PDA

View Full Version : Rule question/NCAA 07 glitch....

SoonerStud615
8/18/2006, 04:43 PM
Okay, so last night i was playing NCAA 07 with my friend and we had 2 of the most amazing games i've ever played. But, both ended very ironically.

In the first one he intercepted my pass in the endzone in overtime, but, he ran it out and i stripped him and recovered the fumble. The game showed that it was my ball 1st and goal on the 5. But...the game ended as my loss.

The second I intercepted him in the 2nd OT but there was a defensive pass interference call on the play. So, he accepted and should have gained possession on the 7 yard line. But...the game ended.

Maybe I'm just clueless about NCAA OT rules, but, shouldn't the game have kept going?

soonerreign
8/18/2006, 04:55 PM
I believe the game was right on the first occasion and wrong on the second.

colleyvillesooner
8/18/2006, 05:02 PM
Okay, so last night i was playing NCAA 07 with my friend ad we had 2 of the most amazing games i've ever played. But, both ended very ironically.

In the first one he intercepted my pass in the endzone in overtime, but, he ran it out and i stripped him and recovered the fumble. The game showed that it was my ball 1st and goal on the 5. But...the game ended as my loss.

You're friend is a moran for not pushing the dive button. :D

The second I intercepted him in the 2nd OT but there was a defensive pass interference call on the play. So, he accepted and should have gained possession on the 7 yard line. But...the game ended.

Maybe I'm just clueless about NCAA OT rules, but, shouldn't the game have kept going?

Game should have kept going.

pgagolfpro77
8/18/2006, 05:03 PM
Okay, so last night i was playing NCAA 07 with my friend ad we had 2 of the most amazing games i've ever played. But, both ended very ironically.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/2006_football_rules.pdf

Rule 3 Article 3

:)

SoonerStud615
8/18/2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/2006_football_rules.pdf

Rule 3 Article 3

:)

Can anyone quote this for me...my computer freaks out when trying to open that large of a pdf.

TMcGee86
8/18/2006, 05:53 PM
ARTICLE 3. A period shall be extended until a down (other than a try),
free from live-ball fouls not penalized as dead-ball fouls, has been played
when:
a. A penalty is accepted for a live-ball foul(s) not penalized as a dead-ball
foul that occurs during a down in which time expires (Exception: Rule
10-2-2-g-1) (A.R. 3-2-3-I-VIII).
b. Offsetting fouls occur during a down in which time expires.
c. An inadvertent whistle is sounded or an official signals the ball dead
during a down in which time expires.

TMcGee86
8/18/2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not all that sure that helps.

I'm a lawyer and I'm having trouble reading that.

SoonerStud615
8/18/2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah, it's a little fuzzy to me too.

NormanPride
8/19/2006, 11:03 AM

Welcome to the NCAA.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/19/2006, 11:50 AM
Another glitch.. I was playing someone and towards the end of the game, I was trying to run the clock out and accidently got a delay of game penalty. Well, the clock didn't stop and I was able to run the clock out without taking a snap....

Rogue
8/19/2006, 12:24 PM

Try reading "Rule 6 - Kicks". So many strange things happen there, both on the field and in the rulebook that it can make your eyes cross.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2006, 02:14 PM
Okay, so last night i was playing NCAA 07 with my friend and we had 2 of the most amazing games i've ever played. But, both ended very ironically.

Answers:

In the first situation, your possession ended on the first change of possession. Had you scored on the subsequent recovered fumble, the game would have continued. However, you cannot start another drive until Team B starts a drive from your 35.

Examples:

Team A throws an interception at the one yard line. Team B player, without momentum, retreats to the endzone and is tackled. Team A scores 2 points on the possession and Team B either takes possession at the Team A 35 or the game ends a Team B victory (depending on score at the time). Under normal play conditions, Team A would be awarded two points and Team B would be required to perform a free kick.

Team A throws an interception at the four yard line. Team B immediately downs the ball. Team A's drive has ended without a score and Team B takes over on Team A's 35 or is awarded a victory depending on score.

Make sense?

In the second case, that looks like a case of the programmer messing up and ending your drive even though the PI should have extended the drive, since PI is necessarily prepossession.