PDA

View Full Version : 1996 article on Blake

OUstud
8/16/2006, 03:40 PM
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_n34_v220/ai_18596119

Almost prophetic.

sooner518
8/16/2006, 03:55 PM
"I know for a fact that the situation (at Oklahoma) is at a low," says Blake, a nose tackle for the Sooners from 1979 to '82. "But I didn't realize how bad it was until I got here. We can't go down any further at OU."

hahahahahaha.

OUstudent4life
8/16/2006, 03:58 PM
We can't go down any further at OU.

That would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Oops. beat me to it.

TheGodfather889
8/16/2006, 04:03 PM
I love Bob. I remember how horrible the Blake era was along with the rest of the 90's. Thank You,Coach Stoops.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/16/2006, 05:27 PM
wow, nine passes, that's crazy

Widescreen
8/16/2006, 05:37 PM
I started to read that but frankly it's too long and Blake isn't worth it.

proudsoonergal
8/16/2006, 05:53 PM
It is really hard to believe that in 1996, OU was only four years away from winning a national championship. What a swing!

OKC-SLC
8/16/2006, 08:13 PM
blake was an absolute disaster; its magnitude is only surpassed by the wonder of his delusional comments since.

turkey123
8/16/2006, 08:54 PM
Just remeber though that a lot of the players he recruited were on our national championship team. He may not have been the best coach, but he did do a good job.

OUHOMER
8/16/2006, 09:01 PM
Just remeber though that a lot of the players he recruited were on our national championship team. He may not have been the best coach, but he did do a good job.

yes, he had a few good players, but please do not say he did a good job:rolleyes:

If he was at any other college he would not have had those players. They came to play at the University of Oklahoma

OUstud
8/16/2006, 10:06 PM
OK, now on that website, search for Howard Sch*ellen*erger and it takes you to another TSN article about how he was the best hire of the offseason.

sooneriniowa
8/17/2006, 06:16 AM
Hook 'em

That's what Hook 'em will be saying when :mack: is finally removed of his responsibilities.

NormanPride
8/17/2006, 10:20 AM
Let this be a reminder to people. Nothing. NOTHING we have ever had under Stoops could ever be as bad as the Dark Ages. ***** and *********** were hideous stains on our reputation, and drains on our beloved fanbase. Going 8-4 with a win in the Holiday Bowl is something that would have brought tears to our eyes in those dark times. Hell, going to the Independence Bowl and losing to Ole Miss was cause for celebration in '99!

So never, EVER, complain seriously about where we are now. Enjoy the wins AND losses, because even in loss we are 8 brazillion times better than we were back then. Last year's team that lost to TCU would have stomped a hole in any of Blake's unfortunate monstrosities. Whenever you feel angry, upset, or slighted about our performance, media coverage, or a rival's snotty response to your eloquent verbal thrashing of their very essence, just sit back and remember what it USED TO BE LIKE.

And for God's sake, have fun this year, people. This year is going to be a blast.

NWOSURanger
8/17/2006, 10:45 AM
Bravo, NormanPride, Bravo.

arenateam
8/17/2006, 11:16 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/college/img8157397.jpg

proudsoonergal
8/17/2006, 11:28 AM
Let this be a reminder to people. Nothing. NOTHING we have ever had under Stoops could ever be as bad as the Dark Ages. ***** and *********** were hideous stains on our reputation, and drains on our beloved fanbase. Going 8-4 with a win in the Holiday Bowl is something that would have brought tears to our eyes in those dark times. Hell, going to the Independence Bowl and losing to Ole Miss was cause for celebration in '99!

So never, EVER, complain seriously about where we are now. Enjoy the wins AND losses, because even in loss we are 8 brazillion times better than we were back then. Last year's team that lost to TCU would have stomped a hole in any of Blake's unfortunate monstrosities. Whenever you feel angry, upset, or slighted about our performance, media coverage, or a rival's snotty response to your eloquent verbal thrashing of their very essence, just sit back and remember what it USED TO BE LIKE.

And for God's sake, have fun this year, people. This year is going to be a blast.

Mucho spek.

stoopified
8/17/2006, 12:47 PM
That article gave no clue to the scope of disaster awaiting OUr team under Blake.In my mind it is the athletic equal to the Hindenburg .A big explosion that left the SOONER FAITHFUL in shock and dismay.