU and OU:D

Octavian
8/20/2006, 04:50 PM
There needs to be a college football channel entirely devoted to college football 24/7 - 365.

Flagstaffsooner
8/20/2006, 04:55 PM
There needs to be a college football channel entirely devoted to college football 24/7 - 365.They would just sit around and talk about notre damn.

I_Live_In_OK
8/20/2006, 05:26 PM
well, they could split the time periods for each segment.

the first 12 hours could be devoted to talking about college football. the second 12 hours could just be about the domers.

that way, the network and notre dame would be happy.

oKOIhoma fan
8/21/2006, 08:51 AM
I watched a special on my local NBC station this weekend that had the top BCS contenders for the upcoming year. Imagine my surprise when they were talking about OU and their top notched QB, the name we won't speak of. One would figure that one would do a little editing before airing that show.;)

snp
8/21/2006, 09:34 AM
Thread bitching about UT's projected success #438,981,210.

Fraggle145
8/21/2006, 09:55 AM

*Shudder* I hate his guts... He is always wrong about everything. And worst of all he is the only one with spare time so they use him as filler when none of the other guys wants to talk about college football.