PDA

View Full Version : I thought this would warm Norms heart..

BudSooner
8/15/2006, 03:10 PM
Wal-Mart posts 1st profit fall in decade

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. posted its first profit decline in a decade Tuesday as the world's largest retailer paid a hefty price for closing its loss-making German stores while high energy prices hit its sales and costs at home.

Wal-Mart is remodeling about 1,800 U.S. stores to make them more attractive. Gher said that program is increasing expenses at the same time as it disrupts sales in those stores.
At the end of the day, it's still a f'n walmart, attractive? how about bringing in golf carts for people who don't want to walk 8 miles to get from the milk to the school supplies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060815/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_wal_mart

BajaOklahoma
8/15/2006, 07:56 PM
They built an upscale WalMoart in west Plano (that's a serious money area for the non-Dallas peeps). Solid wood floors, no laminate here. Extra-wide aisles. Not sure what else - I don't have the income to qualify to shop there.

mrowl
8/15/2006, 08:24 PM
They built an upscale WalMoart in west Plano (that's a serious money area for the non-Dallas peeps). Solid wood floors, no laminate here. Extra-wide aisles. Not sure what else - I don't have the income to qualify to shop there.

its still walmart. out.

OUinFLA
8/15/2006, 08:29 PM

Just wait until the Nigerian or Russian money hits our mad-money bank account, Ill take ya to that ther WallyWorld. Nuthin's too good for you Sweetie. Heck, we'll just rent us one of those parkin lot golpher carts too.

Seriously.

Norm In Norman
8/15/2006, 09:21 PM
HA! SUCK THOSE PROFITS, WAL-MART!

afs
8/15/2006, 09:27 PM
it's not as though they didn't make any money for the quarter, they just didn't make as much as they're use to making.

BeetDigger
8/16/2006, 12:28 PM

Place is nice. Many traditional wal-mart items but many higher end items too. It is an very interesting store to watch (which is my job) to see how it does and what impact it may have on the grocery and retail landscape. There are many elements in it that attract the Target shopper and many that are targeting the Whole Foods shopper.