PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Stadium expansion \ improvements

mrowl
8/15/2006, 05:38 PM
There is word going around that another fund-raising campaign is going to start to continue more work on some facilities. One of them mentioned is Memorial Stadium. I hope its true...

What is your wishlist for improvements?

1. Tear down the press box, build a new one that goes from end zone to end zone, and build it to match the new east side expansion. Which of course would contain more suites.

2. New HD video boards in both endzones, along with a new sound system.

3. Most of the restrooms need a major re-do.

trey
8/15/2006, 05:41 PM
1. beer
2. beer
3. more beer

Jello Biafra
8/15/2006, 05:45 PM

3. Most of the restrooms need a major re-do.

i'll say. the stalls at least need to be made larger. theres nothing i hate more than going to a game with 85,000+, after a day of eating mexicans and drinking beer, hitting the reverse gear when an empty stall becomes available and then spending the next 15 minutes rubbing the hair on the legs of the dude in the next stall while you blow mudd, lay cable, bust a growler, sheite through a screen........ i think you get the point.

in other words, just a lil more room would be cool.

fadada1
8/15/2006, 05:45 PM
CONOCO FIELD!!!!!!

GottaHavePride
8/15/2006, 05:48 PM
i'll say. the stalls at least need to be made larger. theres nothing i hate more than going to a game with 85,000+, after a day of eating mexicans and drinking beer, hitting the reverse gear when an empty stall becomes available and then spending the next 15 minutes rubbing the hair on the legs of the dude in the next stall while you blow mudd, lay cable, bust a growler, sheite through a screen........ i think you get the point.

in other words, just a lil more room would be cool.

Dude, I would never, ever crap in a bathroom at a stadium. Heck, I seriously avoid dumping in any public restroom, even the Fortress of Solitude.

Jello Biafra
8/15/2006, 05:49 PM
Dude, I would never, ever crap in a bathroom at a stadium. Heck, I seriously avoid dumping in any public restroom, even the Fortress of Solitude.

well eatin mexicans and drinking tends to get to my IBS :)

Ash
8/15/2006, 05:50 PM
...after a day of eating mexicans...
:eek:

TheUnnamedSooner
8/15/2006, 05:52 PM
2. New HD video boards in both endzones, along with a new sound system.

Didn't they just put a new one in the south endzone? They need one in the north. I think a new upperdeck over the n. endzone would look pretty intimidating....

Jello Biafra
8/15/2006, 05:57 PM
well eatin mexicans and drinking tends to get to my IBS :)

http://www.kurthanson.com/images/screenshots/0703/fat_bastard.jpg

TheUnnamedSooner
8/15/2006, 05:58 PM
mmmm....mexicans...

Jimminy Crimson
8/15/2006, 05:58 PM
Before we go with new projects, we need to finish the ones that were part of the previous campaign: redo the north and west bathrooms/concourses, fence around the practice fields that matches the new brick/wrought iron fence on the north side....I'm probably missing a few, too.

mrowl
8/15/2006, 06:02 PM
Didn't they just put a new one in the south endzone? They need one in the north. I think a new upperdeck over the n. endzone would look pretty intimidating....

yes, but the new one is the suck, and was probably the cheapest one they could buy. Now they have to upgrade to keep up with the rest of the big 12.

mrowl
8/15/2006, 06:02 PM
Before we go with new projects, we need to finish the ones that were part of the previous campaign: redo the north and west bathrooms/concourses, fence around the practice fields that matches the new brick/wrought iron fence on the north side....I'm probably missing a few, too.

its still odd that those kind of just "never happened". And I don't remember any word about why they didn't happen.

FlatheadSooner
8/15/2006, 06:52 PM
$%&^ the bathrooms..............go sheite at O'Connells.

How bout another 30,000 seats!!!!! :confused: :( :eek: ;)

Sonner magic923
8/15/2006, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=How bout another 30,000 seats!!!!! :confused: :( :eek: ;)[/QUOTE]

I second that

47straight
8/15/2006, 07:10 PM
Another 30,000 seats would prolly still sell out pretty quick.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/15/2006, 07:14 PM
I think we need a 100,000 seat stadium. I know we could fill it

umberto
8/15/2006, 07:42 PM
I agree with the more seats. Since Joe C. won't enclose the South end zone, how about a new upper deck from the east side upper deck all the way around to the west side upper deck. That would add at least 15 to 20K in seats. Plus it would make it a lot louder in the stadium.

Harry Beanbag
8/15/2006, 07:48 PM
I think we need a 100,000 seat stadium. I know we could fill it

As long as we're winning. When the next John Blake comes along it'll be half full.

OU_PhD
8/15/2006, 07:49 PM

No kidding. I never have and never will make mud in a stadium toilet. If they do anything to the restrooms, they should knock out all the toilets and put in more urinals then people can't stink it up and there'll be no line to ****.

crimson&cream
8/15/2006, 07:49 PM
As long as it isn't Black & Orange like now on the North endzone as we know who's colors are Black & Orange UGH.

Harry Beanbag
8/15/2006, 07:51 PM
No kidding. I never have and never will make mud in a stadium toilet. If they do anything to the restrooms, they should knock out all the toilets and put in more urinals then people can't stink it up and there'll be no line to ****.

Have you ever seen somebody **** in a urinal? It's not a pretty sight.

Desert Sapper
8/15/2006, 07:54 PM
As long as we're winning. When the next John Blake comes along it'll be half full.

I agree with the more seats people. We need to be the first team in the Big XII with 100,000+.

sooneron
8/15/2006, 07:55 PM
They just did the north end. They are not going to put an upper deck on it. They would be better off building two "floating" sections in the south corners. That would add about 7k.

XingTheRubicon
8/15/2006, 07:58 PM

I agree with the more seats people. We need to be the first team in the Big XII with 100,000+.

It's already underway at ATM.

Desert Sapper
8/15/2006, 08:00 PM
Link?

OUAndy1807
8/15/2006, 08:03 PM
I think they should upgrade the concessions and women's restrooms on the north and west field level, turn the west mezzanine into offices, redo Stoops office and finish the wrought iron gate around the practice field.

goingoneight
8/15/2006, 08:48 PM
A 1,000 YARD FIELD!!! AD needs some running room!

Seriously, Howsaboot, swinging completely around and closing in the whole damn thing. We could call it the Sooner Bowl!

OUstud
8/15/2006, 09:31 PM
If we're going to bowl it in, then the south endzone seats have to go. That could possibly work, except then the locker rooms/Barry Switzer Center would have to be razed.

OUAndy1807
8/15/2006, 09:43 PM
closing it in doesn't create seats between the 20's, so I don't look for it to happen in the next 25 years

setem
8/15/2006, 09:46 PM
I think they should install sling shots on the backs of each chair. That way we don't have to hurt our arms throwing crap onto the field.

AND/OR

Spikes in the backs of the chairs so the bastard kids behind me wont kick it anymore.

AND/OR
Beer spouts on each row of bleachers and one on each backed chair.

I really do like the idea of a bowl for us. I like the shoe look we have now. I think whatever they come up with will look sharp.

How about zip-lines that go from upper deck to upper deck so we can zip back and forth. You know so we can see our friends on the other side of the stadium in a flash or so those people who are on the phone going "DO YOU SEE ME NOW? I AM THE ONE IN THE OU SHIRT?" can shut up for once.

sooneron
8/15/2006, 09:46 PM
How about a "hook up" at every seat for the guys that don't want to miss the game?

setem
8/15/2006, 09:51 PM
"hook up"?

As in sex?

sooneron
8/15/2006, 09:58 PM
"hook up"?

As in sex?
Think like a catheter, but not as uncomfortable. Like in space..

AllAboutThe'O'
8/15/2006, 10:22 PM
We don't have to have big video boards behind both end zones, but I think it's time for a new, bigger scoreboard in the south end zone. Plus, we need to have a larger video board. Arkansas has a pretty sweet JumboTron, which was the largest of its kind for any college football stadium. I believe the new one Nebraska is building is going to be bigger (royalfan5, can you confirm that?). I think Texas is going to get a larger video board, too. But it's definitely time for a scoreboard upgrade.

Jello Biafra
8/15/2006, 10:30 PM
We don't have to have big video boards behind both end zones, but I think it's time for a new, bigger scoreboard in the south end zone. Plus, we need to have a larger video board. Arkansas has a pretty sweet JumboTron, which was the largest of its kind for any college football stadium. I believe the new one Nebraska is building is going to be bigger (royalfan5, can you confirm that?). I think Texas is going to get a larger video board, too. But it's definitely time for a scoreboard upgrade.

if it is going to be bigger they'll just put a super sized sticker of an ear of corn on it....

TheGodfather889
8/15/2006, 10:39 PM
I rarely go into the bathrooms at Owen Field. They are nasty and the game is too important. I don't want to miss a play.

47straight
8/15/2006, 11:09 PM

What was average attendance then? It seems to be that it was still well into the mid-60's.

Sooner98
8/15/2006, 11:11 PM
Retractable roof.

;)

Jason White's Third Knee
8/16/2006, 08:34 AM
Proud to say that I took a long relaxing crap in NO just before the start of the Sugar Bowl. People were banging on the door, but how often do you get to crap at a BCS championship? I took my time.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/16/2006, 08:38 AM

They should have that everywhere. That's a five star restaurant service.

Here's one that should fly, but won't. Lazyboys that hook up to a central vacuum system. Whenever you or your buddies have gas, just hit the switch and out of the house it goes. Man that would be great. Have to start that one off in europe though.

fadada1
8/16/2006, 08:50 AM
reading through this thread, i'm seeing a trend. basically, we want to clean the bathrooms (when catheters aren't being used), install beer fountains on each row, have big breasted sorority girls as "ushers", and the "piece de resistance" - a zip-wire connecting the two upper decks.

i think we have some workable suggestions here, folks. good work. now who's going to draw up a proposal for david boren????

Jason White's Third Knee
8/16/2006, 09:13 AM
reading through this thread, i'm seeing a trend. basically, we want to clean the bathrooms (when catheters aren't being used), install beer fountains on each row, have big breasted sorority girls as "ushers", and the "piece de resistance" - a zip-wire connecting the two upper decks.

i think we have some workable suggestions here, folks. good work. now who's going to draw up a proposal for david boren????

Think Beano would do an 'artist's rendering'?

fadada1
8/16/2006, 09:46 AM
Think Beano would do an 'artist's rendering'?
i think that would be appropriate... especially with a formal proposal.

Zing
8/16/2006, 11:50 AM
Actually, one of my favorite things about Owen Field is that they don't sell beer at the games. It seems like every time I go to an away game at OSU or Dallas I get somethin' foul spilled on me. Or down my shoe.

Jimminy Crimson
8/16/2006, 12:19 PM
It seems like every time I go to an away game at OSU or Dallas I get somethin' foul spilled on me. Or down my shoe.

Like Coke or Dr Pepper? :eek:

Jason White's Third Knee
8/16/2006, 12:41 PM
Actually, one of my favorite things about Owen Field is that they don't sell beer at the games. It seems like every time I go to an away game at OSU or Dallas I get somethin' foul spilled on me. Or down my shoe.

NCAA doesn't allow beer sales at games. The RRS has beer OUTSIDE of the stadium.

CORNholio
8/16/2006, 02:18 PM
Oh yeah, public catheters man's most sanitary invention.

stoopified
8/16/2006, 03:00 PM
As long as we're winning. When the next John Blake comes along it'll be half full.BITE YOUR TONGUE! THERE IS ONLY ONE BOO,THANK GOD.

BigUgly
8/16/2006, 04:03 PM
Tear down the press box, build a new one that goes from end zone to end zone, and build it to match the new east side expansion.

If we do that, is it too much to axe for a new PA announcer as well?

AllAboutThe'O'
8/16/2006, 10:17 PM
If we do that, is it too much to axe for a new PA announcer as well?
As long as when the Sooners make a first down, he doesn't incite the crowd with a "That's another Oklahoma Sooner......" and the crowd responds "First Down!!!" like they do at places like Arkansas and Kansas State. That has even seeped into the high school level.