PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Season

BoomerSooner123
8/18/2006, 11:01 PM
I am more excited about this season than the last few. Sooners perform better when the expectations are low and we have dropped in national expectation.

We have AD chisled and attitude ready with a bevy of other backs. There is lot of Patrick love but I like Gute. DeMarco looks awesome. That opens up passes to the flats, decoys, etc. AD in open field after a reception is something I cannot wait to see.

ENA has a chip on his sholder to prove he can be the QB. Has there ever been a previous QB get the Key award? We traded potential for athletic leadership. Not worried. I kind of look at him as a Radio with a team first attitude.

We have a 500 lb. ape at TE that will play and not start initially. That sets up a two TE set, etc. I would love to get back to the Ninja mentality. Fun to watch probably not to coach.

The special teams play appears good to great. Punting is no longer a problem. Sounds like an advantage.

If we have another Roy (RS?) and Lance (his oskie at A&M made him one of the greatest), the D could carry us. I don't think it will be required. The D will be awesome, but the O should hold its own.

Just some random thoughts from a member since 1999 that posts about once every few months. That should covert me till October. Boomer Sooner.

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 11:25 PM
go.....

the_ouskull
8/18/2006, 11:25 PM
Do you really think that "500 Pound Ape" is the best wording...? I mean, I know you don't post often and all, but dude...

I'm jus' sayin'... If I was Joe Jon, I wouldn't be pleased. :D

the_ouskull

FlatheadSooner
8/18/2006, 11:35 PM
I am more excited about this season than the last few. Sooners perform better when the expectations are low and we have dropped in national expectation.

We have AD chisled and attitude ready with a bevy of other backs. There is lot of Patrick love but I like Gute. DeMarco looks awesome. That opens up passes to the flats, decoys, etc. AD in open field after a reception is something I cannot wait to see.

ENA has a chip on his sholder to prove he can be the QB. Has there ever been a previous QB get the Key award? We traded potential for athletic leadership. Not worried. I kind of look at him as a Radio with a team first attitude.

We have a 500 lb. ape at TE that will play and not start initially. That sets up a two TE set, etc. I would love to get back to the Ninja mentality. Fun to watch probably not to coach.

The special teams play appears good to great. Punting is no longer a problem. Sounds like an advantage.

If we have another Roy (RS?) and Lance (his oskie at A&M made him one of the greatest), the D could carry us. I don't think it will be required. The D will be awesome, but the O should hold its own.

Just some random thoughts from a member since 1999 that posts about once every few months. That should covert me till October. Boomer Sooner.

Nutshell: We're way better off than last season and the rest of the country is NOT. This will be a championship run! I'm not taking off my crimson glasses until I have to and during preseason it's not required!!
:cool:

StoopTroup
8/18/2006, 11:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be a mess the first three games.

At 3-0...

I'll start to settle in...

goingoneight
8/19/2006, 12:14 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be a mess the first three games.

At 3-0...

I'll start to settle in...

Let's just make sure we don't settle in at 3-0 like Gumby did last year... ;)

Blues1
8/19/2006, 01:07 AM
I Believe THE Team --IS a Team.....!!!

Sounds Like things are Starting to Jell....

110% Behind PT NOW....!

Yep Still R"

BoomerSooner123
8/19/2006, 10:02 PM
Do you really think that "500 Pound Ape" is the best wording...? I mean, I know you don't post often and all, but dude...

I'm jus' sayin'... If I was Joe Jon, I wouldn't be pleased. :D

the_ouskull

Mr. Skull:

No offense to JJ, that is why I was saying 2 TE set. Joe Jon is great and has earned his props. We seem to have Keith Jackson + a few inches on 2d team. I trust in Stoops and getting talent on the field.

I just am excited about the season. Sunshiner I may be.

I enjoy the ouskull posts. Football but particularly basketball.