PDA

View Full Version : Dear people who fear gubmint listening-in on cell phone calls

Okla-homey
8/18/2006, 07:42 AM
Could you kindly lower your voice when you are blabbing to people on your cell phone? I don't care to hear about your big money deal or who the hottie is you are currently stalking while I am seated near you in a restaurant...and I no longer work for the gubmint either:D

Hatfield
8/18/2006, 08:24 AM
but if we don't talk loud how else will you know how important we are?

BoogercountySooner
8/18/2006, 08:32 AM
I was at lunch yesterday and this dude was talking on his Cell phone so loud you could here this fool all over the restaraunt. He say's how busy he is and that he has been getting calls all morning long and the people at my table yell out "We can verify that" the look on this dudes face was priceless!

Rudeness begets rudeness I guess.:)

OUinFLA
8/18/2006, 08:33 AM
I have the same sentiments, however, I dont fear the gub is listening to my cell phone calls.
So, I guess I really dont need to be reading this thread.

On the other hand, if the gub is listening in, they must be getting their kicks hearing my wife telling me what to pick up at the store on the way home. We try not to mention gels, lipstick or any small bottles of liquid.

Just to **** them off, I always have to mention the 10# bass I have caught recently, and I always mention 4Life's hole in one.

jk the sooner fan
8/18/2006, 08:34 AM
our breakroom at lunch is cell phone hell,......we have alot of seminary students working here and one of them was giving marital counseling in the middle of a packed lunch room, everybody heard every word

BoogercountySooner
8/18/2006, 08:40 AM
Just to **** them off, I always have to mention the 10# bass I have caught recently, and I always mention 4Life's hole.

:eek: :eek:

SoonerInKCMO
8/18/2006, 09:18 AM
our breakroom at lunch is cell phone hell,......we have alot of seminary students working here and one of them was giving marital counseling in the middle of a packed lunch room, everybody heard every word

I guess they don't teach things like 'discretion' or 'confidentiality' at this seminary.

jk the sooner fan
8/18/2006, 09:26 AM
I guess they don't teach things like 'discretion' or 'confidentiality' at this seminary.

well, we only heard one side of the conversation.......i have no idea who he was talking too

his only advice was "you have to keep praying for your marriage"

thats great advice......but you sorta have to realize that there's more to it than that.......it also takes both partners willing to come together and fix the problem

Okla-homey
8/18/2006, 09:37 AM
well, we only heard one side of the conversation.......i have no idea who he was talking too

his only advice was "you have to keep praying for your marriage"

thats great advice......but you sorta have to realize that there's more to it than that.......it also takes both partners willing to come together and fix the problem

Dang skippy! If a had a nickel for every time I won a marital squabble, but ultimately lost the big picture...I'd have a lot of nickels. People need to be able to put pride on the shelf and labor at making relationships work. IMHO, people who can't or won't do that are doomed to loneliness and/or multiple divorces.