PDA

View Full Version : Parody......or not?

opksooner
8/17/2006, 03:53 PM
Posted by SoonerBuckeye over at Insider. Golden.....simply golden!

=============================

Heisman Organizers Finish Pre-Taping Brady Quinn’s Acceptance Ceremony

Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn was back at practice this morning after spending the last two days in New York filming his acceptance of the 2006 Heisman Trophy.

“It all seems to more or less be a formality since it’s been written in stone how freaking awesome I’m going to be this year, so the Heisman Foundation and ESPN decided to just tape the whole thing now to get it over with while we all have some free time,” said Quinn. “Then they’ll just rebroadcast it December 9th as scheduled like it was all live. When it airs I’ll probably watch it on TV on a yacht drinking Cristal out of a stripper’s cleavage.”

Kevin White, Notre Dame’s director of athletics, said the school supported the decision to put an end to the charade of an actual 2006 Heisman race because he saw it as a cost saver for the school’s athletic department.

“Now we don’t need to put together a Heisman campaign for Brady,” said White. “Those things cost tens of thousands of dollars. Not that it would be all that necessary in this case, though. Brady winning the Heisman was a guarantee even before he was preemptively awarded it. The media is so far up our butt here at Notre Dame that they’ll give the Heisman to any Notre Dame player with a pulse. And he’s more or less the first Notre Dame player with a pulse in a good 10 or 15 years, so they’ve really been chomping at the bit to give a Fighting Irish player the award.”

Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis agrees.

“Outside of Brady completely falling apart and throwing 20 interceptions, the Heisman was his anyway,” said Weis. “The actual awarding of it to him was a mere formality, so why not get it over with? I just hope he doesn’t actually throw 20 interceptions. That would really put a damper on the whole thing. But I suppose it’s possible, though. He built up his pristine reputation last year by putting up huge numbers against a schedule full of complete crap. But we actually have some legitimate contenders on our schedule this year. If he is pre-awarded the Heisman and then goes out to have a bad season, it’s really going to get the Notre Dame haters going.”

Jim Crawford, the ESPN producer who organized the Quinn Heisman shoot, said the broadcast will be the first-ever of its kind.

“Viewers will have no idea that it was shot in August instead of live in December,” he said. “Everything will look exactly the same. The only difference is that the other quote-unquote candidates were played by actors. The only problem would be is if viewers notice we have white actors playing Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson. Other than that, I think we’re golden.”

crimsonrules
8/17/2006, 04:56 PM
That's awesome. Aside from AD possibly making it a little interesting I won't even have to pay attention to the Heisman "race" this year. A little less drama in my life will do me some good. That's cool!

Landthief 1972
8/17/2006, 05:01 PM
That had to have come from The Onion.

mOUse
8/17/2006, 05:54 PM
It'll be like 2000!

Instead of Marshall, It'll be Rufus sayin'
"you got my boys trophy, I'm here to get it!" or what ever he said. I crack up every time I watch that part.

Then we drill 'em :pop: the nation will be shocked again!

Boomer sooner

goingoneight
8/17/2006, 09:46 PM
You DAMN RIGHT we gon' find out whose it is tonight!

Readyfor8
8/17/2006, 10:02 PM
Posted by SoonerBuckeye over at Insider. Golden.....simply golden!

=============================

Heisman Organizers Finish Pre-Taping Brady Quinn’s Acceptance Ceremony

Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn was back at practice this morning after spending the last two days in New York filming his acceptance of the 2006 Heisman Trophy.

“It all seems to more or less be a formality since it’s been written in stone how freaking awesome I’m going to be this year, so the Heisman Foundation and ESPN decided to just tape the whole thing now to get it over with while we all have some free time,” said Quinn. “Then they’ll just rebroadcast it December 9th as scheduled like it was all live. When it airs I’ll probably watch it on TV on a yacht drinking Cristal out of a stripper’s cleavage.”

Kevin White, Notre Dame’s director of athletics, said the school supported the decision to put an end to the charade of an actual 2006 Heisman race because he saw it as a cost saver for the school’s athletic department.

“Now we don’t need to put together a Heisman campaign for Brady,” said White. “Those things cost tens of thousands of dollars. Not that it would be all that necessary in this case, though. Brady winning the Heisman was a guarantee even before he was preemptively awarded it. The media is so far up our butt here at Notre Dame that they’ll give the Heisman to any Notre Dame player with a pulse. And he’s more or less the first Notre Dame player with a pulse in a good 10 or 15 years, so they’ve really been chomping at the bit to give a Fighting Irish player the award.”

Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis agrees.

“Outside of Brady completely falling apart and throwing 20 interceptions, the Heisman was his anyway,” said Weis. “The actual awarding of it to him was a mere formality, so why not get it over with? I just hope he doesn’t actually throw 20 interceptions. That would really put a damper on the whole thing. But I suppose it’s possible, though. He built up his pristine reputation last year by putting up huge numbers against a schedule full of complete crap. But we actually have some legitimate contenders on our schedule this year. If he is pre-awarded the Heisman and then goes out to have a bad season, it’s really going to get the Notre Dame haters going.”

Jim Crawford, the ESPN producer who organized the Quinn Heisman shoot, said the broadcast will be the first-ever of its kind.

“Viewers will have no idea that it was shot in August instead of live in December,” he said. “Everything will look exactly the same. The only difference is that the other quote-unquote candidates were played by actors. The only problem would be is if viewers notice we have white actors playing Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson. Other than that, I think we’re golden.”

Obvious a poor attempt at parody because everyone knows that Brady Quinn is gayer than Sulu from Star Trek...

Jason White's Third Knee
8/18/2006, 08:11 AM
Obvious a poor attempt at parody because everyone knows that Brady Quinn is gayer than Sulu from Star Trek...

Heh.