PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Tillman is a...

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 05:06 PM
...good ambassador for OU...don't you think ???

David Earl
8/18/2006, 05:09 PM
Yup!

soonermax
8/18/2006, 05:14 PM
Wish we could get a new play by play guy and have Spencer as our color analyst. He does a great job on the Houston Texans pre season games

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 05:45 PM
and he peaked in his college career at OU at a great time...the OT win against Texas...

SoonerJLB
8/18/2006, 06:35 PM
I'm down with that. He was at OU almost the same years I was. A guy in my Fraternity was Spencer's QB at Edison HS so Spencer would come by the house from time to time (parties) along with some other players. Cool dude.

Newbomb Turk
8/18/2006, 08:30 PM
and he peaked in his college career at OU at a great time...the OT win against Texas...

James Allen perhaps?

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 08:33 PM
James Allen perhaps?

I stand corrected James Allen's greatest game....as bizzare as it was it was awesome at the time...

Newbomb Turk
8/18/2006, 08:34 PM
I stand corrected James Allen's greatest game....as bizzare as it was it was awesome at the time...

unfortuantely, it was one of the few awesome games of the Blake era.

Sooner_Bob
8/18/2006, 08:35 PM

I think you might mean the 5 yard dive against Nebraska . . .

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 08:37 PM
That was awesome too, I saw that live...

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 08:43 PM
James Allen never really lived up to his recruiting hype then let it all out at Texas...

The Ensuing Kickoff
8/18/2006, 08:44 PM
Ran interference on the KJ end-around against Nebraska. That alone gets him free lunch at my cafe.

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 08:45 PM
Spencer had a good career...

Newbomb Turk
8/18/2006, 08:46 PM
James Allen never really lived up to his recruiting hype then let it all out at Texas...

pretty tough to live up to the hype. If I remember right, he was one of the top ranked backs in the country, if not #1. He was a solid though.

Sooner_Bob
8/18/2006, 08:47 PM
That was awesome too, I saw that live...

Same here . . . I really wish we had some of that rain right now. :D

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 08:48 PM
pretty tough to live up to the hype. If I remember right, he was one of the top ranked backs in the country, if not #1. He was a solid though.

His hype was close to the second coming...but he also had an average career at OU, sans Texas game...

Soonerus
8/18/2006, 08:49 PM
Same here . . . I really wish we had some of that rain right now. :D

Exactly, we could use it now, I thought we were going to win that game...

FlatheadSooner
8/18/2006, 09:01 PM
Exactly, we could use it now, I thought we were going to win that game...

Was that the game where he leaped about 7 feet high and into endzone? I was at the NU game (this one I believe) with heavy rain. My brother from Montana State came down for the game and it rained so hard that adjacent fans umbrellas were creating a torrential waterfall into our seats. And there was a bit of a wind nip that night. Didn't matter........what a great game!

Sooner_Bob
8/18/2006, 09:02 PM
That was the game.

JohnnyMack
8/18/2006, 09:53 PM
I'm down with that. He was at OU almost the same years I was. A guy in my Fraternity was Spencer's QB at Edison HS so Spencer would come by the house from time to time (parties) along with some other players. Cool dude.

My brother was a guard on the o-line at Edison at that time.

westcoast_sooner
8/18/2006, 10:04 PM
I was living in Houston when he was with the Oilers, and did Sports on one of the local stations there at 10. I always thought Spencer was great.

Miko
8/18/2006, 11:38 PM
I was living in Houston when he was with the Oilers, and did Sports on one of the local stations there at 10. I always thought Spencer was great.

Ditto that.

I managed to call in when he was on a local sports radio show here in H-town. I think I embarrassed him when I told him, truthfully, that he was among my (many) favorite Sooners and that during his playing days I always hoped that when the media went into the lockerroom for interviews that they would stop at his locker, rather than at one of his teammates'. He always seemed more articulate than his teammates and represented The University better.

His only response was, "Thanks, and Boomer Sooner."

Way cool dude, on my list.:cool:

soonerjoker
8/19/2006, 10:18 AM
he was very articulate; even as a freshman. he made wise decision to attend edison; instead of hanging with his "homies".

wish he would leave houston & become broadcaster in dallas.

Widescreen
8/19/2006, 11:25 AM
Tillman was great, but he's no Nate Hybl.

;)

Soonerus
8/19/2006, 11:42 AM
Tillman was great, but he's no Nate Hybl.

;)

Is that Nate in your avatar ???