PDA

View Full Version : NCG and Initial BCS Ranking

pgagolfpro77
8/18/2006, 03:38 PM
If we come out in the inital BCS rankings as, say #15 or worse, and finish the season with only one loss (and a win in the Big 12 CCG), do we get rooked by the BCS system and get denied a spot in the BCS CCG?

I have a feeling people will still be throwing our previous not-so-hot BCS Championships in our face and deny us.

Also, I know its early, and this is pure specualtion, but what isnt at this point, and what else do we have to talk about?

Speculation is fun!

:D

Landthief 1972
8/18/2006, 04:06 PM
The Big XII will have at least 6 great-to-good teams (OU, Texass, Texass A&M, Texass Tech, Nebbish, Iowa State). Baylor will be Baylor or a bit better, as will Kansas and the Pokes & Mildcats will continue mediocrity (at least this year). OU plays 4 of those 6 "marquee" teams. If they play out as predicted, you'd have to be an inbred Poke fan to think OU wouldn't deserve a BCS berth in your scenario.

SoonerBeau
8/18/2006, 04:20 PM
In recent years, there has usually been at least one and often two or more major conference undefeated teams. The one year when there was no major conference undefeated team, there were three major conference one loss teams. I would be surprised if there were not at least three major conference teams with one or fewer losses this year. While it may be possible for OU to lose one game in the regular season and still make it to the BCS championship game, its probably more likely that a one loss OU team would get left out.

GottaHavePride
8/18/2006, 09:49 PM
If we start in the initial BCS rankings (week 8) as #15, then we've already lost a game or two somewhere along the way and don't need to be worrying about the championship game anyway. If we win them all up to that point we'll probably start off in the top 5 of the BCS rankings, considering we will already have beaten Oregon and Texas.