PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Senate Ag hearings tomorrow

royalfan5
8/15/2006, 03:25 PM
in Grand Island, Nebraska. Should be interesting, and I will get to hear lots o' farmers b***h. This will be the first hearing since Doha collasped, and it should be interesting to see if cash is still going to get tossed around like it has in the past, or their will be a push for reductions even with the collaspe of the Doha round.(Probably depends on how competive the Democrats are in farm belt races)

royalfan5
8/16/2006, 04:36 PM
I enjoyed my self at the hearing, and got to eat a prime rib lunch courtesy of special interests with Senator Chambliss of Georgia who is the chairman of the commitee. It was a true learning experience, and I found out there are still Lyndon Larouche supporters out there.

King Crimson
8/16/2006, 04:40 PM
isn't Larouche in jail?

royalfan5
8/16/2006, 04:40 PM
isn't Larouche in jail?
I think he's out now.

walkoffsooner
8/16/2006, 05:01 PM
Wheat prices suck. Hay is high if there was any. Cattle high. But can't keep due to no hay. Cotton decent if had any but drought killed it. But the politicians keep calling, wanting me to give more money to education. glad I have a second job.

royalfan5
8/16/2006, 05:05 PM
Wheat prices suck. Hay is high if there was any. Cattle high. But can't keep due to no hay. Cotton decent if had any but drought killed it. But the politicians keep calling, wanting me to give more money to education. glad I have a second job.
HRW Wheat is at 5 year highs and above the target prices. Corn prices and bean prices are much worse than wheat prices, Milo isn't much better. That is partly fueling the profits in beef and hogs, but dairying is 2 dollars below breakevens.

walkoffsooner
8/16/2006, 06:37 PM
How about fertilizer prices. Compared to wheat being up. I look for profit being up not prices. Irrigation electric bill 750.00 per circle

royalfan5
8/16/2006, 06:44 PM
How about fertilizer prices. Compared to wheat being up. I look for profit being up not prices. Irrigation electric bill 750.00 per circle
There up to, but you were b*****g about wheat prices, those are as good as they are going to be. If people had any sort of yield and marketing planthey should turn a profit this year on HRW. The HRS folks are the ones who have it hard.

walkoffsooner
8/16/2006, 06:55 PM
Is talking called bitching where you are from? Are you a farmer or just educated?

royalfan5
8/16/2006, 06:56 PM
Is talking called bitching where you are from? Are you a farmer or just educated?
Both.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/16/2006, 06:57 PM
Stupid - The Long Winters

Edit: I can't believe I did this.

walkoffsooner
8/16/2006, 07:03 PM
So you are a bitcher and a farmer? Get in line:)

royalfan5
8/16/2006, 07:07 PM
So you are a bitcher and a farmer? Get in line:)
Yep. In my price demand class this spring, one of the non-Ag folks asked the professor if there was ever a time that farmers weren't b******g, and he replied once, for a couple of months in 1973. Of course a lot of the time it's justified, but there is a lot of reverse bragging in there too. Of course, my main interests are cattle, so I can't complain too much right now. But that will change soon enough.

walkoffsooner
8/16/2006, 09:05 PM
Are you saying to sell?

royalfan5
8/16/2006, 09:09 PM
Are you saying to sell?
Not right away, but the long term trends are bearish. Of course drought will hold things at the top of the cycle. All signs point to cattle be lower this time next year, by how much I don't know.