PDA

View Full Version : Offense vs. Defense

pgagolfpro77
8/18/2006, 04:19 PM
I think we may be pleasantly surprised once the Sooners take the field this year. After watching last seasons highlights, wherein we had a decent D and a not-that-great O in many respects, I saw that it was our D that was making the plays that were keeping us in so many games.

This year we have a MUCH improved D (in the top 3 in the country, conservatively), and a MUCH improved O, with the exception of the QB. Now, the O-Line is not incredible, but they are improved over last year for sure.

If we are lacking in only two positions, and there is no real proof that we are severely hurting in those areas (we will know after the Oregon game if we are, but there is no proof as of yet), then why are we so gloomy??

I think we will DEFINATELY do better than last year, and have a real chance of getting a BCS berth.

DEFENSE is what wins games, and turnovers created by the D will keep our O on the field twice as long, giving experience at a faster pace.

We will be good this year, IMHO, and I think we will be able to revel in the fact that we will prove the rest of the country, especially retarded sportswriters, all WRONG.

GOOD LUCK SOONERS, AND BOOMER BABY!!!!!