PDA

View Full Version : Micky Tettleton's Son

sooner94
8/16/2006, 02:19 PM
I read an article in the Dallas Morning News a couple of weeks ago about Micky Tettleton (former Major League Baseball player, including for the Rangers).

The article said he lives in Norman and his son was the QB for Norman HS last year when they won the state championship. True?

If so, what kind of prospect is the kid? I would appreciate if some of you Norman guys can provide some insight.

GoOwls
8/16/2006, 03:02 PM
Was he the Norman North QB? Regardless, neither won the state championship last year...

AllAboutThe'O'
8/16/2006, 11:58 PM
Wonder if his son eats Froot Loops before every game? If you remember, that was Mickey T.'s secret to a long and productive career in the bigs.

okienole3
8/17/2006, 02:38 AM
Yeah, his son started some games as a freshman last year. He is slated to be the starting qb this year too.

GDC
8/17/2006, 12:39 PM
Baseball has evolved with society over that period of time imo. No more "old school' lessons in the clubhouse. Rookies, some, come up and get free reign, which I PROMISE you never happned. My first minute in a big league clubhouse, I walk in, no one in the lockerroom in seattle but me, a clubhouse guy, and mickey tettleton. I stop, look across the lockerroom at him, he looks up, and drops "What the ................ are you looking at you rookie bitch!"
Ya, times have changed.

lukin254
9/7/2006, 11:18 PM
what's the deal with 1980s OSU baseball players living in Norman?

stoopified
10/12/2006, 12:14 PM
what's the deal with 1980s OSU baseball players living in Norman?
They have finally come to their senses and overcome orange brain disorder.

critical_phil
10/12/2006, 08:27 PM
Norman N. is playing on Cox7 in OKC right now.

critical_phil
10/12/2006, 11:20 PM
he threw for 345 in NN's loss to mustang.

i thought he looked really good, especially for being so young. he made several really good plays on 3rd and 4th down. very accurate on the short and intermediate routes.

unfortunately for tettleton, the best player on the field was the soon-to-be aggie for mustang.

The Consumate Showman
10/12/2006, 11:23 PM
he threw for 345 in NN's loss to mustang.

i thought he looked really good, especially for being so young. he made several really good plays on 3rd and 4th down. very accurate on the short and intermediate routes.

unfortunately for tettleton, the best player on the field was the soon-to-be aggie for mustang.

Rumor is that Tettleton, Jr. wants to get the hell outta Oklahoma...

birddog
10/12/2006, 11:25 PM
i saw tettleton play tonight. that kid has a decent arm and makes really good decisions. anyone know how tall he is? i figure by the time it's all said and done he'll be a d 1 prospect, as long as he's not 5'7.

wishboneTE
10/13/2006, 12:19 AM
He is listed (and appears to be) 6'. If so, unless he grows and gets some mobility, he ain't a D-1 QB.

birddog
10/13/2006, 09:01 AM
he is only a sophomore. it's hard to say who is a d 1 qb these days. someone like tcu or smu might be interested in 2 years. let's not write him off just yet.