PDA

View Full Version : I HATE insomnia!

LoyalFan
8/19/2006, 01:16 AM
Gotta shower, dress, don OU cap, load 12 rods, one *obese tackle bag, and small cooler into vehicle, and depart at 0330 for a 30 minute drive to meet bassin' partner for a day of annoying (and releasing) ol' Micropterus Salmoides on a nice lake.
All this is good.
Went to bed at 1930 hrs, after setting Mr. Coffee to detonate at 0135, and alarm at 0145. Figured on a minimum of 6 hours REM sleep.
Bad: Made mistake of drinking water afore retiring. Awoke at 2315 in order to offload superfluous fluids. Couldn't go back to sleep...DANG! Less than four hours sleep and will be on the water for a minimum of nine hours. Then, expected to share beer and BBQ with chums near lake.
Did I mention that temps will reach high 90s? 80% humidity? Being on the dark gray carpet of a bass boat deck in these conditions is reminiscent of a gob 'o spit on a hot griddle.
I'm gonna die.

LF

*Some say pets and their people resemble each other. Would that were true in my case, in that I am owned by two svelte cats. Sadly, some folks resemble their tackle bags.

setem
8/19/2006, 01:19 AM
When you have insomnia nothing seems real. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy...

I love fishin!

LoyalFan
8/19/2006, 01:27 AM
When you have insomnia nothing seems real. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy...

I love fishin!

Factoid! Right you are.
I'm sitting here, with that kinda empty and unfocused feeling, cursing my fate.
I'm genuinely concerned re the drive to the lake, through deer-infested terrain, and the return run this evening after ingesting nice greasy BBQ in wretched excess. I WON'T have any alcohol,though...dangit!
Waitress, more coffee...and NO, I'm NOT "gellin'" so don't spill!
Fishing is what keeps me goin', and Dove season starts soon!

LF

yermom
8/19/2006, 01:35 AM

I love fishin!

heh, can't think of insomnia without a little Fight Club

babies don't sleep this good.

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 02:32 AM
Just **** and go back to bed:cool: Shat quit crying :eek:

LoyalFan
8/20/2006, 06:24 AM
Just **** and go back to bed:cool: Shat quit crying :eek:

So, I made the trip, having to to stand on the brakes for only one fawn and his/her mom enroute. Spent 10 hrs in a bassboat, caught a few, released them all, and somehow remained cognizant of my surroundings the entire time. (Thanks, Coffee, GatorAde, and the rest.)
Post-angling I skipped the festivities, came home and went comatose.
I STILL hate insomnia! Not crying at all, just bitching (a recognized and time-honored Army privilege. Griping, on the other hand, will not be tolerated.)

LF
AlsoAnOleVetOnASlightRise

fadada1
8/20/2006, 06:29 AM
i took an over the counter sleeping pill for the first time EVAR 2 nights ago. made me sleep, but didn't keep me from waking up during the night (about 4 times).

crazy thing is, i'm fine all day and don't need a nap. i think i'm going to give up going to bed at a decent hour and sleep when my body tells me.

i also think there's "something in the air". seems to be a lot of it going around right now.

good luck and get some sleep.

olevetonahill
8/20/2006, 07:24 AM
So, I made the trip, having to to stand on the brakes for only one fawn and his/her mom enroute. Spent 10 hrs in a bassboat, caught a few, released them all, and somehow remained cognizant of my surroundings the entire time. (Thanks, Coffee, GatorAde, and the rest.)
Post-angling I skipped the festivities, came home and went comatose.
I STILL hate insomnia! Not crying at all, just bitching (a recognized and time-honored Army privilege. Griping, on the other hand, will not be tolerated.)

LF
AlsoAnOleVetOnASlightRise
Well hell you didnt say you was just GI ing :eek:
Sleep on soldier ! :cool:

Flagstaffsooner
8/20/2006, 07:52 AM
i also think there's "something in the air". seems to be a lot of it going around right nowOlevet farted.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/20/2006, 11:08 AM
I hardly ever sleep well the night before a fishing trip. There's so much you gotta do to get ready, usually. I go down to Mexico for grouper and snapper fishing quite a bit, and I'm so wired when I get down there, I seldom sleep well the first night.(BTW, we fillet and release)

yermom
8/20/2006, 11:19 AM
any kind of trip that starts that early i always end up going with 2-3 hours of sleep

yermom
8/20/2006, 11:20 AM
heh, i just caught, so to speak, "fillet and release"