PDA

View Full Version : Any Sooner fan in Texas...

OUster
8/18/2006, 12:12 PM
catch the interview with Mack Brown on pretty much any news station last night. The coverage of UT in San Antonio makes me want to vomit everytime I see ol' Brownteeth. But, what can I expect. It is the same type coverage OU gets in OKC. However, Brown was quoted as saying they expect to play for the national championship again this year. His quote wasn't speculaiton or the sunshine pumping big time coaches usually engage in before the season. When he said it, it appeared to be more of a foregone conclusion. His reason is that they now know what it takes to get to that point. Maybe this isn't that big a deal, but I can't stand seeing the man. I will always stand fast to my belief last year's title team won the NC in spite of Brown and not because of him, and I will bet the house on OU against them this year. Maybe I am just full of **** and vinegar when it comes to UT, but I figure this is the place to vent. :mad:

4everasooner
8/18/2006, 12:56 PM
vent baby vent.

Desert Sapper
8/18/2006, 01:07 PM
We'll see how far playing two QBs this year gets him toward that goal.

Pricetag
8/18/2006, 01:11 PM
When he said it, it appeared to be more of a foregone conclusion. His reason is that they now know what it takes to get to that point.
Unfortunately, he's in Nashville now.

ashley
8/18/2006, 02:12 PM
I live in Houston so you can imagine what I have to put up with. I will say that Mack is OK, it is the fans and exes. A good friend of Switzer's can't be all bad.

Widescreen
8/18/2006, 02:18 PM
What do you expect him to say? I'm glad he's talking that way so when they get humbled again, the fans will come unglued again. That's always hilarious.

I know he doesn't believe that crap anyway because there are several recent teams that have been there and won the MNC but getting back there isn't just a matter of 'doing it all over again'.

MITSooner
8/18/2006, 03:01 PM
Remember how Mack demolished us with his two QB systems in the past?

oh wait...

47straight
8/18/2006, 03:13 PM
I hate to say it, but what you're experiencing is probably just b/c of overall disdain for the man. Coach Stoops says very similar stuff. It's not an expectation as in - we deserve it; but expectation as in - that is our standard and our goal. It's a lot weaker coming from Mack, but I wouldn't hold it against him.

westcoast_sooner
8/18/2006, 03:36 PM
Seems I read where the QB situation in Austin has not yet been settled - could we see the return of the two QB system they had a few years ago? THAT worked out real well for him.

GottaHavePride
8/19/2006, 12:40 AM
Wait, what happens when Mack plays a two-QB system? I missed that part.

fossil
8/19/2006, 09:32 AM
I didn't catch that interview (I live in San Antonio) but would most likely have found a reason to puke. I just don't like Mac Brown, haven't been able to stand him since he sold out to Chrissy over Major Appelwhite. What a genuine screw job that was.

I have to live in the middle of Horn fans. I am in a singing group with one who is fortunately not very vocal about the horns, although he does find an excuse to wear his Longhorns 'Three is Sweet' shirt from time to time. Last time he did, I mentioned three would be a 'good start' for the Sooners. When I told him OU had 7 legitimate NC's, he couldn't believe it. Three may be sweet, but Seven is Heaven.

I'm not understanding why the media think Texas is gonna be so great. The have less experience at quartetback than the Sooners, their defense is not as good as OU's (at least not any better). The only place they hold the advantage is in the OL, and we'll see if they're really better there when the season starts.

I think Texas is in for a rude awakening this year. They ain't gonna compete for the NC.

Flagstaffsooner
8/19/2006, 09:50 AM
I'm not understanding why the media think Texas is gonna be so great. It's texass, self centered bull**** capital of the world.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/19/2006, 12:09 PM
yeah, it sucks down here.

proudsoonergal
8/19/2006, 12:31 PM
Based on today's UT scrimmage, it looks like Colt McCoy is going to be the starter, although last night Mack did an interview and said he didn't know yet. We'll see.

Oh, and their motto this year: "Just do what you can do." What crap is that?

jrsooner
8/19/2006, 02:43 PM
Oh, and their motto this year: "Just do what you can do." What crap is that?isn't that how they won last year? I remember interviews that he stated once he stopped coaching VY, then they started winning. Must be his new philosophy...quit coaching...win a championship. :)

Desert Sapper
8/19/2006, 07:45 PM
Coach Stoops says very similar stuff.

Similar, but not the same. Stoops talks about Conference Championships. He never talks National Championship potential until we are there. I just wish his players had listened to him before the CCG in 2003. Garawntee they were all thinking about the Sugar Bowl when little Darren Sproles lined up for K-State. Anybody guess what Kitty S*** U was thinking about?

1991SOONER
8/20/2006, 03:35 PM
No, its true. UT fans down here are VERY delusional into thinking Texas will run the table again. I can't see how ANYONE with any objectivness can honestly say they would have beat tOSU, Michigan, and USC without the *Wonderlic Wizard*

badger
8/20/2006, 11:17 PM
vent baby vent.
vent, rant, curse, it's all good... especially if you're a ****** *******.

jwlynn64
8/21/2006, 01:42 AM
Coach Stoops says very similar stuff.

Coach Stoops talks about goals. Their first goal is to win the Big 12 South, then the Big 12 and then the National Championship. He never talks about winning the NC first. He takes them one step at a time.

Just one more reason that Stoops > Brown.

TexasBoomer
8/21/2006, 12:09 PM
The San Antonio media don't have a clue about anything but the Spurs, and their knowledge of them is marginal. Somehow, columnist David Flores of the Express News, who usually covers high school volleyball, was let loose to write a column on college football the day after Bomar was kicked off. He predicted that with Bomar gone, Texas would beat OU by at least three touchdowns and OU would struggle to finish .500 this season.

That sums up what members of the San Antonio media know about college football in a nutshell.

Right, and all my UT buddies laughed as well. They have been at my house for the OU-UT game for the last 6 years, and still talk about the Roy hit on Chris. All they say about this years game - it should be close - they think.