PDA

View Full Version : Tramel on KREF

King Crimson
8/14/2006, 06:20 PM
some fun stuff with old timers on what it was like in Norman in the 50's. game days and such.

good stuff.

Tramel is high though saying Chuck Long wasn't predictable....unless he wants to make the argument that CHuck baffled the living hell out of every gawdamned Sooner fan on planet earth in the last 3 minutes of the 03 Sugar Bowl. that, sitting in that endzone....i would agree with.

run the ball out of the gawdamned I Chuck, what my dad was yelling. with a few other adjectives and such.

King Crimson
8/14/2006, 06:27 PM
never mind. now he's talking about Bobby Reid. and some losur who is Kejuan Jones but better.

usmc-sooner
8/14/2006, 06:37 PM
I don't care for Trammel, IMO he's trying to jump on the shock jock thing that Bayless, and Marriotti are on.

Heck I think even Bob Stoops realizes (and has probably hinted at) that Chuck made a lot of mistakes trying to employ the 1980 Detroit offense

King Crimson
8/14/2006, 06:46 PM
I don't care for Trammel, IMO he's trying to jump on the shock jock thing that Bayless, and Marriotti are on.

Heck I think even Bob Stoops realizes (and has probably hinted at) that Chuck made a lot of mistakes trying to employ the 1980 Detroit offense

Tramel wrote a piece about a friend of mine (at age 15) who made the quarters of the Oklahoma State Amateur golf tournament in the early 80's that i thought was stupid beyond words. i've never liked him much since.

i live out of state and listen to some OK talk streaming just to "get the feel" of what's going on in my home state....especially since i live in a pro sports dominated media market.

but, Tramel is OK on the radio when he's not bending over backwards--to be fair to OSU. compared to some others on the Animal.

anyway, i think Chuck like you say could only think the game as a slow-footed dropback 7 step passer in a runstop 80's Big 10....like he was at Iowa. i realize it's more complex than that....and CHuck Long knows a heckuva lot more than i will ever know about football.....but still i don't get paid to do it. JMO.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/14/2006, 09:03 PM
Tramel is an idiot.

Soonerus
8/14/2006, 09:11 PM
Tramel was a mediocre journalist with the Norman Transcript before he was anointed to the Oklahoman...never much substance and limited knowlege...

King Crimson
8/14/2006, 09:18 PM
Tramel was a mediocre journalist with the Norman Transcript before he was anointed to the Oklahoman......

that's kind of what i'm saying. i do disagree with the notion to his credit that he's "a shock jock". say what you want about BT, but he's at least not that.