PDA

View Full Version : UFC - Diego Sanchez

tbl
8/17/2006, 09:21 PM
I now have a new favorite fighter in the UFC. That dude is the MAN. If you missed the fight tonight against Karo Parysian, you missed a GREAT one. No knockout, but straight up ACTION the entire 15 minutes. Awesome fight, and he seems like a really good guy. The post-fight interview is what locked it for me, on top of the fact that he's really an amazing fighter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Diego-%27nightmare%27-Sanchez.jpg

Whoever wins this Matt Hughes fight coming up will have a bona fide challenger in Sanchez. I hope he stays undefeated all the way to the welterweight belt.

OU4LIFE
8/18/2006, 05:33 AM
Dude, Deigo has been the man since he came out of ulitmate fighter camp more than a year ago. The kid is awesome, and he's great fun to watch.

He looked absolutley great last night, which was nice cause in his last fight he put up a stinker....really boring and out of character for him, I can only think he must have been injured or something.

Karo isn't a pushover either, that guys judo skills are world class. The first two rounds were awseome, then Deigo took over the 3rd and knocked out a tooth. Seriously, they showed it flying throught the air as karo took a knee to the face....it was awesome.

Don't get me wrong...I love Deigo and all, but I'd still take Hughes in that matchup. Matt Hughes is ridiculous good.

The dean lister fight started out good, but he was gassed midway through the 2nd. Too bad cause that could have been a fun one if they both hadn't worn themselves out.

Boomer.....
8/18/2006, 08:27 AM
I have loved watching Diego since the Ultimate Fighting contest on Spike. He is an amazing fighter!

tbl
8/18/2006, 09:30 AM
I missed the first two seasons. I watched last years and I started watching the new one last night. I think this years could be better than the rest, considering what's at stake (an actual title shot, 100K, and these dudes are ALL experienced).

That knee kick that he knocked his tooth out was pretty brutal. I saw it happen live, and Rogan and the other guy glossed over it. I didn't see the tooth come out until the replay, but I could tell that knee was a solid hit.

Matt Hughes is a beast, so it will definitely be interesting to see what happens.

Boomer.....
8/18/2006, 10:03 AM
I actually watched the first two seasons quite a bit, but I haven't watched this season much. I don't know how you can beat the season with Diego and Forester.

OU4LIFE
8/18/2006, 10:41 AM
This season just started last night, and it has a bunch of guys that have been in the UFC for a while and didn't quite make it to the top. All of them already have a ton of skills, this time 'round it's going to be about refining thier skills......and what's cool is that The Legend and St. Pierre are the coaches....and there are still two teams, but Randy and St.Pierre coach each team together, the teams just train at separate times.

Going to be a cool season.

Sooner_Bob
8/18/2006, 10:51 AM
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely forgot about UFC Fight Night. :(

TMcGee86
8/18/2006, 11:08 AM
Man, for some reason I just cant bring myself to like Diego.

I watched him the first season and just didn't like him.

And all his fights were really boring as he is a great grappler and that makes for a somewhat boring fight.

Then his last fight I thought he definitely should have lost and only got the vote because of his undefeated record.

I do think he is a really good fighter though, and last night he definitely won the fight with the showing in the third round, how he still had that much energy is beyond me.

I cant figure out why I dont like him more. He does seem like a great guy and he backs up his talk with great fights.

However, IMHO, Matt Hughes will be too much for him as he is just as good on the ground and a better striker and he is just ridiculously freakishly strong.

OU4LIFE
8/18/2006, 11:10 AM
I can't argue with any of that except I like him.

Sooner_Bob
8/18/2006, 11:20 AM
So when is the next UFC PPV?

Isn't it this weekend?

tbl
8/18/2006, 01:34 PM
I think it's next weekend. Liddel is fighting, as well as Griffin/Bonnar 2. That fight alone ought to make it worth it.

critical_phil
8/18/2006, 01:37 PM
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely forgot about UFC Fight Night. :(

bob, you gotta help me out a little here. i can't watch it for you........

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75733

Kim Jong il
8/18/2006, 02:26 PM
Is it true that his nickname is Dirty??

tbl
8/18/2006, 02:31 PM
Badum-bum. Take his wife, please!

Sooner_Bob
8/18/2006, 02:57 PM
I think it's next weekend. Liddel is fighting, as well as Griffin/Bonnar 2. That fight alone ought to make it worth it.

Yep, 8/26 . . .

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.fightCard&eid=201