PDA

View Full Version : Beano's Post Reminded Me Of My 6 Year Old

VeeJay
8/17/2006, 06:27 PM
..not that she's yet demanding a cell phone, but I walked her to school this morning. 4th day of school (school is about 1/2 mile from our house). So the closer we get to school, she stops holding my hand. We get a little closer, and she's walking a little faster, like she's not with me, as she sees other kids on the other side of the street, walking without parents in tow.

We get to the crossing guard, and I say I want to walk her across the street. She goes into panic mode. At the crossing guard, she's slapping my hand back and yelling "NO!" "I CAN GET TO MY CLASS ON MY OWN!"

I let her go. I watched her until she got out of sight on the way to her class. There she went, all by herself, leopard print backpack, hair shuffling about in the wind - never looked back to blow me a kiss or wave goodbye.

Before we left home, she was all clingey and wanted me to walk her to school. My, how things change.

I find it funny and sad at the same time. I actually enjoy my Dadness when stuff like this happens!