8/17/2006, 10:25 AM
Heh. Car dealerships.

Boomer.....
8/17/2006, 10:49 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75495

jwlynn64
8/17/2006, 11:03 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75495

Thanks, I wanted to link to the previous thread but was too lazy to look it up.

Spek to you.:D

snp
8/17/2006, 11:17 AM
Brady Quinn was a struggling, ineffective QB before Weis got there. Now he's a Heisman favorite. Not acknowledging this is just hating ND because they're ND.

Egeo
8/17/2006, 10:59 PM
if by struggling you mean throwing for 2500 yds and 70% more td's than ints
than yes

now, im not saying he was great - but he was average atleast
i like weiss and i think he was a great hire and is an excellent coach but i refuse to believe ND's offensive progress was soley his doing

i sure wish OU had a *promising* 2 year starter returning at QB this year along with smardja and the other 6-4 wr that graduated
like stoops said in the spring - the qb often looks much improved because the players around him have improved much as well

and thats not hating anyone - but whatever

Widescreen
8/17/2006, 11:22 PM
OU was without center Jon Cooper on Wednesday, but Stoops characterized Cooper's injury as, "nothing serious."
In other words, Cooper's still alive.

snp
8/18/2006, 01:54 AM
if by struggling you mean throwing for 2500 yds and 70% more td's than ints
than yes

He threw for 3900 yards last year. That's a 1400 yard improvement, over 100 yards per game. If you don't see that as significant, then you're ridiculous. Read what Brady has to say about Weis - he credits him a lot.

He was struggling because he has tons of talent but the offensive sets weren't working, along with the personel.

And look at his ratios: 17:10 vs 32:7. His completion percentage jumped 10 points as well.

now, im not saying he was great - but he was average atleast

Who are you talking about? Quinn, who is the Heisman favorite, or the OC of multiple Super Bowl Champion teams? Both are excellent.

i like weiss and i think he was a great hire and is an excellent coach but i refuse to believe ND's offensive progress was soley his doing

You'd be the type of person that would say that Stoops won his NC with Blake's players. Both statements are way off base and idiotic.

i sure wish OU had a 2 year starter returning at QB this year along with smardja and the other 6-4 wr that graduated

Jeff was riding the pine when Weis took over. He was the 4th-5th string WR. Then Weis realized his potential, and look at the results. +900 yards +15 TDs, since he had zero before.

As for Stovall, his stats increased by a lot as well. Something he, along with Jeff, both credit Weis with. His yardage went up by 700 yards once Weis got there.

Since you obviously follow ND football so much, your opinion is very valid on this subject. But don't let stats, or ND fan's opinions sway you. You're obviously very well versed on this subject.

Egeo
8/18/2006, 03:16 AM
He threw for 3900 yards last year. That's a 1400 yard improvement, over 100 yards per game. If you don't see that as significant, then you're ridiculous. Read what Brady has to say about Weis - he credits him a lot.
i didnt say quinn's improvement wasnt significant

He was struggling because he has tons of talent but the offensive sets weren't working, along with the personel.
so you are agreeing with me that the personel around quinn improved also

And look at his ratios: 17:10 vs 32:7. His completion percentage jumped 10 points as well.

thats good, whats your point?

Who are you talking about? Quinn, who is the Heisman favorite, or the OC of multiple Super Bowl Champion teams? Both are excellent.
i was talking about his sophomore year
you know that old chestnut - the one right above the part you quoted

You'd be the type of person that would say that Stoops won his NC with Blake's players. Both statements are way off base and idiotic.
you have no clue what type of person i am or what i would say

Jeff was riding the pine when Weis took over. He was the 4th-5th string WR. Then Weis realized his potential, and look at the results. +900 yards +15 TDs, since he had zero before.
unless weiss is smardja's(sp) father, you cant say this is all weiss

As for Stovall, his stats increased by a lot as well. Something he, along with Jeff, both credit Weis with. His yardage went up by 700 yards once Weis got there.
so those players said the only reason they were better was because of weiss?
i know weiss helped alot - but players improve over the offseason too
that is all im trying to point out

Since you obviously follow ND football so much, your opinion is very valid on this subject. But don't let stats, or ND fan's opinions sway you. You're obviously very well versed on this subject.
since you obviously are so defensive on the subject of weiss not being the sole reason nd's offense got better maybe you should find an argument that actually disagrees with mine

the sky is blue! ha. ya, im right the sky is blue.

Egeo
8/18/2006, 03:29 AM
straight from a national publication:

When willingham took over, he converted the team from an option-style rush attack to a prostyle pass attack and i mentioned at the time that it is a 3 to 4 year process. Last year Charlie Weiss stepped into a great situation as he was in the 4th year of the change of offense and now had a pro style qb, pro style wr and OL who were used to pass blocking. He also inherited 10 returning starters on offense. I said they would easily beat the 24.1ppg they achieved in 2004 and that they did rolling up 36.7ppg. ND faced the 12 toughest schedule in the NCAA....

snp
8/18/2006, 02:49 PM
Jim Traber-esque arguement

You can't simply say "Players improve in the offseason so you can't credit the coach completely" Those 3 didn't have typical offseason improvements. They had gigantic jumps that have made all 3 of those kids future millionares.

Kinda like how Stoops was able to turnaround a bunch of players that weren't up to their standards. But don't believe us ND fans that say we're ecstatic he's here. Trust your own ND hating self.