PDA

View Full Version : Saw "Snakes"

booomer
8/18/2006, 08:54 PM
"Snakes On A Plane" that is!

It was entertaining and we laughed a lot!

Go see it, you'll have fun.

Just make sure nobody touches you during the movie! :D

SoonerStud615
8/18/2006, 09:18 PM
It's true......It was amazing.

SoonerInKCMO
8/18/2006, 09:57 PM
It was 30-something me, my 30-something friend and about 100 high schoolers in the theater. Oh, and I think one of their teachers and his hot wife were there too.

About what I expected. Lots of snakes. Lots of stupid. Lots of funny. There's some nudity and some people getting bit in very sensitive areas. Y'all oughta check it out.

Oh - and we saw the trailer for the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. That looks to be the shiznit. For reals.

booomer
8/18/2006, 10:03 PM
We saw the trailer for TCM also and there was nothing in the trailer that reminded me of the original that I saw 20 + years ago. It reminded me more of "The Hills Have Eyes" or "Wolf Creek."

SoonerStud615
8/18/2006, 10:04 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75838

OUTromBoNado
8/19/2006, 12:47 AM
Just got back from seeing it with NormanPride and Badger.

One word = AWESOME!!!!!111111eleven

I'M TIRED OF ALL THESE MOTHER******' SNAKES!

Samuel L. Jackson rocks as always.

8/19/2006, 08:25 AM
I plan to never see this film.

Boarder
8/19/2006, 09:50 AM
I plan to never see this film.

Why do you hate movies with a cult following?

bri
8/20/2006, 08:20 PM
That MOTHERF*CKIN' MOVIE WAS MOTHERF*CKIN' AWESOME!!!!

After an hour, my face had been rocked completely off. By the end of it, parts of my facial structure were rocked away by the almost incomprehensible AWESOMENESS of it all. That movie ROCKED OFF THE FRONT OF MY SKULL!

I just hope it grows back in time for the awesomeness that will be...BEERFEST.

Viking Kitten
8/20/2006, 08:50 PM
Ah yes. It felt as though my face and various private parts were rocked/bitten off.

But did you see the trailer for Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny? (http://www.tenaciousdmovie.com/)

That movie won't stop with simply rocking a face off. I fully expect this movie to rock in such a way as to cause a breakout of spontaneous human combustion.

bri
8/20/2006, 08:56 PM
See, my reaction was the exact opposite. In fact, my reaction was to wonder, out loud, "Why can't Jack Black just die of a coke overdose and get it over with?"

The TCM prequel trailer made me wet myself with horrified glee. It's such a brilliant idea, I'm amazed it took them this long to think of doing it.

My only complaint about SOAP was that the theater was almost empty, which robbed me of a lot of what is making the experience of this movie so great. Still, empty room or not, there were MOTHERF*CKIN' SNAKES ON A GOT-DAMN MOTHERF*CKIN' PLANE!! Plus, I pointed and squealed with glee when I saw Samuel L. Jackson wearing one of Jeffrey Rowland's "Snakes On A Plane" t-shirts in the video at the end. :D

Czar Soonerov
8/20/2006, 08:56 PM
Not very safe for work, but funny. (http://www.planetboredom.net/story.php?id=768)

bri
8/20/2006, 08:59 PM
If I saw that, I'd have to wonder, "Is he promoting the movie, or signalling for help....because there are SNAKES ON HIS MOTHERF*CKIN' PLANE?!?!!" :D

royalfan5
8/20/2006, 09:02 PM
I think I'll wait till Badgers on a Hovercraft comes out.

badger
8/20/2006, 09:11 PM
new line cinema is letting fans come up with original shirts at cafepress.com.

If you want to see (or purchase) any of these weird shirts, goto the site and search for "snakes on a plane."

Viking Kitten
8/20/2006, 09:33 PM
See, my reaction was the exact opposite. In fact, my reaction was to wonder, out loud, "Why can't Jack Black just die of a coke overdose and get it over with?"

It's okay if you don't believe in Jack Black, Bri. He believes in you.

bri
8/20/2006, 09:35 PM
If by "you", you mean "a giant pile of cocaine and no discernable talent", then yes he does.

StoopTroup
8/20/2006, 09:39 PM
I saw a movie called "BOA" on the SciFi Channel today...

They had a huge snake on their plane.

http://movie.sanook.com/story_picture/b/11019_002.jpg

Heh...The BOA Trailer (http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/trailer.html?v_id=261980)

mrowl
8/20/2006, 09:52 PM
I think I'll wait till Badgers on a Hovercraft comes out.

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

royalfan5
8/20/2006, 10:04 PM
http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2135&p=.htm

turns out that people didn't turnout to match the hype.

booomer
8/20/2006, 10:10 PM
We saw the very first showing at the mall in Lawton on Friday afternoon and the place was pretty empty. I thought maybe it was the time, but perhaps people think they can't stomach this kind of movie.

It's a fun movie, I'm encouraging all movie goers (especially if you like comedy/horror flicks) to go see it!

bri
8/20/2006, 10:12 PM
$14 mil in three days for a cult flick? Exactly how is that "not matching the hype"?

royalfan5
8/20/2006, 10:14 PM
$14 mil in three days for a cult flick? Exactly how is that "not matching the hype"?
When the industry expected it to be more than a cult flick.

bri
8/20/2006, 10:18 PM
Well, the industry is a bunch of f*cking morons. This is a movie called SNAKES ON A PLANE. They made almost half their money back in three days. I call that a "win".

royalfan5
8/20/2006, 10:20 PM
Well, the industry is a bunch of f*cking morons. This is a movie called SNAKES ON A PLANE. They made almost half their money back in three days. I call that a "win".
but a loss for the power of internet hype.

bri
8/20/2006, 10:22 PM
No, The Blair Witch Project was a loss for the power or internet hype.

People need to get past the notion that lots of coverage = huge mainstream hit. Sometimes, lots of coverage just means the same fervent niche can't stop talking about it. They'll get their cash, and then some. For New Line to expect blockbuster numbers for SNAKES ON A F*CKIN' PLANE is laughable, but then again, this is a studio that was founded on schlock and horror. They're not what you'd call "savvy".

royalfan5
8/20/2006, 10:24 PM

People need to get past the notion that lots of coverage = huge mainstream hit. Sometimes, lots of coverage just means the same fervent niche can't stop talking about it. They'll get their cash, and then some. For New Line to expect blockbuster numbers for SNAKES ON A F*CKIN' PLANE is laughable, but then again, this is a studio that was founded on schlock and horror. They're not what you'd call "savvy".
true, but I felt like stirring the pot a little bit.

bri
8/20/2006, 10:28 PM
Around HERE? NO! :P

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that next week's gross for Snakes On A Plane will either stay where they are or possibly even go up. I don't think there'll be a dropoff. I think a lot of people stayed away because of the supposition that there was no way the actual movie could match up to the cultural phenomenon that preceeded it, but once word of mouth spreads that it IS that entertaining, they'll go see it. Plus, A LOT of people are gonna go see it again and take their reticent friends along.

Of course, that could hurt Beerfest, but then I'm prepared for Broken Lizard to never be successful at the box office. People like to watch their movies at home with their friends, drunk and/or stoned. :D

proud gonzo
8/20/2006, 10:30 PM

if they really wanted to make a lot of money on it, when they realized all the internet hype because of the title alone, they should have dropped all advertising except for posters or something subtle and saved a TON of money.

royalfan5
8/20/2006, 10:31 PM
Around HERE? NO! :P

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that next week's gross for Snakes On A Plane will either stay where they are or possibly even go up. I don't think there'll be a dropoff. I think a lot of people stayed away because of the supposition that there was no way the actual movie could match up to the cultural phenomenon that preceeded it, but once word of mouth spreads that it IS that entertaining, they'll go see it. Plus, A LOT of people are gonna go see it again and take their reticent friends along.

Of course, that could hurt Beerfest, but then I'm prepared for Broken Lizard to never be successful at the box office. People like to watch their movies at home with their friends, drunk and/or stoned. :D
Broken Lizard will get my 6 bucks

proud gonzo
8/20/2006, 11:05 PM
yeah, beerfest doesn't look that funny to me. but i'm not a guy.

bri
8/20/2006, 11:06 PM
Broken Lizard will get my six bucks and the six bucks of everyone I can drag to the theater with me this Friday. :D

And gonzo, I don't think spending too much money is gonna be a problem for New Line. They kept the TV campaign limted to "target" demographics, which basically means I saw a LOT of SOAP trailers during commercial breaks for rasslin'. ;) Again, they only spent around $30 million on this movie, so breaking even isn't gonna be a problem. They'll have their money back easily in a month, and then the REAL gravy train hits when the DVD comes out.

sanantoniosooner
8/20/2006, 11:08 PM
all your snakes (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ihAoSwQqo44)

badger
8/20/2006, 11:20 PM
http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/
so...sick...of...that CLIP!!:mad:

ah, it's on the internet, it must be good :pop:

bri
8/20/2006, 11:23 PM
Heh...no one said you had to click on it anymore. :P

SoonerInKCMO
8/21/2006, 09:46 AM
But did you see the trailer for Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny? (http://www.tenaciousdmovie.com/)

That movie won't stop with simply rocking a face off. I fully expect this movie to rock in such a way as to cause a breakout of spontaneous human combustion.

So YOU'RE the person that's keeping Jack Black's career alive. Why do you hate the rest of humanity?

Viking Kitten
8/21/2006, 10:24 AM
If you don't have love in your soul for the JB and the KG, I'm not sure you are human.

SoonerInKCMO
8/21/2006, 10:25 AM
If you don't have love in your soul for the JB and the KG, I'm not sure you are human.

Kevin Garnett? :confused:

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/21/2006, 11:37 AM
The D freakin' rocks.

So hard.

Viking Kitten
8/21/2006, 11:46 AM
'Bout time I had some backup, girlie.

mrowl
8/21/2006, 11:54 AM
badgers on a plane?

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/trailer/

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/21/2006, 12:01 PM
YOU LIKE CLOGGING?

GDC
8/21/2006, 12:58 PM
The D freakin' rocks.

So hard.

I'm going with the ladies on this one.

Also, there are two inborn human fears, snakes and falling, and since this movie incorporated at least the possibility of both, you have to be a pretty hardcore scare-seeker to want to see it.

Viking Kitten
8/21/2006, 01:23 PM
I'm going with the ladies on this one.

Also, there are two inborn human fears, snakes and falling, and since this movie incorporated at least the possibility of both, you have to be a pretty hardcore scare-seeker to want to see it.

This movie incorporated many phobias and that was part of the whole package of awesomeness.

Snakes, falling, flying, enclosed spaces, getting bitten on the **** whilst using the restroom, just to name a few.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/21/2006, 01:24 PM
This movie incorporated many phobias and that was part of the whole package of awesomeness.

Snakes, falling, flying, enclosed spaces, getting bitten on the **** whilst using the restroom, just to name a few.

This is why I have Port-O-Potty Phobia.

:mack:

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/21/2006, 01:25 PM
Oh, and also...

'...Kyle took a bullet for meee...now I gotta rock for threeee...KG & me...don't forget about Tenacious D...uh...'

Viking Kitten
8/21/2006, 01:27 PM
This is why I have Port-O-Potty Phobia.

:mack:

That and the disgusting stench.

NormanPride
8/21/2006, 01:52 PM

Don't talk about BSG like that! :mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/21/2006, 01:59 PM
It's okay.

I'm famous.

bri
8/21/2006, 02:05 PM

http://archive.swclub.ru/shpora/species/pic/wookiee.jpg?

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/21/2006, 02:08 PM
The spek limit makes me very angry sometimes.

bri
8/21/2006, 02:12 PM
That's alright. The stench makes me angry sometimes.