PDA

View Full Version : 10 years and not a doctor

1stTimeCaller
8/17/2006, 09:59 AM
Whew, my last class for my BS will be complete today. I started in 1997 (1996 if you count the 9 hours I took at USAO when I was in High School) at OU. Never changed majors, just declared one. I thought I was done in 2003. Turns out I wasn't. My Guard unit got activated right after midterm my last semester and the profs hooked me up. All but one. I just needed a D in that guy's class and had a B at the time. He said that under rthe circumstances he could do that for me and give me a D. He forgot and I never checked, until recently.

I will be taking a Biology 1400 final at 6pm tonight and my BS in Construction will be 100% complete. I then plan to leave the construction industry.

Graduation party (slip-n-slide and burgers) this weekend.

BoogercountySooner
8/17/2006, 10:10 AM
After seeing the circumsision on that little baby in your Avatar then it's a good thing your not a doctor!:D

jk the sooner fan
8/17/2006, 10:11 AM
took me 20 years

congrats! its a great feeling......

1stTimeCaller
8/17/2006, 10:14 AM
Apparently I've been lying to folks since May 2003 about being a graduate of OU. Please don't tell Scooter that I did in fact cheer for the Sooners during that time period.

Viking Kitten
8/17/2006, 10:18 AM
took me 20 years

congrats! its a great feeling......

Suddenly my 13 doesn't seem so bad. :D

And I love having that piece of paper on the wall. And I really love that it says "The University of Oklahoma" on it.

1stTimeCaller
8/17/2006, 10:21 AM

And I love having that piece of paper on the wall. And I really love that it says "The University of Oklahoma" on it.

You sure that it doesn't say ' The University of Texas -El Paso-Harvard on the Rio' on it? ;)

jk the sooner fan
8/17/2006, 10:22 AM

i did mine piece meal while moving from one place to another during my military career......i think i would have finished it sooner had i been able to sit in one place for any length of time, and not had a job that made it difficult

my one regret is that my degree wasnt from OU....if only i had not had my head up my fourth point of contact when i was there as a freshman

yermom
8/17/2006, 10:23 AM
man i need to do that eventually... i passed the decade mark a while ago

1stTimeCaller
8/17/2006, 10:24 AM
man i need to do that eventually... i passed the decade mark a while ago

I thought you worked at OU or were still in school there?

crawfish
8/17/2006, 10:24 AM
Why do I feel like my degree is now worth less than it was before? :D

Congrats, 1tc.

Viking Kitten
8/17/2006, 10:25 AM
i did mine piece meal while moving from one place to another during my military career......i think i would have finished it sooner had i been able to sit in one place for any length of time, and not had a job that made it difficult

my one regret is that my degree wasnt from OU....if only i had not had my head up my fourth point of contact when i was there as a freshman
I did mine piece meal while moving from one bar to another during the 90s and then getting knocked up a couple times.

yermom
8/17/2006, 10:27 AM
I thought you worked at OU or were still in school there?

yes, and sometimes ;)

jk the sooner fan
8/17/2006, 10:27 AM
I did mine piece meal while moving from one bar to another during the 90s and then getting knocked up a couple times.

i made a couple babies during that time too!

OUDoc
8/17/2006, 10:28 AM
Congrats, 1TC!

Okla-homey
8/17/2006, 10:30 AM
Congrats...ejuKashun iS gud.

crawfish
8/17/2006, 10:30 AM

i made a couple babies during that time too!

Coincidence? I think not...

Viking Kitten
8/17/2006, 10:36 AM
Coincidence? I think not...

Considering that his babies are now in college themselves, and mine still kiss me in front their friends... I think it's safe to call it a coincidence.

crawfish
8/17/2006, 10:38 AM
Considering that his babies are now in college themselves, and mine still kiss me in front their friends... I think it's safe to call it a coincidence.

Or...you could be from Arkansas, too. :texan:

Boomer.....
8/17/2006, 10:41 AM
At least you are getting it. Congrats!

Viking Kitten
8/17/2006, 10:42 AM

No.... the only time in my life I've ever shouted "Whoo Pig Sooey" was at some Texas fans a couple days after they got humiliated by Arkansas back in ought three.

crawfish
8/17/2006, 10:54 AM
No.... the only time in my life I've ever shouted "Whoo Pig Sooey" was at some Texas fans a couple days after they got humiliated by Arkansas back in ought three.

Shush. I chose that over making the comment that "maybe they're ALL his babies"...don't make me regret the decision. ;)

BoogercountySooner
8/17/2006, 10:56 AM

WTF does that meen CrawPappy!!:D

Viking Kitten
8/17/2006, 11:03 AM
Shush. I chose that over making the comment that "maybe they're ALL his babies"...don't make me regret the decision. ;)

JK is quite the ladies man.

jk the sooner fan
8/17/2006, 11:06 AM
well yeah.....

walkoffsooner
8/17/2006, 12:50 PM
Should of played sports. You have to contact them and tell them to quit giving you hours.;)

1stTimeCaller
8/17/2006, 12:51 PM
Should of played sports. You have to contact them and tell them to quit giving you hours.;)

;) well, I will have 436 hours when I do graduate....

Actually I think I will have about 136 or so.

walkoffsooner
8/17/2006, 12:57 PM
Way to pound partner

phead903
8/17/2006, 01:12 PM

If you lived in Arkansas (Especially the western edge next to the Oklahoma border), then you might not want to be yelling anything in favor aof Arkansas. I think the Hog fans here hate OU even worse than they hate Texas...and they are always dissing on the Big 12!

yermom
8/17/2006, 01:37 PM
i hear that a lot from Sooners in Hog country, probably an OSU-like jealousy ;)