PDA

View Full Version : Legends in Sports Rivalry dinner

mxATVracer10
8/16/2006, 12:29 PM
Did anyone else get to go? My brother's gf's parents bought a table and asked me and my pops to attend... Man, it was a good time! They showed a bunch of clips from the Switzer and Osborne eras, the best one IMO being the clip of when the Orange Bowl committee called Osborne and informed him that they were going to play OU again for the championship. The look on his face was hilarious. After the event and I got a poster signed by Switzer, Osborne, Spencer Tillman, Steve Zabel, Johnny Rodgers, and Mike Rozier. Billy bolted as soon as it was over with so I missed out on his. It was a lot more fun than I had expected for a suit coat and tie affair.:cool:

sooner n houston
8/16/2006, 12:53 PM
Sounds really cool!! Want to sell the poster?

mxATVracer10
8/16/2006, 02:30 PM
sorry, gonna hold on to it for a while :P The guy that invited me bought the original print of said poster for $550 during the live auction portion of the evening. :eek: Spencer Tillman was the auctioneer and did a damn fine job. In order to get that traditional "auctioneer" sound, he used his finger to do the bub-bub-bub-bub thing with his lips lol

OklahomaTuba
8/16/2006, 02:47 PM
Ok, so what was the dinner being served???!???!?

mxATVracer10
8/16/2006, 04:05 PM
It was some kind of pork that I thought was chicken actually lol.... One of those fancy expensive small portion meals.