PDA

View Full Version : Leinart signs (finally?)

AllAboutThe'O'
8/14/2006, 08:39 PM
Just came across the wire on ESPN, a tentative six-year deal with the Cardinals.
Every first-round draftee has now signed.
Gee, ya think Denny Green calling him out at a presser today had anything to do with Leinart finally inking a deal?

Soonerfan88
8/14/2006, 08:47 PM
Nah, it's because Paris Hilton has decided to try celibacy and he has nothing better to do. BTW, anyone else find it coincidental that she suddenly got morals after dating Matty? How bad does that make him in the sack? :eek:

I guess it could be worse, she could have decided to become a lesbian. :D

hurricane'bone
8/14/2006, 08:48 PM
hooray!

Soonerus
8/14/2006, 08:51 PM
I hate to be negative but I hope Leinart bombs out....

AllVol
8/14/2006, 09:02 PM

I wouldnt mind that myself... For 3 years we've heard how perfect he is for the NFL... Id like for him to not do so well, so these guys who kissed his and USC's @ss for so long have to eat a litte crow...

soonersam
8/14/2006, 09:18 PM
what a loser.. get into camp and prove yourself before you demand millions

Harry Beanbag
8/14/2006, 09:21 PM
what a loser.. get into camp and prove yourself before you demand millions

He would have gotten millions two weeks ago, he was just butt hurt about dropping to the 10th pick and wanted top 5 pick money. Instead he has missed 17 practices and one preseason game. Absolutely stupid.

bixby28
8/14/2006, 09:22 PM
It's a wonder what Jason White could have done in the NFL. Besides two questionable knees there really wasn't anything left for him to prove as a passer. Prior to the surgeries i would have taken him over Leinart any day of the week

soonersam
8/14/2006, 09:24 PM
He would have gotten millions two weeks ago, he was just butt hurt about dropping to the 10th pick and wanted top 5 pick money. Instead he has missed 17 practices and one preseason game. Absolutely stupid.
he would of played half the game last week against the steelers.

Harry Beanbag
8/14/2006, 10:00 PM
he would of played half the game last week against the steelers.

Yep. Navarre sucks the big one.

westcoast_sooner
8/14/2006, 11:09 PM
Nah, it's because Paris Hilton has decided to try celibacy and he has nothing better to do. BTW, anyone else find it coincidental that she suddenly got morals after dating Matty? How bad does that make him in the sack? :eek:

I guess it could be worse, she could have decided to become a lesbian. :D

LMAO. I can't help but have this image of her pulling up to Cardinals practice in a pink convertible, with her stupid little dog, while he's about to get sacked by Cardinal D-Line.

Couldn't happen to a nicer couple.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/15/2006, 12:36 AM
LMAO. I can't help but have this image of her pulling up to Cardinals practice in a pink convertible, with her stupid little dog, while he's about to get sacked by Cardinal D-Line.

Couldn't happen to a nicer couple.
A reality show with Paris and Leinart would be funnier than The Simple Life and the Nick and Jessica show combined.

Desert Sapper
8/15/2006, 12:53 AM
I've hated Leinfart since his weak interview after the '05 OB. There really is such a thing as adding INSULT to INJURY. By God, we were injured. I hope he gets both his legs broken in his NFL debut. Even if it makes me a bad person to think so. Oh, and I hope he gets in a fist fight with somebody cool like Brian Urlacher. You know, one in which he leaves looking like (to quote Jim Croce) 'a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone'. That sort of sums it up, short of the prison term with a bum kiddie-rapist rap, the repossession of his car by the state, his girlfriend cheating on him with his mom, and his kidnapping by a Russian drug dealer for sleeping with the guy's wife.

...of course, I'll settle for a decent rookie butt-whooping in his first season.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/15/2006, 12:57 AM
I've hated Leinfart since his weak interview after the '05 OB. There really is such a thing as adding INSULT to INJURY. By God, we were injured. I hope he gets both his legs broken in his NFL debut. Even if it makes me a bad person to think so. Oh, and I hope he gets in a fist fight with somebody cool like Brian Urlacher. You know, one in which he leaves looking like (to quote Jim Croce) 'a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone'. That sort of sums it up, short of the prison term with a bum kiddie-rapist rap, the repossession of his car by the state, his girlfriend cheating on him with his mom, and his kidnapping by a Russian drug dealer for sleeping with the guy's wife.
Maybe he'll become a compulsive gambler and get sent up the river, a la Art Schlichter.

SOONER44EVER
8/15/2006, 01:56 AM
Remember after his Jr. year when he was a sure #1 pick but he stayed in college because "the money wasn't important" to him? :confused:

ashley
8/15/2006, 05:34 AM
i don't hope anyone bombs out.

Soonerwolf
8/15/2006, 07:08 AM
Just came across the wire on ESPN, a tentative six-year deal with the Cardinals.
Every first-round draftee has now signed.
Gee, ya think Denny Green calling him out at a presser today had anything to do with Leinart finally inking a deal?

Leinart's had a chip since he was not among the top 3 picks in the first round. His ego could not deal with the fact that he was chosen #10 and wanted VY (Radio) money.

It was the bad luck for the Cardinals that thier only proven QB is ancient Kurt Warner who is one solid hit away from the DL.

Leinart was, is, and always will be a hollywood prima donna - he's not playing Oregon State and Washington U anymore - he will be playing the likes of Dallas and the Giants. Can't wait until TRRW gets to him on a safety blitz and welcomes Matt Hilton to the NFL.

pgagolfpro77
8/15/2006, 08:32 AM
Leinart was, is, and always will be a hollywood prima donna - he's not playing Oregon State and Washington U anymore - he will be playing the likes of Dallas and the Giants. Can't wait until TRRW gets to him on a safety blitz and welcomes Matt Hilton to the NFL.

Word. :texan:

jonpon
8/15/2006, 08:42 AM

Did you guys hear Theismann's comments on Monday Night Football last night? He basically thought that Leinart didn't have the arm strength to make it in the league....intresting comment from a quarterback that wasn't to shabby in his day.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 08:53 AM

You hate to be negative? You are always negative. I hope he Ryan Leafs.

Big Red Ron
8/15/2006, 08:54 AM
Did you guys hear Theismann's comments on Monday Night Football last night? He basically thought that Leinart didn't have the arm strength to make it in the league....intresting comment from a quarterback that wasn't to shabby in his day.Theisman may have had the weakest arm of all the good QB's to ever play in the NFL too.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 08:55 AM
Theisman may have had the weakest arm of all the good QB's to ever play in the NFL too.

Well, we know he had the weakest shins!

Hey! Ho! Can a brother get a rimshot? Hey!

birddog
8/15/2006, 09:53 AM
i don't hope anyone bombs out.
players bomb out every year. better the ones you don't like than the stand up, classy players.

soonerlaw
8/15/2006, 10:18 AM
Oh, and I hope he gets in a fist fight with somebody cool like Brian Urlacher. You know, one in which he leaves looking like (to quote Jim Croce) 'a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone'.

Didn't Urlacher date Paris Hilton back in the day.. so doesn't that make him and Mattie brothers in a disgusting sort of way.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 12:23 PM
Didn't Urlacher date Paris Hilton back in the day.. so doesn't that make him and Mattie brothers in a disgusting sort of way.

How'd you like to get seconds after Urlacher? No chick is that hot.

Wishboned
8/15/2006, 12:59 PM

The doctors say that when you have sex with someone you're having sex with all the people they've ever had sex with.

So that means Matt has had sex with dozens of guys.

And now Paris has too.

jackietreehorn
8/15/2006, 01:19 PM
i won't lie- i'd still **** paris. seconds, thirds, or twelths-i just don't care.

Matt should have left last year, for everyone's sake.

Wishboned
8/15/2006, 01:23 PM

But when you have that ballroom dancing fever you just have to take care of it.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 01:43 PM
i won't lie- i'd still **** paris. seconds, thirds, or twelths-i just don't care.

Dude. Urlacher cornholed your girlfriend. No thank you.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/15/2006, 02:04 PM
A fitting end to his season should come from a hit by a former Sooner, like TRRW, for example.

AZOUFan
8/15/2006, 02:12 PM
Far be it from me to defend him, but you have to just realize how absolutely cheap and bush league the Cardinals really are...

"Under the Arizona proposal sent to Condon on Sunday, Leinart could have played every snap in his first three seasons, been injured in his fourth year and unable to play, and would not have realized any of the escalators in the deal. That proposal would have made the escalator thresholds the most difficult to reach of any quarterback chosen in the top 10 since 1993."

The rumor around here is that when you play for the Cardinals you get one pair of socks. If you want more, you have to buy them from the team. The Cardinals are the only team in the NFL where the owners (Bidwells) run the team as their means of making a living, every other team is owned by individuals who have made their money in other things. This is purely business for the Bidwells, and they run a very tight ship. Contract talks are not something new to Arizona, and I'm actually amazed that they finally got him signed.

With that said, I hope he absolutely tanks his first year so everyone shuts up about boy wonder. Then of course he can break out and be a great QB because I'm sick of having my home team be the laughing stock of the NFL. :mad:

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 02:29 PM
Far be it from me to defend him, but you have to just realize how absolutely cheap and bush league the Cardinals really are...

"Under the Arizona proposal sent to Condon on Sunday, Leinart could have played every snap in his first three seasons, been injured in his fourth year and unable to play, and would not have realized any of the escalators in the deal. That proposal would have made the escalator thresholds the most difficult to reach of any quarterback chosen in the top 10 since 1993."

The rumor around here is that when you play for the Cardinals you get one pair of socks. If you want more, you have to buy them from the team. The Cardinals are the only team in the NFL where the owners (Bidwells) run the team as their means of making a living, every other team is owned by individuals who have made their money in other things. This is purely business for the Bidwells, and they run a very tight ship. Contract talks are not something new to Arizona, and I'm actually amazed that they finally got him signed.

With that said, I hope he absolutely tanks his first year so everyone shuts up about boy wonder. Then of course he can break out and be a great QB because I'm sick of having my home team be the laughing stock of the NFL. :mad:

That's crazy. Everyone knows you can't make money as the owner of an NFL team.

Scott D
8/15/2006, 02:36 PM

Yeah, and Leinart's agent is such an angel :rolleyes:. Only guys I can think of that are bigger a-holes than his agent are Drew Rosenhaus and the suspended Carl Poston.