PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 2007 advice

I_SMELL_FEAR
8/18/2006, 02:50 PM
Okay all you NCAA 2007 ******-*******s, I have some concerns.

First off Im playing XBOX 360 version in HD( ;) OU4LIFE) and Im having hell with recruiting.

First off lets look at the ongoing season recruiting...going into the last 3 games of the season I had 5 guys that were really interested, I lost 3 after the second to last game of the season, so I had 2 guys left, full interest and I had 50 points each devoted to them, beat the no.3 team in the country to win the conference title, and they both bolted too. WHAT THE HECK, not a single one stayed on to sign after going 12-1, winning title and playing in Orange Bowl.

Now for the end of season recruiting. Again, going in to the last 2 weeks of recruiting, I have several guys, full interest, sending the house on recruiting (max points) and I am hitting their postive feedback and I dont sign a single one. I end up with 4 star and a bunch of 3 star recruits after having several 4 and 5 star recruits VERY interested.

Is there any sage advice or tactics that work for you?
I used to never have this trouble with the PS2 versions, I was always top 5 class. this sucks.

Should I try to get them jobs at the local car dealership?

dolemitesooner
8/18/2006, 04:01 PM
Well I am proably the noer ******* of all noer *******s...so here we go.

Problems

#1. You are playing on x-box
#2. Your playing on an x-box
#3. You are for some reason playing on x-box

SoonerStud615
8/18/2006, 04:47 PM
Change your recruiting angle. There is some place to change the type of pitch you deliver to the recruits. Such as: location, prestige, coaching type, playing time, etc.... You usually have to mess with those until you offer what the player wants to hear.

n8v_ndn
8/18/2006, 04:54 PM
Okay all you NCAA 2007 ******-*******s, I have some concerns.

First off Im playing XBOX 360 version in HD( ;) OU4LIFE) and Im having hell with recruiting.

First off lets look at the ongoing season recruiting...going into the last 3 games of the season I had 5 guys that were really interested, I lost 3 after the second to last game of the season, so I had 2 guys left, full interest and I had 50 points each devoted to them, beat the no.3 team in the country to win the conference title, and they both bolted too. WHAT THE HECK, not a single one stayed on to sign after going 12-1, winning title and playing in Orange Bowl.

Now for the end of season recruiting. Again, going in to the last 2 weeks of recruiting, I have several guys, full interest, sending the house on recruiting (max points) and I am hitting their postive feedback and I dont sign a single one. I end up with 4 star and a bunch of 3 star recruits after having several 4 and 5 star recruits VERY interested.

Is there any sage advice or tactics that work for you?
I used to never have this trouble with the PS2 versions, I was always top 5 class. this sucks.

Should I try to get them jobs at the local car dealership?

I said PS2 MOTHERCHUCKER, 2!!!!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/d1acoaches/Mack_Brown.jpg

GottaHavePride
8/18/2006, 06:03 PM
Heh. Bunch of X-Box haters in here that can't stand the fact that right now Microsoft is pwning Sony technologically. And when the PS3 finally manages to come out they'll still get pwned on the pricetag. ;)

SoonerAtKU
8/19/2006, 02:50 PM
For reals. Who can still argue that people should be playing on the PS2 instead of either the 360 or the vanilla Xbox? I can understand if you say you're waiting for the PS3, but to prefer the PS2? Inconceivable.

Also, the trick to recruiting is to hammer them early in the season. During in season recruiting, you have to pick 12 players, but you don't HAVE to assign points to them all. If someone drops you to the bottom of their list, you aren't recovering, so take their points and put them to someone else.

Same goes with off-season. If you have a guy dropping you on his list, give him one week, then move on. It sucks to waste points, but it sucks more to dump a bunch into someone and then have them drop you in week 4.

On a related note, it's much tougher this year to get high numbers of 5* recruits, as they dropped the number of players that get that ranking every year. On 06, you could get about 8-12 5* guys every year once your program was rolling, but now 4-5 of those is a really big deal. Don't worry if you're landing a lot of 4s and some 3s, those are much better players than they were in years past.

the_ouskull
8/19/2006, 09:21 PM
Considering how much you can develop players during the season, and now even during the Spring, I don't think that getting a few 4* players is a bad thing. I ususally go after speed, regardless of how many stars are attached to it.

the_ouskull