PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter...

Widescreen
8/16/2006, 11:23 PM
...is a worse ex-president than he was a president. Every time he opens his mouth, he just can't keep from bashing away at the current administration in some of the worst terms. It used to be that ex-presidents kept their yaps shut even when they disagreed with a sitting president. Bush #1 held to this during the Clinton years. Clinton and Carter seem to lack any decorum whatsoever. I wish Carter would just stick to building houses.

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,431793,00.html

Under all of its predecessors there was a commitment to peace instead of preemptive war. Our country always had a policy of not going to war unless our own security was directly threatened and now we have a new policy of going to war on a preemptive basis.
Hello???? Sept 11 ring a bell? What previous administration had to deal with that? It's a totally different world than when stagflation was on the front page.

We've never had an administration before that so overtly and clearly and consistently passed tax reform bills that were uniquely targeted to benefit the richest people in our country at the expense or the detriment of the working families of America.
You'd think he was running for office. That's the same mantra we always hear from the Democrats. Any time ANY tax cut is mentioned, before anyone has even seen it, they scream TAX CUTS FOR THE WEALTHY!!!1111!!!1!1! Same old class warfare BS. Nothing new here, folks.

...the concerns I exposed have gotten even worse now with the United States supporting and encouraging Israel in its unjustified attack on Lebanon.
Jimmy "Yea Arabs and All 3rd World Dictators" Carter strikes again.

What happened is that Israel is holding almost 10,000 prisoners, so when the militants in Lebanon or in Gaza take one or two soldiers, Israel looks upon this as a justification for an attack on the civilian population of Lebanon and Gaza. I do not think that's justified, no.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Evil Israel and their nasty habit of imprisoning those who want to kill them AND wanting to protect their citizens and borders. Damn them to hell!

And I think they should declare an immediate cease-fire on both sides, Hezbollah said they would comply, I hope Israel will comply, and then do the long, slow, tedious negotiation that is necessary to stabilize the northern border of Israel completely. There has to be some exchange of prisoners. There have been successful exchanges of prisoners between Israel and the Palestinians in the past and that's something that can be done right now.
OK, this is where he goes completely off the deep and. Hezbollah says they will comply and he hopes Israel will comply. Essentially he's saying Hezbollah is the more trustworthy and reasonable. Simply amazing. Then he's back to the prisoner exchange. Yeah, let's reward Hezbollah for kidnapping Israeli soldiers by giving them back their own thugs so they can attack Israel again. Israel has done this before and I think that was a horrible precedent that only encourages terrorists to do it over and over again. Is it any wonder this man's presidency was such a failure?

...my own belief is that Fidel Castro will recover. He is two years younger than I am, so he's not beyond hope.
Long live Fidel! One of my closest buddies!

My oldest son is running for the US Senate in the state of Nevada. And if just he and a few others can be successful then you have the US Senate in Democratic hands and that will make a profound and immediate difference.
In other words, let the impeachment hearings begin! :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
8/16/2006, 11:25 PM
I saw "Jimmy Carter" in the title and thought I wouldn't be interested......

I clicked on it anyway and saw it was long.

I guess I'll never know.

Widescreen
8/16/2006, 11:31 PM
In the time it took you to type that, you could've read it you stupid ****** *******.

sanantoniosooner
8/16/2006, 11:32 PM
I don't think so.

I read slow.

olevetonahill
8/16/2006, 11:32 PM
HMMM
the dude had a hard time growing peanuts .
His Brother couldnt even can beer .

XingTheRubicon
8/16/2006, 11:38 PM
Some people just aren't crazy about humans dying.

He does need to lay off W though, he's trying to pick gnat sh*t out of pepper. Not an enviable job right now.

SicEmBaylor
8/16/2006, 11:46 PM
Regardless of Bush's faults, Carter is the last President who needs to be pointing them out. Carter could not successfully administer a 1 man parade.

olevetonahill
8/16/2006, 11:53 PM
Some people just aren't crazy about humans dying.

He does need to lay off W though, he's trying to pick gnat sh*t out of pepper. Not an enviable job right now.
None of us really want to see a fellow Human Dying :eek:
Trust me on that , Ive seen a few in my life :(
But the azzhats have decided War is thier best way .
As much as I regret it , Civilians are gonna dye In any conflict :mad:
I always wanted the 2 top azzhats to just get in a ring and slug it out
People trust me WAR is NOT glorious

sanantoniosooner
8/16/2006, 11:55 PM
People trust me WAR is NOT glorious
I've heard it's "hell".

olevetonahill
8/16/2006, 11:58 PM
I've heard it's "hell".
Hell cant compare :eek:

sanantoniosooner
8/17/2006, 12:04 AM
Hell cant compare :eek:
I hope I never find out.

mildpussy
8/17/2006, 12:18 AM
jimmuh!

don't forget his willingness to bend over backwards to certify chavez' election - the type of guy who would praise stalin as a man of the people

of course, them intellectuals will find never find a fault with peanut boy - my am. history prof tried to convince us that he was merely "unlucky" as a pres -

he is a good family man though - there is little question that amy is his and rosalyn's offspring (webb hubbell and cankles anyone?)...although jack does have a little of billy in him

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/17/2006, 12:25 AM
I remember catching hell a short time ago,from a few members of this forum for criticizing Mista Jimmuh. Come on out, fellas, let's hear what a wonderful humanitarian he is. (he IS a natl. disgrace, and the mainstream media dearly loves him, of course)

olevetonahill
8/17/2006, 12:49 AM
I remember catching hell a short time ago,from a few members of this forum for criticizing Mista Jimmuh. Come on out, fellas, let's hear what a wonderful humanitarian he is. (he IS a natl. disgrace, and the mainstream media dearly loves him, of course)
He is a great humanitarian . Other than that hes an Idiot

olevetonahill
8/17/2006, 12:51 AM
I hope I never find out.
I hope and pray that you or any of your offspring EVER have to experience it

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/17/2006, 12:57 AM
He is a great humanitarian . Other than that hes an IdiotI respectfully differ, believing instead that he's a flaming hateful hypocrite.

mildpussy
8/17/2006, 12:59 AM

wracked my brain, and the only compliment i could come up with, was that, for a fat chick, jimmuh doesn't sweat much

one minor positive note is that he apparently called bubba's pardon of marc rich disgraceful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_carter

olevetonahill
8/17/2006, 01:57 AM
I respectfully differ, believing instead that he's a flaming hateful hypocrite.
whats the difference ?

VeeJay
8/17/2006, 06:13 AM
He used to be a Sunday School teacher. But, then, a few years ago - he disavowed any connection with the Southern Baptists because of their bigotry, no? He decided after 75 years and 30 years after civil rights that well, maybe there's a problem?

Methinks Jimmuh likes the headlines.

Taxman71
8/17/2006, 09:04 AM
First of all, due to the graduated tax rates in the US, nearly every "tax cut" will benefit the wealthy more so than the poor...espeically since the poor pay very little, if any, income tax.

Second, his son running for the senate in Nevada reminds of Sen. Pat Geary in The Godfather II (played by native Okie GD Spradlin).

badger
8/17/2006, 10:22 AM
Bush being civil to Clinton is the reason why they get along so well right now (that and the whole fundraising thing for tsunami and Katrina). They are probably setting better examples for America now than they ever did as president and while I never especially liked Clinton, it's good that when asked to help out the guy that he didn't want to win the 2000 election, he did for the sake of the country.

I must say, one of W's better ideas. Think he thought of it himself? :D

VeeJay
8/17/2006, 10:44 AM
Clinton's father - or step father, was notorious for beating Mrs. Clinton, according to Bill.

So, maybe Bush 41 is more of a father figure - after all, there haven't been any tales of George slapping around Babs or anything.

jdsooner
8/17/2006, 11:10 AM
It's hard to believe that anyone could find something to criticize in the Bush administration, isn't it? I mean, with the price of gasoline, the inept handling of the aftermath of Katrina, and the debacle in Iraq, why would someone offer criticism?

Widescreen
8/17/2006, 11:13 AM
It's hard to believe that anyone could find something to criticize in the Bush administration, isn't it? I mean, with the price of gasoline, the inept handling of the aftermath of Katrina, and the debacle in Iraq, why would someone offer criticism?
No one is above criticism - especially when it's deserved. Which is why I'm criticizing Carter for his ridiculous statements.

OklahomaTuba
8/17/2006, 11:20 AM
Classic Jimmuh quote from that article.

That would be certainly satisfactory to me personally, and I think most people believe that enough time has passed so that historical facts can be ignored.

Of course he says this after saying this...

Under all of its predecessors there was a commitment to peace instead of preemptive war. Our country always had a policy of not going to war unless our own security was directly threatened and now we have a new policy of going to war on a preemptive basis.

Guess he forgot about the small conflicts like Korea and Vietnam, and not including the wars against the indian tribes, spanish, mexico, etc, ya know, historical facts that can be ignored.

badger
8/17/2006, 11:47 AM
if Carter was re-elected, would the cold war have ended? He dealt with a "war" of sorts himself--- I think it's fair to say Reagan made more progress toward ending the war than Jimmy did.

Kim Jong il
8/17/2006, 11:56 AM
Back when I was a kid, my beloved Grandmother used to
tell me how great Jimmy Carter was, how he was a man of
the people, peanut farmer, yada yada...

Of course, she was an old country yellow dog Democrat, who never
would have voted for someone with an R by their name...
Carter hates the fact that he is discredited as a leader, and
that he his legacy is one of leading America in dark period, that
he strives to make himself credible... The man was a joke as a president,
and he is a joke as someone giving views on foreign relations...
He needs to start building houses again, and keeping his trap shut...

Of course, he did drive off that killer swamp bunny
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/sooneremt/500px-Jimmycarter_rabbit.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2006, 12:10 PM
As a former Georgia resident...

He was the worst Governor EVAR!

HE sucked at the Presidency...

"bout the only thing he is good at is asking Amy about 'nukular energy' and building houses.

I wish him a long and healthy life, but wish something would happen to his mouth so it would stay shut!!!

badger
8/17/2006, 12:27 PM
As Homer says, "Scooby Doo can doo-doo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter."

mildpussy
8/17/2006, 12:45 PM
jimmuh - the gift that keeps on giving

http://www.theneweditor.com/index.php?/archives/3931-Judge-Nixes-Warrantless-Surveillance.html