PDA

View Full Version : What are donor tickets?

The Preach Man
8/17/2006, 08:48 PM
I have been in the market for some season tickets and keep seeing some donor tickets. They are in the upper deck but are more expensive than some tickets with seats closer to the field. What makes these seats good? Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

soonersam
8/17/2006, 08:49 PM
Demands a yearly contribution to qualify for those seats

GottaHavePride
8/17/2006, 09:27 PM
They are in the upper deck but are more expensive than some tickets with seats closer to the field. What makes these seats good?

If you're talking east-side deck, then the difference is most likely access to the club-level lounge.

southern sooner
8/17/2006, 09:41 PM
From my experience... I have 4 tickets, however; to buy these 4 tickets I have to give an annual dontaion of $2k. That also has given me options for the OU / texass game and bowl games as well. Not sure if it is the same for all.

Readyfor8
8/17/2006, 10:23 PM
We give a donation of 100 a ticket and we purchase BBall season tix as well... and our seats aren't stupendous.

Although sitting in the North Endzone is still IMO the best seats in the house. The Louder the Better

The Preach Man
8/18/2006, 12:08 AM
so if the seats are not that great why do you have to donate all that money? Is the lounge that great? What is 'included' in the lounge?

Readyfor8
8/18/2006, 12:14 AM
I dont think we have Lounge tickets. But right now correct me if i am wrong but if you didn't have season tix pre-1999 to move up to an actual ticket holder you have to give something. OClub Membership will get you right to the top of the list.

jwlynn64
8/18/2006, 12:36 AM
You don't have to ask us. Just call the ticket office and they will explain exactly how the ticket process works. Everything is transparent.

Basically, tickets are on a point system. So many points for money donated, so many points for years holding season tickets, etc....

Better seats, access to lounge, Texas and Bowl tickets are all awarded based on points.

This may be simplified. The ticket office can give you the real scoop.

PS - if you are talking about tickets for this year. You will be buying them from someone who has already bought them from the school. You may be paying extra just because there are not any left.

2Dogs
8/18/2006, 06:43 AM
This is what you get.
view from east side donor section. sec 105:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5443/prideov0.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2328/flag3.jpg

plus seat back chairs

salth2o
8/18/2006, 07:26 AM
This is what you get.

OH BABY! I am ready for the season to get started!!!!!!!!!!

Blues1
8/18/2006, 07:29 AM
Look at all that Crimson & Cream --- A Beautiful Site it is...!!! --- :D

Readyfor8
8/18/2006, 08:07 AM
This is what you get.

When is that picture from because I was pretty sure the Formation changed about 2 years ago for the pride, and I thought it was about the same time they opened up the East Side Upper Deck.

Or was I dreaming and they didnt change the formation so that the U goes up into the O more like the actual logo.

Sooner-N-KS
8/18/2006, 08:46 AM
This is what you get.

plus seat back chairs

105 is on the WEST side. The side you see across the field in those pictures is the East side.

2Dogs
8/18/2006, 09:03 AM
my bad. west side looking east. It was early.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/18/2006, 09:34 AM
When is that picture from because I was pretty sure the Formation changed about 2 years ago for the pride, and I thought it was about the same time they opened up the East Side Upper Deck.

Or was I dreaming and they didnt change the formation so that the U goes up into the O more like the actual logo.

That pic has to be from 2003, the first year the new upperdeck was built. The Pride went to the new inter-locking OU in 2004.

SoonerBeau
8/18/2006, 11:48 AM
I believe the "donor tickets" you are referring to are tickets that require an annual donation. I was on the wait list for tickets when the new upperdeck was built, and OU decided to take advantage of the great demand for tickets by utilizing the priority system and minimum yearly donations to have an opportunity to buy certain seats in the new upper deck. I must donate $100 per year per seat in addition to the price of the season ticket in order to keep my tickets. The $100 per seat donation is 80% tax deductible (so last year, since I itemized my taxes, I got back about $30 of that $100 per seat donation). The mandatory donation, like other donations, earns priority points which are used to decided who gets OU/Texas tickets, away game tickets, etc.

2Dogs
8/18/2006, 02:28 PM
That pic has to be from 2003, the first year the new upperdeck was built. The Pride went to the new inter-locking OU in 2004.

I think it was 2004. Houston on sept 11th, flag and there was a flyover.