PDA

View Full Version : Trammel's article on Bomar

soonermax
8/18/2006, 09:04 AM
Will someone please explain to me what is going on in Trammel's head to write such a ridiculous article about give Bomar a second chance? I mean to compare him to Dusty's situation is absurd. Dusty had an anger management problem and sought help. Bomar has an arrogance problem that will never go away. I think Stoops did the right thing and got rid of bomar and I guarrentee that he will not look back.

What are your thoughts?

soonersam
8/18/2006, 09:24 AM
Dirty Ones!!!!

The Consumate Showman
8/18/2006, 09:27 AM
Bomar is gone.

Now, Trammel, shut the hell up and quit talking about him!

MarylandSooner
8/18/2006, 09:29 AM
The idiot is gone, now lets get the show on the road.

Sooner Sig Ep
8/18/2006, 09:40 AM
Trammel is a hack...

Widescreen
8/18/2006, 10:19 AM
While I agree with all of you that the only healthy approach is to move on and forget Bomar, isn't the idea that Trammel suggests just a tiny, tiny, tiny bit intriguing, somewhere in the back of your mind?

Here are the conditions that would have to be met for Bomar's return in one year if I'm Stoops:

1) Repay the amound of unearned money back to the dealership, AND make a donation in that amount to OU's academic scholarship fund.

2) Write letters of apologies to EVERY OU player, coach, trainer, athletic department official, and university official.

3) Beg to come back to the team as a WALK-ON, with no scholarship, and pay tuition to attend classes at OU for the remainder of his playing career.

4) Sign a contract agreeing to donate 5 percent of his annual salary after graduation (whether he's in the NFL or not) to OU's academic scholarship fund.

Then, and only then, would I even CONSIDER reinstating him. A willingness to agree to the above conditions would show genuine remorse and humilty on Bomar's part, which means it very likely has no chance of happening, because I don't think those are virtues he possesses.

There...I've given five minutes of thought to this, and now I'm done. Onward and upward.
I could see all of that except #4. As bad as what he did was, it's unfair to pre-garnish someones wages before they even have wages to garnish. Besides, what would prevent him from agreeing to that and then reneging once he's gone?

David Earl
8/18/2006, 10:31 AM
Maybe Trammel was asleep at the keyboard. :D

homerSimpsonsBrain
8/18/2006, 11:06 AM
I think its probably better for everyone if Bomar goes elsewhere. He needs to go somewhere he can get a relatively fresh start and OU doesnt need the baggage.

KC//CRIMSON
8/18/2006, 11:13 AM
Bomar will never step foot in Norman again. Live with it.

4everasooner
8/18/2006, 11:32 AM
send the bum to texass, and it's payback time.

umberto
8/18/2006, 12:30 PM
I think Bomar needs to pay for his sins by playing at a mid-major. He doesn't deserve to play at a major program. That way he can always look up at the Sooners in the rankings and dream about what could have been.

Jack T.
8/18/2006, 12:56 PM
The fans loved Dusty. . .whether he deserved it or not.

Bomar, not so much.

FaninAma
8/18/2006, 01:14 PM
The one reason Stoops won't take Bomar back is not because what Bomar did is unforegivable but because Bomar's dad has been an irritant since the day OU started recruiting Rhett.

I think everyone deserves a second chance. Sometimes it works out like it did with Dvoracek.Sometimes it bites you in the @$$ like it did with Switzer.

BTW, the poster who said all the OU fans loved Dvoracek must not have been among the half-dozen or so that he beat up or otherwise bullied while he was here.

soonerlaw
8/18/2006, 01:34 PM
The fact that the payments went on for an extended period of time, coupled with his MIPs, coupled with the fact that it doesn't seem he even wants a 2nd chance... makes me think Bob Stoops will not give him one.

ashley
8/18/2006, 02:06 PM
On top of all the problems he got himself into you have to add that he was not respected or looked upon as a leader by the team or the coaches and proably not too well liked. This is ain't good for a QB.

jbstrick
8/18/2006, 02:55 PM
Who is this Bomar Guy? I don't see him listed anywhere on the roster.

:pop:

soonerndn
8/18/2006, 02:56 PM
repeat after me: ENA; ENA; ENA... ad naseum...

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/18/2006, 03:18 PM
On ESPNU's B12 preview they said that Bomar won't be missed because everyone is supporting ENA more than they ever did Bomar, so at least those guys did some homework instead of spouting doom & gloom for OU.

Kinda OT but has anyone ever noticed that Trammel has a speech problem? Instead of TOMORROW its TOO MAH WHOA

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/18/2006, 03:41 PM
Two very different situations as far as the NCAA's concerned.

And I gots me an itchy neg finger in this thread...

Texas Golfer
8/18/2006, 03:54 PM
I'm all for second chances but those chances have to be earned.

Bomar, like Dusty, should be required to sit out a year and make restitution, not to the moron who paid him but, to the university scholarship fund in the amount of what he was paid. He should also be required to make a private apology to the team and coaches and a public apology to the university and fans.

TUSooner
8/18/2006, 03:56 PM
While I agree with all of you that the only healthy approach is to move on and forget Bomar, isn't the idea that Trammel suggests just a tiny, tiny, tiny bit intriguing, somewhere in the back of your mind?

Here are the conditions that would have to be met for Bomar's return in one year if I'm Stoops:

1) Repay the amound of unearned money back to the dealership, AND make a donation in that amount to OU's academic scholarship fund.

2) Write letters of apologies to EVERY OU player, coach, trainer, athletic department official, and university official.

3) Beg to come back to the team as a WALK-ON, with no scholarship, and pay tuition to attend classes at OU for the remainder of his playing career.

4) Sign a contract agreeing to donate 5 percent of his annual salary after graduation (whether he's in the NFL or not) to OU's academic scholarship fund.

Then, and only then, would I even CONSIDER reinstating him. A willingness to agree to the above conditions would show genuine remorse and humilty on Bomar's part, which means it very likely has no chance of happening, because I don't think those are virtues he possesses.

There...I've given five minutes of thought to this, and now I'm done. Onward and upward.
Riiiight. Might as well ask him to gouge his left eye out...or something like that.