PDA

View Full Version : Ole Geez! lOSUr & Pickynose on front page of US Today

crimson&cream
8/16/2006, 07:00 PM
On the front page of today edition of US Today is a pic of lOSUr students with pickynose in the center and that he recently gave the largest donation ever to a college in efforts to make lOSUr into a national FB power.
When he heard an lOSUr Prof took issue with it- that apparently athletic's is more imprtant to lOSUr than academics. Pickynose bristled. Then said something to the efect that if he said that if I were him I'd be more discreet since i'm intending on donating more money to lOSUr and you don't want the donor upset. Arrogant twit.:texan:

goingoneight
8/16/2006, 10:41 PM
Oppurtunist. Record-high gasoline prices suddenly "our fault," and Boone is quickly becoming the richest oil man in the US. $165 million dollars to a craptacular football "tradition" instead of charity or scholarships. Take what you will. I despise him.

OUWxGuesser
8/16/2006, 10:56 PM
From SI 1-119 rankings...
93 ARKANSAS STATE SUN BELT
94 SAN JOSE STATE WAC
95 INDIANA BIG TEN
96 OKLAHOMA STATE BIG 12
97 CINCINNATI BIG EAST
98 WASHINGTON PAC-10

Heh....

tbl
8/16/2006, 10:56 PM
Ditto

Crimsontothecore
8/16/2006, 11:31 PM
Here's something even stranger. The Tulsa World sports section has this "Meet the Sooners" and "Meet the Cowboys" article every week where a player from each team is profiled. earlier this week T-bone Pickens was featured in the "Meet the Cowboys". I have NEVER seen someone other than an actual player profiled until then. I can't imagine how embarrassing it must be to have your school so openly sell-out and kiss a donors A** the way stoolwater has.

Stoop Dawg
8/16/2006, 11:35 PM
Unless he can find a way to move Stillwater to ... well ... someplace other than Stillwater, it just ain't gonna happen.

jwlynn64
8/17/2006, 01:32 AM
Hey, when you guys make a boat load of money, feel free to donate it any way that you want. I'm betting that the rhetoric would be completely different if it had been donated to OU.

Personally, I'm happy for OSU. If they can pick their game back up, it's only going to help us. Don't forget that our most successful seasons this decade came when they were on the upswing.

crimson&cream
8/17/2006, 02:39 AM
Hey, when you guys make a boat load of money, feel free to donate it any way that you want. I'm betting that the rhetoric would be completely different if it had been donated to OU.

Personally, I'm happy for OSU. If they can pick their game back up, it's only going to help us. Don't forget that our most successful seasons this decade came when they were on the upswing.
This sounds like love thine enemy crap-screw lOSUr I hope they never win more than 4 games and never against OU anymore.Don't like their Brokeback Cowboy mascot, or their damn dumb & puke Halloween colors, or Stoolwater or their wanna be attitude. I'd soon not give them pleasure of playing OU except to beat the crap out of them. Being they are the Cowboys- the Brokeback Cowboys at that- If we wanted any lip off them we'd peel it off our zipper's.
And no I'm not so sure about being able to receive 160 million as I see a precedent being started by Pickenose that may have the NCAA step in with new rules as everybody/school/donors trying to outspend the other to give them a big advntage. Which would be no different than over & above benifits..
Now if Bill Gates wants to give OU a Billion I might have to rethink that.LOL

SoonerBorn68
8/17/2006, 07:20 AM
http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks/tbooneloser.jpg

pgagolfpro77
8/17/2006, 08:18 AM
If we wanted any lip off them we'd peel it off our zipper's.

:D

Spek!

umberto
8/17/2006, 01:26 PM
From SI 1-119 rankings...
93 ARKANSAS STATE SUN BELT
94 SAN JOSE STATE WAC
95 INDIANA BIG TEN
96 OKLAHOMA STATE BIG 12
97 CINCINNATI BIG EAST
98 WASHINGTON PAC-10

Heh....

Let's do the math. 119 teams, #96 ranking = 23 points up from bottom. 23 points up divided by $165 million = $7.17 million per ranking point. Sounds like a deal to me. :D

lukin254
8/17/2006, 01:46 PM
Let's do the math. 119 teams, #96 ranking = 23 points up from bottom. 23 points up divided by $165 million = $7.17 million per ranking point. Sounds like a deal to me. :D

there weren't 119 teams in div. 1-a in '96. only 112 i believe. osu went 5-6 that year. almost as dominant as blake. pickens' association with osu is about like the gaylord family and ou. except pickens has more money.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 02:21 PM
Guys...why can't we admit we are envious of OSU...THE GREATEST ATHLETIC PROGRAM EVER!!! I mean seriously they have 8 Million National Championships. Wrestling, Golf, and Equestrian are straight owned by OSU!!! If only we have a tenth of their skill!!

SoonerDood
8/17/2006, 02:32 PM
there weren't 119 teams in div. 1-a in '96. only 112 i believe. osu went 5-6 that year. almost as dominant as blake. pickens' association with osu is about like the gaylord family and ou. except pickens has more money.

That is THIS SEASON'S 1-119 rankings.

I honestly don't see their optimism. But then again, this is a fan base who belives they own Stoops despite a 2-5 record against him. They belive they "Dominated the 90s" with a 3-6-1 mark. They believe they achieved parity with us in the 80s, despite not winning a single game. Plus many other delusions of granduer in other sports.

lukin254
8/17/2006, 02:49 PM
I don't think any OSU fan, true OSU fan that is, would say OSU is "dominant" over OU at any point in time since the two have played football against each other. When you trail a series as much as OSU trails the football series, there is no way to even attempt to justify that sort of thinking. I think OSU fans believe "parity" existed only in a sense that both programs had very good years in the 80s. The optimism exists because it is pre-season, and everyone is somewhat optimistic, perhaps overly, about their teams. And "other sports" between the two schools, other than gymnastics and arguably baseball (although not a great argument), OSU has a pretty decent edge. I realize that OU leads the overall record of men's basketball, but OSU is probably considered nationally as a better program.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 02:51 PM
I guess Softball and women's basketball are no longer "other" sports?

lukin254
8/17/2006, 03:22 PM
I didn't realize people counted women's sports, sorry.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 03:31 PM
I didn't realize people counted wrestling and college golf, sorry

tulsaoilerfan
8/17/2006, 03:39 PM
I didn't realize people counted wrestling and college golf, sorry
LOL:D

tulsaoilerfan
8/17/2006, 03:40 PM
A turd is a turd, whether it's a buck or $165 million; if he wanted to waste that kinda change, he could have given it to me instead.

GDC
8/17/2006, 04:03 PM
Here's something even stranger. The Tulsa World sports section has this "Meet the Sooners" and "Meet the Cowboys" article every week where a player from each team is profiled. earlier this week T-bone Pickens was featured in the "Meet the Cowboys". I have NEVER seen someone other than an actual player profiled until then. I can't imagine how embarrassing it must be to have your school so openly sell-out and kiss a donors A** the way stoolwater has.

Apparently Boone now considers himself the official "owner" of OSU football.

Quote:
OSU Practice Report
By BILL HAISTEN World Sports Writer
8/15/2006

POSITION BATTLE
Kickoff returns
Senior Grant Jones is the most experienced of the candidates. He averaged 19 yards on 13 returns last season. He had a 53-yard return against Missouri. The coaches like junior Tommy Devereaux's potential. Newcomers Dantrell Savage, Perrish Cox and Artrell Woods are being auditioned too. During Saturday's scrimmage, Cox popped a 71-yard return. Savage had a 61-yarder.

"Artie and Perrish will both get a chance to return some this year, I bet," OSU coach Mike Gundy said. "Obviously, we don't know what Perrish and Artie can do because they were playing high school ball last year. We have a pretty good idea of what Grant Jones and Tommy will do. That's why they'll get the first few (in the Sept. 2 opener against Missouri State)."

MEET THE COWBOYS
Boone Pickens

Position: OSU alumnus, donor, energy tycoon

Year: 1951 OSU graduate (geology degree)

Height: 5-10

Weight: 179

Hometown: Holdenville (resides now in Dallas)

What do you expect from the OSU football team this season? We're going

to be better than last year. I've got to get further out on a limb than that. I think we'll have a good football team. How good? I don't know. I'm not a coach. I'm always optimistic about anything that goes on at Oklahoma State. I think we're all going to be happy with this football team.

Are you expecting a winning record and a bowl game? OK, I'll predict a bowl. I'm a good speculator.

By Christmas, what will we be paying for a gallon of unleaded fuel? By Christmas, you may be paying about $3.50. In a couple of years, there won't be many people who remember $2.50 gasoline.

Did you ever consider buying an NFL team? I was approached about buying an NFL team. It was New Orleans. It was about 1980, because I was living in Houston.

Were you intrigued by the thought of being an NFL owner? No. I've got one football team, and that's OSU.

Can an NBA team succeed long-term in Oklahoma City? If you want to bet 10 bucks, I'd say they're going to make it. I think it can work.

lukin254
8/17/2006, 04:06 PM
Do you guys think that perhaps it could be a good thing for OU that OSU is embarking on an $800 million 20-year master plan? Like maybe Castiglione or Boren or the Gaylor family or whomever will see the benefits of having all athletc facilities, especially for women's basketball and softball, on campus in a centralized locale? Then perhaps students will attend a basketball game (other than against OSU, Texas or Kansas) if the arena isn't so far south of the heart of campus.... When all athletic facilities are completed, sometime in the next 5 years, OSU will have a few things that OU is in dire need of updating/replacing to enhance the overall athletics of the school (i.e. a new baseball stadium, basketball arena, facilities for some other non-revenue sports in some sort of centralized manner). With OSU's execution of the plan, OU will likely follow suit and begin another large overhaul of athletics facilities, as $5 million renovations here and there don't really seem to change facilities all that much (see KeyArena).

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 04:17 PM
Seriously....we have the nicest softball field in the conference(only Texas can argue), We have the nicest soccer complex, one of the nicest volleyball, one of the best tennis facilities, our baseball is second to no ones, gymnastic facilities are top of the notch. Where exactly are we going to be chasing OsU. Your basketball stadium is much nicer but this centrally located crap is bull**** regardless. If kids won't drive 1 mile, they aren't going to walk 3 blocks to some second rate sport.

lukin254
8/17/2006, 04:38 PM
All right... tennis isn't even the nicest facility in the state. Your baseball is behind a lot of people in the conference let alone throughout the country, although the playing surface is nice. Basketball is a joke. But if you have consistent winners, the second tier sports can produce more positive dollars, like women's basketball has done... somehow. That's all I'm saying, that it could be a positive for OU. It's not an attempt to say OU has inferior facilities, as they are generally in the top 30% of the country in every sport, but simply that OSU's athletic village will help spur more building for athletics in Norman. If not, fine, just trying to see it in a different light.

Crimsontothecore
8/17/2006, 04:38 PM
I was listening to the tulsa Sports Animal the other day and Pat Jones did a good job of putting it all in perspective. He basically said that OSU needs to temper their enthusiasm over the athletics upgrades and they must understand that when it's all completed, They will only be on par with most other schools...not superior to the elite programs.I thought that his comments were right on the mark. Any time a stadium upgrade means INCREASING capacity to 60,000...enough said. They couldn't put butts in the seats they had before. They are living on the assumption that "Build it and they will come" when the reality is "Win and they will come".

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 04:51 PM
second tier sports don't produce more money...that is just the way it is. They are lucky to break even

lukin254
8/17/2006, 04:53 PM
I disagree... 60,000 isn't as meaningful as completely updated (state of the art) facilities. Things for the athletes. Win and they will come is applicable, but build the facilities to get the players to get the wins so they will come is more along the lines of reasoning. It just has to be done, and the scale in which it is being done in Stillwater is pretty impressive. 60,000 is a servicable capacity, like Autzen Stadium (54,000) and Kinnick Stadium (65 or 70,000 i think), and it was built with the idea that if/when ultimate success "Championships" is reached, an upper deck can be added in phases around the entire horseshoe, taking capacity to 90,000... Not that that will happen in the next 20 years, but that was the idea.

lukin254
8/17/2006, 04:54 PM
second tier sports don't produce more money...that is just the way it is. They are lucky to break even

A red $50,000 is a lot better than a red $500,000.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 04:59 PM
I would be willing to guarentee that OU brings in more second tier money than OsU. Heck, our girls basketball team probably brings in more than about 90% of your stuff combined. Facilities are important...but everyone has great facilities anymore.

lukin254
8/17/2006, 05:07 PM
Do you know what OU averaged for women's basketball this past season, attendance-wise? (I have no idea)

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 05:09 PM
NORMAN, Okla. -- The Oklahoma women’s basketball program ranked eighth nationally in average attendance at 7,630 according to the official numbers released by the NCAA on Thursday. It marks the highest NCAA ranking in program history and the sixth consecutive season OU has ranked in the top 20. Thanks to the Lloyd Noble Center faithful, OU was also ranked second in largest average increase from previous year. The Sooners averaged 5,695 during the 2004-05 season and increased that 1,935 per game. OU was just 69 short of first place Middle Tennessee, which increased its average by 2,004.
“It is a credit to our team's performance, not just the number of wins but the way they won,” said OU head coach Sherri Coale (http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2534&SPID=193&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=14513). “It is also a credit to our loyal fan base than has grown and loyally supported us the last 10 years.”
In terms of all games played, the Sooners played in front of 231,864 fans, which was the fifth largest total in the country and the best total in the Big 12.
In the Big 12 ranks, OU trailed No. 2 Texas Tech (11,935), No. 6 Baylor (100,316) and No. 7 Iowa State (122,679).
OU faced 11 teams ranked in the top 50 on their home courts and came out with a 9-3 record against those squads. That includes a pair of wins at the Pit, which is the home of New Mexico. The Lobos ranked fourth nationally.
OU set a number of attendance records in 2005-06, including three of the top four single game attendances in program history. Additionally, the per game average of 7,630 trumped the previous best by 6,606 set in 2001-02.
All 13 of OU’s regular season home games were attended by 5,000 or more fans, which is a program first. OU also recorded two sellouts, giving the program three capacity crowds in its history.
For the Feb. 12 game against Baylor, OU set a state record for a women’s basketball game with a turnout of 12,112. The home season finale crowd of 12,003 was the third best mark in history. Against Texas A&M on Feb. 18, the fourth largest crowd in OU history (11,689) was on hand to watch OU clinch the Big 12 Regular Season Championship despite snowfall and outdoor temperatures of below 20 degrees.
Season ticket sales were at an all-time high with 4,000-plus packages sold. In mid-October the fan support helped OU race past the previous record of 3,512 season tickets, which was set the season (2002-03) after OU reached its first Final Four. It took only a few weeks for the sales to surpass 4,000 and set a new standard for Sooner support.

NCAA Top-10 in Average Attendance

Team Games Total Average Tennessee 14 214,980 15,356 Texas Tech 14 167,081 11,935 Connecticut
253,465 11,521 New Mexico
Minnesota
Baylor
Iowa State 16 122,679
Oklahoma 13 99,188
Purdue
101,700 7,264 Michigan State 15 101,802

AeroSooner7
8/17/2006, 06:26 PM
Hate to burst everyones bubble, but there is only a slim percentage of people who like Boone Pickens at OSU. Nearly all of the students and recent alumni wish he would take his money and shove it up is good ole' boy @$$. I was born and raised and still am die hard OU, I graduated from OSU, and still visit friends on campus. the people on campus just wish he would go away. The only real people who like him are the old people who think that money can turn that sinking ship around. hell, people are vandalizing the area that they are building on with messages to boone all over them. I think that all in all most of them feel the same as we do.

Crimsontothecore
8/17/2006, 06:27 PM
I disagree... 60,000 isn't as meaningful as completely updated (state of the art) facilities. Things for the athletes. Win and they will come is applicable, but build the facilities to get the players to get the wins so they will come is more along the lines of reasoning. It just has to be done, and the scale in which it is being done in Stillwater is pretty impressive. 60,000 is a servicable capacity, like Autzen Stadium (54,000) and Kinnick Stadium (65 or 70,000 i think), and it was built with the idea that if/when ultimate success "Championships" is reached, an upper deck can be added in phases around the entire horseshoe, taking capacity to 90,000... Not that that will happen in the next 20 years, but that was the idea.
The difference being: Those other stadiums you mentioned actually fill the seats on saturdays. My contention is with the attitude in stoolwater. They think that as soon as the upgrades are completed, they will instantly be transformed into an elite program. Kinda like me claiming to be a doctor because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

proud gonzo
8/17/2006, 06:29 PM
On the front page of today edition of US Today is a pic of lOSUr students with pickynose in the center and that he recently gave the largest donation ever to a college in efforts to make lOSUr into a national FB power.
When he heard an lOSUr Prof took issue with it- that apparently athletic's is more imprtant to lOSUr than academics. Pickynose bristled. Then said something to the efect that if he said that if I were him I'd be more discreet since i'm intending on donating more money to lOSUr and you don't want the donor upset. Arrogant twit.:texan:

know what I find really interesting? how some people so adamantly want to detest certain schools that they bastardize the english language to the extent that it's difficult to tell what the **** they're talking about.

lukin254
8/17/2006, 07:19 PM
I think you can only become a doctor if you stay at a Holiday Inn Express, I'm not sure if a Holiday Inn Regular actually grants you doctor status...

It makes no sense that OSU fans/students/alumni/whatever would think Pickens and his money is a bad thing for the university. At the very least the money grants the university an opportunity to become competitive, or more competitive in some instances, in the elite-level sports (i.e. football, basketball, I consider baseball). That opportunity did not exist before he made his donation(s). Even if he "runs" the athletic department or university, which I don't think is anywhere near the case, he's only going to be alive for maybe 10 more years, and will have provided the university an opportunity to make huge strides both athletically and academically that it would not have had a chance to make w/o that amount of cash. I'm 3rd gen. OSU and my family gives quite a bit, but OSU just doesn't have the "money degrees" like an OU or Nebraska or Texas or other schools in the Big XII have. I left school before he gave the money, so I don't know about the students or people of Stillwater expressing disdain about the donations (other than what I read), but it seems a bit dumb that people would dislike the fact that the univ. now has another $260 million to spend, not that anyone over here has ever claimed OSU students/fans aren't dumb.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 07:25 PM
Just a curious question since you seem like a reasonable OSU fan....How much has Pickens donated to academics?

lukin254
8/17/2006, 07:33 PM
Since it's less publicized, I'm not exactly sure...

However, I know that part (maybe $10 million) of the $30 million he gave 18 months ago or whenever it was was earmarked for academics. The $165 million was donated solely for the "athletic village" and grows about $10 million a month so far... He also gave $6 million couple of days before he gave the $165 million and I think that was for athletics, but I'm not positive.

Before all of the absurd giving, like pre-Miles, he gave almost solely to academics. The Geology School is named after him (and was a long time before the 21th Cent.) and he gave a pretty large gift to help build the Noble Research Center (same Noble) in late 80's.

What I anticipate happening is for him to continue to push the athletic village to be completed before he dies, and then when he dies a large portion of his wealth/estate to be donated to the school for academics and beautification and things of that nature.

To answer your question, I have no idea. I would say probably in the $25 million range.

snp
8/17/2006, 07:34 PM

What in the world did OSU being respectable those few years have to do with us being good? I love your logic. OSU wasn't good last year, and sure enough we had a down year!

Having them be good does not in any way, help us more then it hurts us. We already might lose out a stud DE to them this year. And if they didn't have a cute little run, maybe the Woods brothers would've been the offensive Selmon's.

lukin254
8/17/2006, 07:38 PM
At the very least playing another 3-9 or 4-8 team (a typical OSU season) helps out the SOS and perception that the Big XII South is, in fact, ridiculously difficult to win.

snp
8/17/2006, 07:41 PM
Texas Tech is a legitamate top-25 team, and if my mother was coaching at TAMU she could make it a top-25 team as well. We don't need any more competition, espically from within the state.

lukin254
8/17/2006, 07:53 PM
We already might lose out a stud DE to them this year.

There's no telling what Jones is going to do. OU can recruit nationally enough to replace the few prospects out of Texas that OU *might* lose out to OSU. Although OSU is a more serious contender for higher recruits this year than in recent memory (Creer, Jones, Tolliver, Scott), none of them have committed or signed or anything, and OU can go out and get a guy from Vegas or Chicago or something and develop that player much better than OSU seems to develop their "top" players.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/17/2006, 08:16 PM
Okay...you are scary..you are the most decent poke fan I have ever talked to or you are a troll that is trying to make OSU look good....;) I for one shall not fall for it ;)

lukin254
8/17/2006, 08:25 PM
I have always and will always hate OU just as much as any other rival fan. I have never cheered for OU in any comprehendable situation nor will I ever. But I do respect the football program that exists in Norman. I enjoy the fact that there aren't pro sports in the state (other than the refugee Hornets) to take away media attention from collegiate athletics. And I possess a need to be objective... And I enjoy intelligent conversation regarding college athletics (at least men's sports).

goingoneight
8/17/2006, 09:15 PM
I fully admit I have friends who attended OSU. However, my three experiences (one recent) at OSU were the suck. 2002, OSU beat OU in Booger Pickin Stadium, and I admitted they did good. I congratulated my cousin who went there at the time, and her friends. I dunno where I went wrong, but I got spit on, tripped going down the stairs out the stadium and left to the parking lot to find my brand new Nissan Frontier (new at the time) drawn all over with a "conveniently" flat tire that never showed itself to have a leak. To add, Lester Miles snubbed my cousin a year later in Norman when he asked for an autograph (turned down a little kid!)

My other experiences were at Eskimo Joes/Gallagher-Iba in 2003 (we won I believe), some dumb kid whispered "we should mess up his order or something..." Like I didn't hear you dumbas$... and I got the terrorist glare all evening at the BBall game.

All I can say is, why do they pretend OU is a rival? In every sport we cherish individually, there is no competition. OU owns them in football, they win more in wrestling, etc. You would think they'd hate the other aggies or another wrestling school or something. Especially considering we've never done anything to them...

Crimsontothecore
8/17/2006, 10:25 PM
he's only going to be alive for maybe 10 more years, and will have provided the university an opportunity to make huge strides both athletically and academically that it would not have had a chance to make w/o that amount of cash..
There you go trying to look on the bright side:D Take him for all he's worth and then bury him huh? That was Hilarius...mostly because you were serious.
Seriously, The irritating part is that being an oil tycoon has nothing to do with knowing how to run a universities athletic program. I wonder if he donates to cancer research and then hangs around the lab watching over the scientists shoulders as though his donation makes him an expert in the field?
Bottom line is that all you starry eyed pokes are eventually going to realize that T-bones money can't buy success on the field. There is no easy, painless shortcut to success.

crimson&cream
8/17/2006, 10:30 PM
know what I find really interesting? how some people so adamantly want to detest certain schools that they bastardize the english language to the extent that it's difficult to tell what the **** they're talking about.
Next time before I mess up the english language,I'll check with you first so you can proof read and correct. Actually I'm not in English class here so up yours.Guess this makes all us poor english students lesser-LOL-OU fans.Then again Mr. English Prof maybe it's you just need some systematic desesitization for your reciprocal inhibitions. In other words a sexual intellectual. Figure that one out.?

Big Red Ron
8/17/2006, 10:38 PM
I have always and will always hate OU just as much as any other rival fan. I have never cheered for OU in any comprehendable situation nor will I ever. But I do respect the football program that exists in Norman. I enjoy the fact that there aren't pro sports in the state (other than the refugee Hornets) to take away media attention from collegiate athletics. And I possess a need to be objective... And I enjoy intelligent conversation regarding college athletics (at least men's sports).In case you weren't aware. OKC investors purchased the Seattle Sonics. W have a Pro team less than 15 min from Norman and our program is greater than every other this side of ND.

Thanks for playin'.

jwlynn64
8/18/2006, 01:39 AM
What in the world did OSU being respectable those few years have to do with us being good? I love your logic. OSU wasn't good last year, and sure enough we had a down year!

Having them be good does not in any way, help us more then it hurts us. We already might lose out a stud DE to them this year. And if they didn't have a cute little run, maybe the Woods brothers would've been the offensive Selmon's.

Teams generally play to the level of their competition. Of course you having the logical skills of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle combined must have known that and were only testing me.;)

Good competition also helps us with the strength of schedule component of the BCS. But maybe beating OSU every year is more important to you than actually winning BCS championships.

By your logic, we should just move to the WAC and win every game like Boise State. At least we would own all of our conference rivals.

My hope every year is for all of the teams that we play to be as successful as possible while still losing to us. It only helps us with the BCS.

jwlynn64
8/18/2006, 01:54 AM
You would think they'd hate the other aggies or another wrestling school or something. Especially considering we've never done anything to them...

Don't look now but we actually have a pretty good wrestling team in Norman. We have been in the top five for the last few years and finished third last year.

Maybe it isn't a prestige sport but it is one that we do well in.

snp
8/18/2006, 02:08 AM
Teams generally play to the level of their competition. Of course you having the logical skills of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle combined must have known that and were only testing me.;)

You're right. All those blowouts over the years surely proves your theory.

Good competition also helps us with the strength of schedule component of the BCS. But maybe beating OSU every year is more important to you than actually winning BCS championships.

Once again, you're right. Since the BCS did away with the SOS and it only factors into the voters mind's nowdays. Your arguement is off to a strong start already!

By your logic, we should just move to the WAC and win every game like Boise State. At least we would own all of our conference rivals.

Yea, because leaving a BCS conference for the WAC is totally what I was saying. I said we already have enough competion with Texas, Tech, and maybe A&M. That's WAY more than whatever the WAC has to offer. Nice comprehension skills, pal.

My hope every year is for all of the teams that we play to be as successful as possible while still losing to us. It only helps us with the BCS.

Well then you are very misinformed. You think that awesome recruiting class that UT has already taken care of would've been possible if they would've been that good this year? I know it's kinda hypocritical of me, since I actually do hope for UT to go undefeated save us and Baylor, but the rest of our division being very competitve does NOT help us. We will get to whatever BCS game we deserve. We don't need anyone ****ing it up for us.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/18/2006, 07:14 AM
Next time before I mess up the english language,I'll check with you first so you can proof read and correct. Actually I'm not in English class here so up yours.Guess this makes all us poor english students lesser-LOL-OU fans.Then again Mr. English Prof maybe it's you just need some systematic desesitization for your reciprocal inhibitions. In other words a sexual intellectual. Figure that one out.?

Seriously, all she was saying was that it was a little hard to read and in fact it was. I mean it doesn't have to be perfect but it must have some sort of flow and structure. You better leave PG alone...she is my home girl!!