PDA

View Full Version : can a can of aerosol

OUHOMER
8/18/2006, 04:06 PM
expolde if left in your car with the temps excede 100 degress?

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/18/2006, 04:08 PM
ask the mythbusters

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/18/2006, 04:15 PM
Tanning lotion does.

And whoo-boy does it go everywhere.

But I do get the sensation of being in the tropics every time I get in my car so that's not so bad...

MiccoMacey
8/18/2006, 04:17 PM
Too many variables...how full is the can, how hot exactly is it in your car, is it in the sun or under the seat, etc.

I wouldn't think an aerosol can could bleve like that, but I've seen crazier things.

olevetonahill
8/18/2006, 05:25 PM
Can it happen ? Hell yes
will it happen , not likely , But why take a chance

leavingthezoo
8/18/2006, 06:24 PM
how 'bout you sit in the car with it for awhile and get back to us. :D

BajaOklahoma
8/18/2006, 06:26 PM
Ask Ike.

LoyalFan
8/19/2006, 01:35 AM
Some aerosol containers, some shaving creams I've used, have a safety valve on the bottom of the can that blows out when temps/pressure reach a certain level. This is good, though messy.

LF

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 02:45 AM
Some aerosol containers, some shaving creams I've used, have a safety valve on the bottom of the can that blows out when temps/pressure reach a certain level. This is good, though messy.

LF
K you wanta take that chance ?::eek:

OUinFLA
8/19/2006, 06:49 AM
why take a chance?
leave your car running with the a/c on.
a few hundred dollars in gas is a small price to pay to keep from exploding.

edit: a few thousand dollars in gas is a small price to pay to keep from exploding.

OUHOMER
8/19/2006, 06:58 AM
why take a chance?
leave your car running with the a/c on.
a few hundred dollars in gas is a small price to pay to keep from exploding.

edit: a few thousand dollars in gas is a small price to pay to keep from exploding.

I think your right. An exploding can of aerosol might screw up the ozone. We must protect the environment, plus the inside of our cars.

whatsername
8/19/2006, 07:14 AM
I know for a fact that if you leave a couple bottles of beer in your hot car, the caps will pop off and your car will smell like beer for weeks.

8/19/2006, 08:28 AM
I once had a new can of WD40 burst in the bed of my pickup. So I'd say yes, assuming the can is nearly full.

Harry Beanbag
8/19/2006, 08:57 AM
I have several cans of lubrication type stuff in my company van....in Phoenix. No problems yet, of course I don't leave them laying up on the dashboard either though.

OUinFLA
8/19/2006, 11:57 AM
I have several cans of lubrication type stuff in my company van....in Phoenix. No problems yet, of course I don't leave them laying up on the dashboard either though.

K-Y comes in an aerosol?
I didnt know that.

proudsoonergal
8/19/2006, 12:46 PM

Do you keep the van down by the river?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/19/2006, 01:38 PM
YES!!

A pickup used in the refinery had a can of lubricant/degreaser on the seat over the weekend (Houston hot summer). On Monday, the driver went to the truck, the windshield was busted up and the truck seat was in tatters and the dash messed up. The can was inside out...So yes, it can explode. They sent out a safety flash and a high value learning memo, so this is real...

OUinFLA
8/19/2006, 07:17 PM
well, you ruined a perfectly good thread by bringing factual information into the discussion.