PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Craze...Jalapeno Poppers

Geekboy
8/17/2006, 10:09 PM
WARNING! These things are seriously addicting but be careful.
You can either cut the tops off or split them down the middle and clear out all the seeds and membrane and stuff them with cream cheese then wrap them with bacon and put a toothpick through them and bake them in the over at 350 for about 45 minutes.

My error was cleaning out the seeds and membrane and then I took a leak WITHOUT WASHING MY HANDS FIRST!!! Guess what felt like it was on fire!!

You've been warned!!!!!!!

phead903
8/17/2006, 10:13 PM
Try them like Ninfa's used to make them:

Seed and Split the peppers. Place a peeled shrimp in the cavity along with 2 small slices of monterrey jack cheese. Dip in a corn meal batter, deep fry until they float and serve with atomica salsa!

Muy Delicioso - Camarones de Ninfa, I think they were called...

Geekboy
8/17/2006, 10:16 PM
Try them like Ninfa's used to make them:

Seed and Split the peppers. Place a peeled shrimp in the cavity along with 2 small slices of monterrey jack cheese. Dip in a corn meal batter, deep fry until they float and serve with atomica salsa!

Muy Delicioso - Camarones de Ninfa, I think they were called...
Sounds great! I'll try that next. Just wash your hands as if you were Howard Hughes before using the bathroom!!!!

SoonerBorn68
8/17/2006, 10:18 PM
Pfft. Word's just gettin' down on the Bayou? ;) Mrs. '68's been serving those for years. Great stuff!

noleamite
8/17/2006, 10:18 PM
lol...ouch

Geekboy
8/17/2006, 10:20 PM
Pfft. Word's just gettin' down on the Bayou? ;) Mrs. '68's been serving those for years. Great stuff!
Maybe old news down in the bayou. I'm from Shreveport. Here in Louisiana we are considered yankees.

TUSooner
8/17/2006, 10:28 PM
...Here in Louisiana we are considered yankees.
Heh. True though! :D

My GP used to eat those howling-peeny peppers stuffed with cream cheese (but not bacon-wrapped & fried) "to clear out the sinuses." 2 or 3 will clean out a lot more than sinuses.

achiro
8/17/2006, 11:06 PM
I'm from Oklahoma and the last time I checked, we are a bit North of you still. I've been making and eating poppers for 15 years so I'm not so sure on the "latest" part. Hell Arby's was serving them 5 years ago. ;) We also sometimes add dove or duck meat to the mix and throw them on the grill.:texan:

olevetonahill
8/17/2006, 11:10 PM
Dayum yankees that move south :eek:

Miko
8/17/2006, 11:24 PM
Dayum yankees that move south :eek:

An oft-quoted joke down here in texas:

What does a texan hate more than a [insert racial slur of your choice here] with a [insert weapon of your choice here]? A yankee with a U-Haul. :rolleyes:

Chuck Bao
8/18/2006, 12:44 AM
Leave the seeds and leave off the cheese.

Just wash 'em off, slice 'em open, pop 'em in a microwave for a minute and you're good to go.

BudSooner
8/18/2006, 08:31 AM
Candy asses, I grab a handful of peppers and eat them fresh out of the garden, with habaneros on the side....washed down with Tequila.
cream cheese........that's for sissified horns.

8/18/2006, 08:38 AM
Then take a bath in gasoline. And shave your head using a wild boar.

crawfish
8/18/2006, 08:50 AM
Sounds great! I'll try that next. Just wash your hands as if you were Howard Hughes before using the bathroom!!!!

My eye itches...

BoogercountySooner
8/18/2006, 08:59 AM
Chili's Toreado's--Take whole fresh jalapeno's place them in seering hot cast iron skillet with a little oil in it. Turn them often to keep from burning. Cook them like this for a few minutes take out and serve. Two kinds of hot!!:eek: :eek: :D

8/18/2006, 09:01 AM
Open the windows before you do that. My family has experience the shortness of breath and burning eyes that can occur while pan-frying jalapeno's.

BudSooner
8/18/2006, 09:06 AM
Chili's Toreado's--Take whole fresh jalapeno's place them in seering hot cast iron skillet with a little oil in it. Turn them often to keep from burning. Cook them like this for a few minutes take out and serve. Two kinds of hot!!:eek: :eek: :D
Try aging/smoking them...the smoking technique is quite good.
For smoking I just throw some in a foil bag or pan and smoke until they get a bubbled look from the heat.

BoogercountySooner
8/18/2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks Bud and 12!

8/18/2006, 09:16 AM
Well, my family are wussies, so take it for what its worth.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/18/2006, 10:06 AM
They're even better on the grill.

Beef
8/18/2006, 10:07 AM
They're even better on the grill.
With a cube of beef on top of the cream cheese.

LilSooner
8/18/2006, 01:26 PM
On the grill, big *** shrimp, cleaned out 1/2 jalepeno, small slice of onion, all wrapped up in a big 'ole slice of bacon. It will totally rock your face off.

Your welcome in advanced.