PDA

View Full Version : Like I said...Oregon is talk'n SMACK!

StuIsTheMan
8/16/2006, 05:10 PM
form goducks.net

Now, let me say that many people questioned IOU even before Brett Romar (I decided to give him a real name) became Norman's highest paid car dealer. They have a one-dimensional offense. Its all AD. Unfortunately, the Ducks defense shouldn't be too shy of where it was a year ago. Last year the Ducks ate one-dimensional offenses for breakfast.

I think, more than worrying about the final score for this game, you should be wetting your pants about the speed (world-class) and height of Oregon's wide receivers. Oh yeah, you can shot them down with your two 6-1 and 6-0 corners. Then you get to try to stop Snoop out of the backfield.

I envy that job--lol.

--Prediction--
iOU:
UO:

snp
8/16/2006, 05:12 PM
When someone figures out what this thread is about, let me know.

TIA

StuIsTheMan
8/16/2006, 05:21 PM
I was hunting around the ducks message board and found that thread...thought you might want to take a look...

Big Red Ron
8/16/2006, 05:23 PM
Heh, the "Ducks."

TheUnnamedSooner
8/16/2006, 05:29 PM
do they speak english in oregon?

Widescreen
8/16/2006, 05:33 PM
form goducks.net

Now, let me say that many people questioned IOU even before Brett Romar (I decided to give him a real name) became Norman's highest paid car dealer. They have a one-dimensional offense. Its all AD. Unfortunately, the Ducks defense shouldn't be too shy of where it was a year ago. Last year the Ducks ate one-dimensional offenses for breakfast.
Interesting analysis considering the very last game they played WE BEAT THEM. And if anyone shouldn't be questioning Bomar's (Holiday Bowl MVP) ability, it's Oregon.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/16/2006, 05:39 PM
AD really started to turn it on against them near the end of the game, and had it not been for that crazy goal line stand where they slapped the ball out of his hand we would have beaten them by 10+ points.

And obviously they are not even giving our defense ANY credit this season.

achiro
8/16/2006, 05:53 PM
I was trolling around the ducks message board and started that thread...thought you might want to take a look...

Fixed that for ya.
http://p088.ezboard.com/ftheducksnetworkfrm1.showMessage?topicID=2291.topi c

tbl
8/16/2006, 05:56 PM
AD really started to turn it on against them near the end of the game, and had it not been for that crazy goal line stand where they slapped the ball out of his hand we would have beaten them by 10+ points.

You mean the same play that Tech got a TD out of?

achiro
8/16/2006, 05:58 PM
Oh, and I'm thinking that Ah-You is a DE which doesn't normally put him between the tackles.:(

TrophyCollector
8/16/2006, 05:59 PM
And obviously they are not even giving our defense ANY credit this season.

Yea and considering we will be better on D this season and pretty much shut them down the whole game I would think that D could be a factor this season as well.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/16/2006, 06:08 PM
You mean the same play that Tech got a TD out of?

Precisely

sooner518
8/16/2006, 06:12 PM
what does "iOU" mean?

let them talk all they want. who cares. we'll show them come September

picasso
8/16/2006, 06:29 PM
world class speed and tall receivers. I hope they don't lift weights too.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/16/2006, 07:06 PM
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/OregonDuckCheerleader1.jpg

FlatheadSooner
8/16/2006, 08:10 PM
Don't worry..........it's just Quack Smack. :P

GottaHavePride
8/16/2006, 08:40 PM
Quacks on smack!

Collier11
8/16/2006, 08:46 PM
form goducks.net

I think, more than worrying about the final score for this game, you should be wetting your pants about the speed (world-class) and height of Oregon's wide receivers. Oh yeah, you can shot them down with your two 6-1 and 6-0 corners. Then you get to try to stop Snoop out of the backfield.

I envy that job--lol.

--Prediction--
iOU:
UO:

who cares what oregon fans are saying, do you expect them to say that we are going to hand their azzes to them???

Soonerus
8/16/2006, 09:23 PM
Oregan fans still reeling from Oklahoman's sweeping into town and likely taking the NBA team...chip on their shoulder....

AzianSooner
8/16/2006, 10:04 PM
I had duckblood pizza to boot up my superman act on bed.

Jello Biafra
8/16/2006, 10:10 PM
until they are no longer O-fer against us, smack from them is non-exsistant.

mildpussy
8/16/2006, 10:24 PM
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/OregonDuckCheerleader1.jpg

for how long has boy george been a quackette?

goingoneight
8/16/2006, 10:24 PM
Oregon has done nothing to you all, folks. Belotti is a much different, much better coach than what, 50 years ago when we played them??? He puts together a good football team, has great fan support and as far as I've read and seen, he's always respected OU. Just as many UO fans do also. Don't let guys like DuckTruck upset you. They're just aggies with beaks.

westcoast_sooner
8/17/2006, 12:13 AM
Focus - go kick their butts and get ready for the next game. Oh - BTW - there are a couple of games before that - get ready for Washington first. Plenty of time to talk smack to a bunch of ducks.

starclassic tama
8/17/2006, 03:03 AM
Oregan fans still reeling from Oklahoman's sweeping into town and likely taking the NBA team...chip on their shoulder....

pretty sure that was washington buddy

achiro
8/17/2006, 07:45 AM
I guess nobody read my other two posts in this thread. He went over to their board and started talking smack. How were the ducks suppose to respond? I don't agree with what was said by the duck(he doesn't have a clue) but good gawd if you are going to go troll, at least know what you are talking about.

The VIIIth
8/17/2006, 08:08 AM
Just show this to any duck phan, they will flee in terror.
http://www.fantes.com/images/23211duck_press.jpg

Vegas Vic
8/17/2006, 09:14 AM
Oregon will be lucky to score more than 10 points in this game, and defensively, their front seven isn't as good as it was last year.

__________________________________________________ _________________

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7800/axisofevilhy1.jpg

sooneron
8/17/2006, 09:35 AM
Why can't other fans of teams get a real Message board layout? I hate that crap they use over there. It sucks.

Big Red Ron
8/17/2006, 09:43 AM
On Saturdays, if you aren't wearing red, you're dead.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2006, 09:46 AM
world class speed and tall receivers. I hope they don't lift weights too.

Plus, you forgot, "stylin'" uniforms. Were doomed, I's tells ya, doomed!!!

Quack 10
8/17/2006, 10:16 AM

Uh, isn't Seattle in Washington?

Also, soonergirl, you might want to PhotoShop the stripes on that sweater as well? It looks pretty "Iowa" to me.

I would agree that Oregon's defensive front seven isn't as good as last year, but y'all don't have Dusty anymore either.

I won't wager on the Ducks winning, but I'd take that "will be lucky to score 10-points" boast in a heartbeat.

Landthief 1972
8/17/2006, 10:23 AM
Great Stu... you put out duck bait, now we're up to our eyeballs in pin feathers and duck sh*t.

jwlynn64
8/17/2006, 10:34 AM
Uh, isn't Seattle in Washington?

Also, soonergirl, you might want to PhotoShop the stripes on that sweater as well? It looks pretty "Iowa" to me.

I would agree that Oregon's defensive front seven isn't as good as last year, but y'all don't have Dusty anymore either.

I won't wager on the Ducks winning, but I'd take that "will be lucky to score 10-points" boast in a heartbeat.

This sounds like an Oregon fan is upset because some Sooners are talking smack on Soonerfans.com:eek: Since it is a Sooner board, I think that you will read a lot of that on here.

You might want to head back to the GoQuack board if that offends you.

PS - BlondeSoonergirl, great pic. ;)

Quack 10
8/17/2006, 11:34 AM
This sounds [sic] like an Oregon fan is upset because some Sooners are talking smack on Soonerfans.com

So simply responding to a thread is being "upset"?

A little touchy, aren't you?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2006, 12:01 PM
I'm not going to talk smack because anything can happen, I do think, however, the Sooners will be prepared and just might surprise all the doomsday press talkin'.

What I don't get is why the UO fans are so sure that UO will win. I mean oh-fer against the Sooners should be a bit of reality dose there...

Quack 10
8/17/2006, 02:15 PM
What I don't get is why the UO fans are so sure that UO will win.

I don't know of any that are.

As far as the oh-fer business goes, that's a little distorted considering that the first two games were forty or more years ago, and that the Ducks were nothing but a paycheck-seeking punching bag in games three and four.

I've got no excuse for Norman 2004, except that the Ducks weren't a very good team that year, and the Sooners were everyone's #1.

I think most Duck fans believe Oregon would have prevailed in the HB if Clemens had played, and that this year's team should be at least as good as the team they fielded in San Diego. And of course, it's the first time the Ducks have gotten Oklahoma in Eugene.

Beyond that, I can tell you that the biggest reason I visit OU's boards is because you actually talk football sensibly. For the most part, Fresno fans invoke the heat and the home crowd into their reasoning (not unlike the way most Oregon fans think Autzen will win the game for UO) and have you ever attempted to discuss football with Stanford fans? They always revert to their academic supremacy, which is pretty boring for a football fan.

In any case, it's going to be a blast and an honor to have y'all visit us.

jwlynn64
8/17/2006, 02:19 PM
So simply responding to a thread is being "upset"?

A little touchy, aren't you?

Maybe I read too much into your post but it sounding like your were actually upset by the picture. :P

Quack 10
8/17/2006, 02:26 PM
Maybe I read too much into your post but it sounding like your were actually upset by the picture. :P

Nah, y'all are the kings of farking. It's a compliment to be included.

SoFla Sooner
8/17/2006, 09:18 PM
The ducks will be lucky to score at all on our defense this year. The only way they do is if we put in on the ground repeatedly inside the 20 (which of course might happen). This game could easily be a a 10-6 or 17-3 affair. The ducks losing streak continues.:rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
8/17/2006, 10:33 PM
Uo = OU's bitches

spaceman
8/17/2006, 11:00 PM
The ducks will be lucky to score at all on our defense this year. The only way they do is if we put in on the ground repeatedly inside the 20 (which of course might happen). This game could easily be a a 10-6 or 17-3 affair. The ducks losing streak continues.:rolleyes:The high powered Duck offense won't score more than 10 points on our defense. If their receivers couldn't shake our mediocre secondary last year, what are they going to do differently this time around? Our defensive ends were dominating in the last game and they will dominate in this game as well. We should be able to put up 27 points on their soft defense. Final score OU 27 Ducks 10.

Collier11
8/18/2006, 03:13 AM
By the way, for all of you who are scrambling for tix to the Oregon game I have to rub it in just a bit, but all in good fun, Oregon fraternities and sorrorities get a set amount of tix, and my buddies brother is a sigma chi at oregon. He has 5 friends who are selling us their tix for $20 a piece, that was easier than I thought :)

Eddie Money
9/5/2006, 12:54 AM
We have an interesting situation where I am - the Oregon National Guard deployed to Afghanistan, and they borrowed a few Infantry companies from Oklahoma, so we are surrounded by ducks, and boy do they have big heads after week 1. It will be nice to shut them up.