PDA

View Full Version : Price of student season tickets?

achiro
8/15/2006, 03:29 PM
My bro in law is working on his masters at osucks and was planning on getting student season tickets. I thought about getting one or helping him out to get the OU tickets out of the deal. They are $200 for the sports pass but then he has to pay another $200 for basketball.

I was wondering how the cost of OU student tickets compared?

mdklatt
8/15/2006, 03:36 PM
My bro in law is working on his masters at osucks and was planning on getting student season tickets. ... They are $200 for the sports pass but then he has to pay another $200 for basketball.

What, they don't charge a premium for wrasslin, too?

GottaHavePride
8/15/2006, 04:04 PM
Football season tickets were something like $180? I think.

Boomhauer
8/15/2006, 04:46 PM
$145 per season ticket

King Crimson
8/15/2006, 04:51 PM
$145 per season ticket

that's amazing, i bought student/faculty tix all through the early 00's at CU for about 50$.

about 20 rows up, at the 40 behind the CU bench.

i also drank alot of imported beer selling those tix when OU was playing on TV.

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2006, 04:57 PM
That's unreal. Our tickets to whatever we want are free.
Just go up to the ticket counter at the student union, show your ID, and you get a ticket.
They can't be resold though becuase they have STUDENT across them and you have to show your ID along with the ticket at the gate.

achiro
8/15/2006, 05:12 PM
Well apparently they are cracking down on these tickets being resold as well. Buyer beware if you decide to buy student section tickets from someone for that game.

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2006, 05:13 PM
Whenver I've gone to OU games in the past I've used an OU student ticket that whatever friend of mine at OU got for me. Technically I'm a student just not an OU student. :D

royalfan5
8/15/2006, 05:16 PM
Just go up to the ticket counter at the student union, show your ID, and you get a ticket.
They can't be resold though becuase they have STUDENT across them and you have to show your ID along with the ticket at the gate.
I'm pretty sure there is a huge difference in the supply and demand curve intersections between OU and Baylor, or Baylor and schools with real football programs.

royalfan5
8/15/2006, 05:20 PM
Well apparently they are cracking down on these tickets being resold as well. Buyer beware if you decide to buy student section tickets from someone for that game.
At Nebraska you have to pay a validation fee(which is the difference between face value and student price) and present the validated student ticket to use it. If you transfer between students you have to present you ID card for being scanned to prove your full time status. You also must present your ID card for verification with your regular tickets. I'm sure if OU doesn't have that type of policy now, they will have it soon.

GottaHavePride
8/15/2006, 05:38 PM

Yeah, you should still be able to upgrade the tickets. You pay the difference between the student ticket price and face at one of the ticket winows on gameday (usually about $20 or so) and they'll put an upgrade sticker on it so you don't have to have a student ID to use it.

fadada1
8/15/2006, 05:43 PM
freshman year at OU - $20 for football, $20 for basketball (equated to $1 per game).

Sooner24
8/15/2006, 05:52 PM
freshman year at OU - $20 for football, $20 for basketball (equated to $1 per game).

Was that in 1912?

fadada1
8/15/2006, 05:57 PM
Was that in 1912?
what're ya sayin'???:D

mdklatt
8/16/2006, 10:36 AM

But what kind of fees does Baylor charge to support the athletic department? OU is one of the few universtities in the nation to have a self-sufficient (i.e. no student fees) athletic department.

Boomer.....
8/16/2006, 11:12 AM
But what kind of fees does Baylor charge to support the athletic department? OU is one of the few universtities in the nation to have a self-sufficient (i.e. no student fees) athletic department.

But we have 1000 other fees.

SicEmBaylor
8/16/2006, 03:18 PM

They add it into the tuition I think, so I guess one way or another we actually are paying. I don't know how much; because, I've never bothered to check.

mdklatt
8/16/2006, 03:20 PM
I don't know how much; because, I don't pay the bills anyway.

;)

King Crimson
8/16/2006, 03:22 PM
Was that in 1912?

when i started going to games with my pops in 1975 tickets were 12$ each.