PDA

View Full Version : I Hope Thompson is self meditating..saying "This is it baby!"

OUrOUned
8/15/2006, 04:47 PM
Boy I certainly hope he is in his room at night in self meditation going..."OK, its my time...its my time"....I mean, to think we really ONLY saw a few snaps during the TCU debacle.....c'mon Paul its YOUR turn baby!

BTW..great pic of Peterson on front page of Yahoo sports!

fadada1
8/15/2006, 05:03 PM
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9514/stuart1fj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OUster
8/15/2006, 05:23 PM
Nah, I hope he has a huge chip on his shoulder from everything that happened last year. Playing with something to prove may serve him well. I am a fan of his, so I say it with respect, but I think he may have played too docile before. Anger can be a gift sometimes, so, I say, use it. Just my $.02

OUrOUned
8/15/2006, 05:34 PM
yeah...fadata...gay sounding or not...when you have a chance in the spotlight mucho dinero could be around the corner. But I'll take a chip on the shoulder attitude as well....whatever it takes!

fadada1
8/15/2006, 05:45 PM
i think i was trying to be silly. apparently it didn't go over very well;)

critical_phil
8/15/2006, 05:54 PM
everytime i read the football board, i feel dumberer and dumberer...

OUrOUned
8/15/2006, 06:08 PM
admittedly I cracked up when I saw the pic.

FlatheadSooner
8/15/2006, 06:40 PM
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9514/stuart1fj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I'm a wonderful quarterback, have a super arm, and dogonut..............I like myself. :)

:D

OUrOUned
8/15/2006, 06:54 PM
http://http://imageshack.us/

Actually he's saying "Oh I just love to run and skip and dash to the endzone...I just get...well..all tingly inside (add Carson Kressley voice over for your own 'fulfillment').

umberto
8/15/2006, 07:37 PM
I originally read this as "self-medicating". <Homer voice> Stupid reading skills! </Homer Voice>

jackietreehorn
8/15/2006, 07:38 PM
see i think paul should meet with a fellatiologist the night before and the morning of the game to help clear his mind and relax.... just me though :D

goingoneight
8/15/2006, 08:59 PM
everytime i read the football board, i feel dumberer and dumberer...

Apparently you haven't read www.hornfans.com or www.o-state.com , have you?

goingoneight
8/15/2006, 09:00 PM
I thinks people are gonna say "Vince Young" all year long until it makes him crazy... should haelp him out in the long run.

GDC
8/16/2006, 12:56 PM
Several Big 12 teams lack experienced quarterbacks
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
8/16/2006

Perhaps Ron Prince knows something the rest of us do not. Or maybe Kansas State's first-year football coach will alter his attitude come late November.

Prince made an interesting comment to local media members last week when asked if he was concerned about the Wildcats' sudden lack of depth at quarterback.

"I coach smart, not scared," Prince said.

Oh, OK, coach.

Perhaps Prince's flippant remark was a defense mechanism. A tool to mask the serious concern he actually feels after losing three quarterbacks since the end of spring drills. Prince is just one of several Big 12 coaches who should be afraid these days. Very, very afraid. Because of a lack of quarterback experience or depth (or both), some of the league's veterans aren't scared to admit they need to coach this season like their hair's on fire.

The Big 12 enters its second decade of existence in 2006. It's difficult to recall a time over the first 10 years when so many teams faced as much uncertainty at quarterback that now exists around the conference.

What makes this preseason unique is the number of unexpected events during fall camp that have added mystery to the quarterback quandary.

We had a hint it was going to be an abnormal season at the game's most-important position when most preseason Big 12 polls declared Iowa State had the best quarterback in Bret Meyer. The Cyclones didn't have a quarterback make the all-Big 12 first team the past 10 seasons.

Conventional wisdom was that Oklahoma redshirt sophomore Rhett Bomar would push Meyer for all-conference honors by season's end. But then Bomar got himself kicked off the team two weeks ago for breaking an NCAA rule.

Less than a week after the Bomar bombshell, Nebraska coach Bill Callahan confirmed that blue-chip sophomore Harrison Beck had left the team. Scheduled to back up Zac Taylor this season, Beck was expected to eventually push Bomar for all-Big 12 votes.

Two days after Beck bolted for North Carolina State, Prince confirmed that Allan Evridge had quit at K-State. The Wildcats, who had five quarterbacks during the spring, were down to two before Prince put a walk-on on scholarship after Evridge quit.

Evridge started six games last season under former coach Bill Snyder and appeared to have secured the top job during spring drills. But when he found himself listed No. 3 on the depth chart at the start of fall camp, a disenchanted Evridge decided it was time to pursue other opportunities.

Senior Dylan Meier (a starter in 2004) and freshman Josh Freeman were the only quarterbacks left until freshman Carson Coffman received a last-minute scholarship.

At one time, Callahan thought Freeman would add quality depth this season for the Huskers behind Taylor and Beck. But when Prince replaced Snyder, he convinced Freeman to change his mind, and the standout from Kansas City, Mo., miffed Nebraska coaches when he let them know about the switch via text message.

If you're keeping score at home, the developments the past two weeks have left only four Big 12 teams with returning starters at quarterback. Meyer, Taylor, Baylor's Shawn Bell and Oklahoma State's Bobby Reid.

Reid, however, was limited to five starts as a redshirt freshman because of injuries and inconsistent play. Meyer, Taylor and Bell all started at least nine games.

Suddenly, the conference that had the nation's best player and biggest name at quarterback last season in Texas' Vince Young, has become a league of no names at the position.

It's also become a Big 12 soap opera, with Callahan apparently making the best out of his unexpected situation. Two days after Beck left Lincoln, Nebraska signed junior-college prospect Brian Hildebrand.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder isn't just another warm body signed to fill up the depth chart.

Considered a top prospect coming out of high school in Corona, Calif., Hildebrand originally signed with Oregon State before transferring to Mt. San Antonio (Calif.) Junior College, where he started five games last year before a hand injury ended his season.

Hildebrand, who has three years of eligibility remaining, was still available because he was awaiting results on a final examination he needed to finish work on his junior college degree.

The fact Nebraska was able to locate and sign Hildebrand so quickly makes one wonder if OU even knew he was available.

The Huskers appear to already have solid backups in Joe Ganz and Beau Davis, so Hildebrand may have found a better opportunity awaiting him in Norman.

OU remains confident it can reach all its goals with Paul Thompson replacing Bomar. But backup Joey Halzle has yet to demonstrate he can compete at the Big 12 level.

And speaking of the level of play in the Big 12, that brings us back to Prince's comment. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say after his first journey through eight Saturdays of conference play with only one experienced quarterback.

It's a trip that scared the bejesus out of some really smart coaches the past decade..

hybridworks
8/16/2006, 04:47 PM
I thinks people are gonna say "Vince Young" all year long until it makes him crazy... should haelp him out in the long run.

I think ENA is a better natural athlete than Young is. I think under this new offense that he will be in a good position to make better decisions... my .02...

FlatheadSooner
8/16/2006, 08:48 PM
I think ENA is a better natural athlete than Young is. I think under this new offense that he will be in a good position to make better decisions... my .02...

I'd like to believe that if / when PT get's his groove on his passing game, he's going to be a dangerous pass / run threat!! :)

SoonerJLB
8/16/2006, 09:37 PM
taking unearned money from Auto Dealerships like Buckmar.
You go get you some...PT! We got your back.