PDA

View Full Version : Samuel L. Jackson on The Daily Show right now...

bri
8/15/2006, 10:24 PM
...this is the BEST INTERVIEW EVER!!!! If you get a chance, watch one of the replays. :D

PhilTLL
8/15/2006, 10:27 PM
You folks should charge for the marketing you're doing.

bri
8/15/2006, 10:30 PM
Hey, some people want to share the love of Jesus with the world. Others, Allah. Me? I want every person on this planet to wallow in the greatness that is SNAKES ON A MUTHAF*CKIN' PLANE!!!!!

:D

hurricane'bone
8/15/2006, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna see that movie **** drunk of Friday

bri
8/15/2006, 10:36 PM
Heh.

This is going to be the greatest thing that ever happened to America. Next to Beerfest, of course. :D

Blue
8/15/2006, 10:46 PM
I have no interest in seeing or renting this one.

It's a little too, "It's Counter-geek-culture, so it's cool!" for me. Reminds me of Anaconda. Fake snakes aren't scary.

[Forrest Gump] Sorry I ruined your Black Panther- Snakes on a Plane party.[/Forrest Gump]

bri
8/15/2006, 10:49 PM
The problem with Anaconda was that they tried to play it straight. There's nothing worse than a camp movie played straight.

picasso
8/15/2006, 10:51 PM
let me guess, just as in other movies Samuel L. Jackson plays...himself.

Blue
8/15/2006, 10:51 PM
The problem with Anaconda was that they tried to play it straight. There's nothing worse than a camp movie played straight.

Fair enough. I'll wait for the SO verdicts.

bri
8/15/2006, 10:52 PM
YOU'RE MOTHERF*CKIN' RIGHT HE DOES, AND IT'S MOTHERF*CKIN' GREAT!!!

proud gonzo
8/15/2006, 11:01 PM
This film's title originated at an after-work happy hour among Hollywood colleagues to see who could come up with the most awful pitch for a movie. Producer David Berenson, who worked for DreamWorks at the time, gave his pitch for this movie based on a script called "Venom."

supposedly.

bri
8/15/2006, 11:07 PM
And Sam Jackson signed to star without ever reading a single line of the script. All he needed was the title "Snakes On A Plane".

This is the Chuck Norris of movies. :D

critical_phil
8/15/2006, 11:19 PM
And Sam Jackson signed to star without ever reading a single line of the script..

well, that might explain Shaft.

and Sphere. and The Man. and Deep Blue Sea. and The Great White Hype...

bri
8/15/2006, 11:23 PM
You will NOT besmirch the guilty pleasure that is Deep Blue Sea, Slappy.

Blue
8/15/2006, 11:24 PM

Seeing ol' Sam get chomped in half by a great white was worth the price of admission.

bri
8/15/2006, 11:43 PM
He actually referenced that on Letterman last night. They showed a clip of him giving a "if you want to live, do what I say" speech and he was like, "Last time I made a speech like that, a giant shark ate me..."

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2006, 11:47 PM
YOU'RE MOTHERF*CKIN' RIGHT HE DOES, AND IT'S MOTHERF*CKIN' GREAT!!!

Does he have a snake skin wallet that says BAD MOTHERF*CKER?

Blue
8/15/2006, 11:48 PM
He actually referenced that on Letterman last night. They showed a clip of him giving a "if you want to live, do what I say" speech and he was like, "Last time I made a speech like that, a giant shark ate me..."

It was great in the fact it was totally unexpected. You were like, "Damn! That shark just ate Jules!"

bri
8/15/2006, 11:51 PM
That was one of the great "gotcha" moments in recent memory. It was fun going back to repeat screenings (yes, I saw DBS three times in the theaters) and watching the entire audience jump and give the same reaction each time: Screams that melt into laughter. :D

skycat
8/16/2006, 12:04 AM

This is exactly backwards.

GottaHavePride
8/16/2006, 12:36 AM

At least they made one correct move when they hired a Playmate. Wait, that was Boa vs. Python. Nevermind.

well, that might explain Shaft.

and Sphere.

Sphere suffered from them editing out all the parts of the book that made the story make sense.

Yeah! Because whoever that chick was, she stood around in nothing but soaking wet underwear waiting to get eaten by a shark for our enjoyment. And enjoy it we did. Almost as much as we enjoyed Deep Rising, where it was Famke Janssen, and a white tank-top instead of underwear.

Deep Rising was saved by a complete lack of Costas Mandylor.