PDA

View Full Version : you go big guy!!!!!

jk the sooner fan
8/18/2006, 10:14 AM
there's a guy here at work, that could/would eat everything in sight....fella was super big.....and we all worried about his health because he just generally looked like hell and death put together

one day at lunch, i saw him eat 2 chicken fried steak meals from KFC and then eat 3 of those stackers sanwiches

anyhoo....not too long ago he gets a scare from his doctor, looking at diabetes and a host of other problems

he got rid of all the alcohol and cut his diet back to x amount of calories per day

he's dropped about 30 pounds in 3 months and while still a big guy, is looking much better - and he's a good guy

so here's to you MJD - rock on with your bad self

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/18/2006, 10:24 AM
A lady here just got that lap banding thingie done.

Before she did it she was eating about as much as your friend about 3 times a day. It was crazy. I was talking to her one day and she said 'I've tried everything' and I was like, 'nuh-uh...'. Different strokes, I guess...

So good for you, not-as-big man!

Beef
8/18/2006, 10:37 AM
Dropping 30 rocks.

Sooner_Bob
8/18/2006, 11:05 AM
I'll bet his BMI was high . . .

There are days that stills bugs the fire outta me. Some nurse back at our HQ callin' me fat.

MiccoMacey
8/18/2006, 11:09 AM
he got rid of all the alcohol and cut his diet back to x amount of calories per day...

Quitter. ;)

OU4LIFE
8/18/2006, 11:13 AM
that's about HALF what 12 has dropped...slacker.

8/18/2006, 11:29 AM
Gee, thanks. Yeah, I was a tub of sh!t.

Good for your friend. If he keeps going, every facet of his life will change for the better.

OU4LIFE
8/18/2006, 11:56 AM
except for that having to buy a whole new wardrobe thing.....

8/18/2006, 11:57 AM
Nah, I just started wearing my old crap again.

Widescreen
8/18/2006, 12:17 PM
Tell him to keep it up. And do him a favor and mention it from time-to-time (you'll have to be careful how you word it so it doesn't sound ghey). Believe me, that kind of encouragement goes a long way to keeping someone's motivation up.

jk the sooner fan
8/18/2006, 12:20 PM
Tell him to keep it up. And do him a favor and mention it from time-to-time (you'll have to be careful how you word it so it doesn't sound ghey). Believe me, that kind of encouragement goes a long way to keeping someone's motivation up.

yeah i have made comments and i've suggested others do the same....he's the kind of guy thats a bit of a loaner, he's 42, never been married, lives alone.....but a really nice guy - has his quirks but dont we all

i'm glad he's taking care of himself

8/18/2006, 12:28 PM
You just described most every serial killer captured.

Not that your friend is like that, mind you.

Widescreen
8/18/2006, 12:44 PM
True. Serial killing could be considered a 'quirk'.

jk the sooner fan
8/18/2006, 01:14 PM
well......when i said "quirks" i meant "really odd behavior for a man his age"

i was trying to be nice

OU4LIFE
8/18/2006, 01:19 PM
I bet he doesn't have a hole-in-one.

loser.

sanantoniosooner
8/18/2006, 01:25 PM
I'm starting to think this "hole in one" thing is made up as a cry for attention.

setem
8/18/2006, 01:28 PM
I need to lose some weight!

I play mexican league baseball. The fans out there are crazy! It is not just me who they make fun of. If they do not like you or your team they say some pretty damn mean stuff.

They like to call me Tusso! I think it means slow in spanish but I have been told that It is because there is a hispanic guy on another team who looks like I do. They asked me if I was hungry the other day.

I dont let it get to me though. I am on a 8 game hitting streak!

Did somebody say steak?

8/18/2006, 01:31 PM
Now THERE's something not many of us can say we've ever done.

Beef
8/18/2006, 01:33 PM
Excellent advice. I've lost 30 pounds since April and the compliments and encouragement have helped tremendously. One of my friend's wife's said I looked hot. And I was inside and wasn't sweating. That rocked.

OUDoc
8/18/2006, 01:34 PM
I'm starting to think this "hole in one" thing is made up as a cry for attention.
Just wait until his "Branson" thread comes out. It gets worse. ;)

OU4LIFE
8/18/2006, 01:47 PM
Now THERE's something not many of us can say we've ever done.

pfffft. I eat steak all the time.

Never been to Branson though.

Widescreen
8/18/2006, 02:23 PM
Excellent advice. I've lost 30 pounds since April and the compliments and encouragement have helped tremendously. One of my friend's wife's said I looked hot. And I was inside and wasn't sweating. That rocked.
How many wives does your friend have? ;)

You're going to have to change your board name, you know...