PDA

View Full Version : Band of Brothers

VeeJay
8/14/2006, 08:55 PM
Bought the box set a couple of years ago - currently watching it for the second time.

That is absolute greatness. All the way.

tbl
8/14/2006, 09:00 PM
Indeed. I watched the entire series when it came on the History Channel. They filter through a lot of the unnecessary cussing, but leave all the realistic violence. It's one of the best war movies evar, if not the best.

Okla-homey
8/14/2006, 09:16 PM
Indeed. I watched the entire series when it came on the History Channel. They filter through a lot of the unnecessary cussing, but leave all the realistic violence. It's one of the best war movies evar, if not the best.

There is no such thing as unnecessary cussing when you're talking about jumping out of an airplane at night at 800' with 80 pounds of crap hooked to you -- especially under fire.

Besides, as any GI can tell you, the f-word is the most versatile word in the English language...verb, noun, personal pronoun, adjective, adverb. It does 'em all. ;)

VeeJay
8/14/2006, 09:42 PM
There is no such thing as unnecessary cussing when you're talking about jumping out of an airplane at night at 800' with 80 pounds of crap hooked to you -- especially under fire.

Word. Not having served, I can't relate. But I respect and honor those who have gone before me and those who are still getting it done.

picasso
8/14/2006, 11:01 PM

Besides, as any GI can tell you, the f-word is the most versatile word in the English language...verb, noun, personal pronoun, adjective, adverb. It does 'em all. ;)
yep, and those guys cussed like sailors. Webster talks about it in his book.

my fav episode is either Crossroads or Breaking Point.