PDA

View Full Version : Where Will We Finish the Regular Season?

Octavian
8/16/2006, 06:17 PM
whatcha think?

mrowl
8/16/2006, 06:18 PM
the last game is in Stillwater, ugh. :pop:

Big Red Ron
8/16/2006, 06:20 PM
the last game is in Stillwater, ugh. :pop:I thought it was in Arizona.;)

mrowl
8/16/2006, 06:21 PM
I thought it was in Arizona.;)

he said regular season... :D

Octavian
8/16/2006, 06:22 PM
the last game is in Stillwater, ugh. :pop:

heh.

I'll let it slide since it was before the pole went up ;)

OU_PhD
8/16/2006, 07:50 PM
I voted 10-2.

I also think if they somehow win at Eugene and in Dallas, they won't lose again.

jackietreehorn
8/16/2006, 07:55 PM
nobody has voted for the 7-5 drinking heavily, or 6-6 aggy? JKM obviously hasn't seen this yet :rolleyes: just kidding, he gave a slightly favorable forecast today.

FlatheadSooner
8/16/2006, 08:04 PM
11-1, headed to KC.

I'm an optimist, especially on a board and where it's out of my control.

I honestly believe that with new OL coach, Wilson at the helm, a senior QB, AD playing for his dad, much improved secondary, and best all-around D in the country..................we could have a break-out season. I also like the fact that any feelings of entitlement have completely been washed away!

:cool:

Ash
8/16/2006, 09:25 PM
KC bound baby!

Mmmm...that's good Kool-Aid.

southern sooner
8/16/2006, 09:39 PM
2000 all over again, we surprise everyone (well everyone except true sooner fans)...

Abby12
8/16/2006, 09:40 PM
Dream on land thieves...8-4 again and lead the nation in sacks (PT being sacked that is). No chance in Eugene and Dallas.

The tide has turned in the South. Horns will win 6 in a row.....

sooner94
8/16/2006, 09:50 PM

Six wins in the Big 12 South, huh? I didn't know that was possible, unless you are counting their spring scrimmage.

goingoneight
8/16/2006, 10:16 PM
Dream on land thieves...8-4 again and lead the nation in sacks (PT being sacked that is). No chance in Eugene and Dallas.

Hello, my name's Youra... Youra Fag. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
8/16/2006, 10:36 PM

Damn Rep restictions
WHY IN HELL IS THIS FOCTARD STILL GREEN ? :mad:

olevetonahill
8/16/2006, 10:37 PM
Any Crimson blooded fan should say 12 -0
nuff said :P

Abby12
8/16/2006, 11:20 PM
Damn Rep restictions

Truth hurts?? Freakin retard...

Sooners SUCK!

Ash
8/16/2006, 11:25 PM
Truth hurts...I am a freakin retard...

I SUCK!

I agree.:texan:

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/16/2006, 11:31 PM

Sooners SUCK!

Truth hurts? That gerbil in your back pocket driving a souped up delorian there mcFly?

Quit being a weiner.

sanantoniosooner
8/16/2006, 11:40 PM
Damn Rep restictions
:)

westcoast_sooner
8/17/2006, 12:09 AM
Similar situation to 2000 in that most people don't expect much from us this year. Most expect that we'll struggle early, and falter in Eugene, Dallas or both, and having 4 of the last 5 games on the road will prove too tough and we'll stumble somewhere.

I'm hoping that we have a chip on our shoulders, and go out and prove people wrong.
Prove that PT is a much better passer than people think. Prove that the loss of our former starting QB (now known as "The Idiot") has little if no impact, and did nothing more than bring the team closer together.
Prove that the OLine is better than expected and can blow holes open at will for AD and company to run through.
Prove that we have the best D in the land - ain't nobody getting past this D.
Prove that AD is the best back anywhere since Billy Sims. Prove that young guys like Malcolm Kelly and Juaquin Iglesias are ready to step up and be the men.
Prove that Coach Stoops and company are still the best coaches.
No poll here, but I'm optimistic about the 2006 Sooners.

olevetonahill
8/17/2006, 02:08 AM

:texan: succ
fixed :D

Octavian
8/17/2006, 02:11 AM

ahh...my bad.

I forgot about trolls who click on post icons...

*Disclaimer*

This is a Soonerfans.com pole for Sooner fans who don't give two ****s about the oppinions of 13-year-old girls whose dads just bought them their first Texas hat after winning a national championship for the first time since the Nixon Administration.

*Disclaimer*

If you somehow feel like engaging in grammar smack for the spelling of "pole," you should probably also ask your dad who Nixon was.

YWIA.

Octavian
8/17/2006, 02:23 AM

Sooners SUCK!

another click on the post-icon feature...

like a moth to the flame...you're every pre-teen guy's dream.

feel sorry for your poor dad...wherever he is

TheUnnamedSooner
8/17/2006, 08:03 AM
heh.

I'll let it slide since it was before the pole went up ;)

woah!! must have been REALLY early....

boomrsoonr
8/17/2006, 12:11 PM
A LOT of optimistic people here today. I'll happily take anything over 9-3, but that's my prediction. I think we lose to Oregon, Texas (but not my much), and I worry that we'll have the same refs we had last year against TTech. Of course, I've been wrong before. So let's keep our fingers crossed.

soonerinabilene
8/17/2006, 12:14 PM

best running back in the nation. a quarterback who has at least taken a college snap. best wr's in the big 12. best depth at d-line ive ever seen. playmakers all over the field at lb's and db's. mack having to actually coach again instead of saying, "uh vince, you wanna help me out here?" and our o-line has guys that have survived schmitty's workouts and didnt quit. they are gonna surprise a lot of people, i think. the key thing texas returns is their o-line, but OUr d-line is going to dominate them. you are more delusional than a poke.

stoopified
8/17/2006, 12:27 PM
I dunno how the season ends,but lets get it on!

soonerlaw
8/17/2006, 04:32 PM
I think UAB, Wash, MTSU, ISU and lOSUr will be easy wins. CU, Mizzou and Baylor will be tough, but I still think we are much better than those teams and we get W's there. Oregon will be very tough, especially on the road and early in the season. saxeT will also be tough, but because of their Frosh QB's, I think it will go our way. TTU, that one is hard to predict as you never know which team Leach is going to bring. I think the one sleeper is going to be TAMU. They fought hard last year with that backup qb (and even against UT), and its in College Station. That might well be our toughest game.

KC//CRIMSON
8/18/2006, 11:09 AM
This poll will close on 8/30/2006 at 06:21 PM

12-0 Headed to KC

#1 SOONER FAN, Ash, astro5169, auto, AzianSooner, bixby28, Blue, Blues1, boomersoonerdude, CU Sooner, Flagstaffsooner, homerSimpsonsBrain, Joe87OU1, JoeUSooner, mikeb, olevetonahill, oufan1, OUNC06, SoFla Sooner, Sooner-N-KS, SoonerFan80, SoonerForever, soonerhubler, soonerinabilene, SoonerMR2, soonersam, Soonerus, soonerworks, southern sooner, thebiglebowski, Tulsa_Fireman, turkey123

If you guys are gonna dream, dream BIG!:D

Desert Sapper
8/18/2006, 03:49 PM
We have the opportunity to win every game this year. That's how I voted. 12-0 headed to KC.

We start with two home games against inferior foes UAB and Washington. Barring something catastrophic, they will be cake walks. That will help get some confidence before we head to Autzen (and those people are supposed to be louder than aTm). I expect them to throw at us a bunch, unless we can dominate their front 5. Their RB Stewart will be good and tough to stop. MTSU won't be a challenge, especially not in Norman. UT will be tough, because they are the most talented team we play. We have, however, beaten more talented saxet teams than this year with less talented Sooner teams than this year before. Iowa State and CU will be home games, and they won't even be close. Mizzou and aTm on the road will be tough. Both of those teams play us hard in front of their home crowds. By then, though, we could be seriously on a rampage, especially if we beat Oregon and saxet. At least we get Tech at home. That and the ownership in the past of Tech (disregarding last year) will be in our favor. Baylor is going to be every bit as tough as they were last year (remember what we needed in the back corner of the endzone to win that one?). Fortunately Waco has what amounts to a big HS stadium in Texas. Stoolwater don't skeer me nun. 12-0

I think we see Nebraska in KC. I think we win. 13-0 headed to Glendale.

Chuck Bao
8/20/2006, 07:12 AM
I'm voting drinking heavily. That is sort of the least variable of all the scenarios listed above.

The Consumate Showman
8/20/2006, 09:57 AM
11-1, to KC.

No one will go undefeated this year in college fb. We win big enough against Nebbish, ranked #12, to impress the voters to send us to the MNC game against...................help me out, and PLEASE, no tosu's or domers...look somewhere other than ESPN for your info on these teams, they will NOT be that good. I thinking someone like WVU, FSU, Lswho, Auburn........

King Crimson
8/20/2006, 01:01 PM
I'm voting drinking heavily. That is sort of the least variable of all the scenarios listed above.

i'm impressed by your scientific turn of mind, Chuck. :D

Rogue
8/20/2006, 05:27 PM
TTU, that one is hard to predict as you never know which team Leach is going to bring. I think the one sleeper is going to be TAMU. ... and its in College Station. That might well be our toughest game.

Not bad Law, not bad.

Readyfor8
8/20/2006, 05:50 PM
Our toughest games will be Oregon, Texas, and A&M. If we eliminate mistakes in the first 3 games then our O will have enough confidence to win every game up to KC. Our slips near the end of the year have kept us out of the NC game in years past, and A&M on the road looks like a pitfall.

Our last 5 games have only one home game but I only see A&M as the only pitfall. Our schedule this year has 7-8 Bowl Teams with repeaters Baylor and one of the MidMajors making the post season. Texas, and Oregon are the season breakers.

Really I could see us 10-2 in KC but that wasn't a choice. Beating Texas puts us in the drivers seat in the south and a loss on the road at A&M will keep us in the BigXII Title Game, with a loss early to Oregon. I see a BCS Bowl with 2 losses this year and a win vs. Michigan or Notre Dame on our final game of the year would be icing on the cake.

Octavian
8/20/2006, 05:55 PM
Really I could see us 10-2 in KC but that wasn't a choice.

good point.

There's a scenario where we could lose to Oregon and Texas but Texas could drop games in Lincoln and Lubbock, sending us to Arrowhead.

There's a lot of possibilities....

and that seemed liked an aggy-ish hope so I didn't add it in...

Readyfor8
8/20/2006, 06:28 PM
I was thinking more like we drop oregon and A&M and A&M isn't going to only lose 1 game this season in the big 12. Not with Texas on the road and Nebraska, OU being the two previous outings. As a matter of fact I can see them dropping Tech early.

I think if we beat texas we should have the BigXII South wrapped up even if we drop one late.

bustedplay
8/20/2006, 07:36 PM
you know PT has played in a lot of BIG games. He may not have the skills JW had, but knows to be calm and a leader. With the new offense of pass and run game, he has some pretty good feet and knowledge. Don't get disapointed yet. Our D is the best since 2000 and running game best in decades. 11-1. The question is will the SOONERS be a fourth quarter team?

StoopTroup
8/20/2006, 08:18 PM
you know PT has played in a lot of BIG games. He may not have the skills JW had, but knows to be calm and a leader. With the new offense of pass and run game, he has some pretty good feet and knowledge. Don't get disapointed yet. Our D is the best since 2000 and running game best in decades. 11-1. The question is will the SOONERS be a fourth quarter team?
I was reading a few of your pasted posts and....

How the heck did you get all the neg spek with 7 posts?

bustedplay
8/20/2006, 08:54 PM
I know i dont post very much, just saying that we have good prospects. Nothing neg about this coming season.

Ash
8/20/2006, 09:20 PM
I know i dont post very much, just saying that we have good prospects. Nothing neg about this coming season.

He meant all the red dots under your post count.

Desert Sapper
8/20/2006, 09:28 PM
I was reading a few of your pasted posts and....

How the heck did you get all the neg spek with 7 posts?

Somebody must have dropped a serious spek hammer. I have no clue why. He doesn't seem to have any bad posts. It's a mystery.

sooneron
8/20/2006, 09:46 PM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/848/neghammah1ik.jpg

Desert Sapper
8/20/2006, 09:53 PM
Anybody know what this guy did to deserve the Thor negspek? (spek, BTW):D

sooneron
8/20/2006, 09:56 PM
I didn't even think that there were enough big spekkers to do that. Thanks dOleO.

Readyfor8
8/20/2006, 10:02 PM
Being that his name isn't very forthcoming with his loyalties. I would assume he got negged in the great 2005 Neg'em all and let god sort'em out campain against Texans on this board ;).

douxpaysan
8/20/2006, 10:06 PM
10-2 but still bowling for dollars... My eight ball says we lose early to UO or :texan: , also we lose to techtards or one of those conference road games. I drink the crimson koolaide [slurp]mmmmmmm[slurp]http://koolaide.onesite.com/images/thumb/koolaidman.jpg

boomrsoonr
8/20/2006, 10:31 PM

8 posts and you have that much negspek? No wonder you don't post much. :D

handcrafted
8/21/2006, 11:54 AM
Because there wasn't an option for "I don't judge my quality of life by what a bunch of 18-21 year old kids in funny hats do on Saturdays", I voted aggy. :D

I 'spect we'll lose 3 or 4, but then again...we could win the whole shmeer.

handcrafted
8/21/2006, 11:59 AM
SPEKHAMMER

I have got to quit drinking coffee and reading SF.com at the same time. Starbucks just doesn't feel that great coming out your nose. :P

Octavian
8/28/2006, 10:16 PM
With less than 5 days before kickoff:

45% think we'll be in the BigXII title game

45% think we'll have 2 losses or more

Desert Sapper
8/28/2006, 10:34 PM
With less than 5 days before kickoff:

45% think we'll be in the BigXII title game

45% think we'll have 2 losses or more

I'm guessing Saturday might do something to sway people one way or the other.

Octavian
8/28/2006, 10:37 PM
I'm guessing Saturday might do something to sway people one way or the other.

me too...that's why the pole closes before Saturday ;)

poke4christ
8/29/2006, 08:51 AM
I'm saying 9-3. I think there will still be a little bit of struggle with paul thompson. I say losses to Oregon, Texas, and either Iowa State, Texas Tech, or OSU. After that, most likely a trip to the cotton bowl.

Readyfor8
8/29/2006, 01:28 PM
I'm saying 9-3. I think there will still be a little bit of struggle with paul thompson. I say losses to Oregon, Texas, and either Iowa State, Texas Tech, or OSU. After that, most likely a trip to the cotton bowl.

Anyone who thinks we lose to Tech is insane. There is simply no way we lose to Tech this year, even if we didnt field a whole team. Even if we didn't have any players available except Oleg and Bob Stoops had to ride him around the field like a contestant in the Kentucky Derby.

Simply no way we lose to Texas Tech.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2006, 01:30 PM
Anyone who thinks we lose to Tech is insane. There is simply no way we lose to Tech this year, even if we didnt field a whole team. Even if we didn't have any players available except Oleg and Bob Stoops had to ride him around the field like a contestant in the Kentucky Derby.

Simply no way we lose to Texas Tech.

I giggled.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/29/2006, 01:34 PM
Somewhere around 7-9 wins. There's just too much inexperience at the lines to put this team over 10 wins right now.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2006, 02:02 PM
9 wins or more with our recent QB problem and I'll be satisfied.

soonerreign
8/29/2006, 06:20 PM
I have always hated it when the Sooners lose, but living in Texas only makes it worse. Come on boys, how about 12-0.

Octavian
9/1/2006, 09:20 PM
Too late to change your vote on the actual pole but if anyone has changed their mind and wants to go on record, now is the time...

MamaMia
9/2/2006, 08:58 AM
Is the poll closed? I wasn't allowed to vote. :confused:

For the record I would have said 0, not that it matters what I think.

Octavian
9/2/2006, 10:37 AM
Is the poll closed? I wasn't allowed to vote. :confused:

For the record I would have said 0, not that it matters what I think.

Sorry, Mom, it closed before gameday.

I was just thinkin' maybe someone had a last-minute change of heart and wanted to go on record so when we hoisted the BigXII trophy or got invaded by noobs after that Middle Tennessee St. loss that they'd be able to say "told ya so."

You are on record for 12-0, and yes, it matters ;)

MamaMia
9/4/2006, 09:13 PM
Sorry, Mom, it closed before gameday.

I was just thinkin' maybe someone had a last-minute change of heart and wanted to go on record so when we hoisted the BigXII trophy or got invaded by noobs after that Middle Tennessee St. loss that they'd be able to say "told ya so."

You are on record for 12-0, and yes, it matters ;)Thank you. Can I change my vote now?

I'm really just kidding. :P

Octavian
11/28/2006, 09:44 PM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3526/n28ouqq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:D

Octavian
11/28/2006, 09:45 PM
All you people who picked 11-1 have another reason not send Gordon a Christmas card

Blues1
11/28/2006, 09:50 PM
Fun to see this again - I think The Poll Does Show we were (Most of us) pretty right on with 47% saying 10 and 2 -- Can't remember was this poll done before the two idiot's or after...??

R'

olevetonahill
11/29/2006, 12:12 AM
I said 12 /0 headed for KC
I missed by ONE ;)

StoopTroup
11/29/2006, 12:19 AM
Same for me olevet...

I was optimistic by 1.

To be honest though...after Iowa St. I was hoping we could win out.

Never thought I'd see us going to KC as the whorns looked tough to beat then...

I still say this is some kind of payback for the bad duck call.

For those of you who picked us 9-3 or less....

http://stuckon-stupid.com/images/GomerPyle.bmp

SHAME SHAME SHAME ! ! ! :D

Readyfor8
11/29/2006, 12:45 AM
I was one of the few that picked 11-1 and headed to KC... Thats right, I am a frickin GOD!!!

Stinkin Gordon Reise...