PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman in lead against Lamont in CT...

TheHumanAlphabet
8/14/2006, 03:56 PM
As I predicted...It will be interesting to see if Lamont can really win. Any moderate or conservative will likely vote for Lieberman, leaving the liberals for Lamont. As a former resident, the repubs have no chance, unless they are a party voter, most will vote for Lieberman.

Link, Lieberman up by 5 percentage points (http://rasmussenreports.com/2006/State%20Polls/August%202006/ConnecticutSenate.htm)

Oh, the obligatory, "its a long time until November, anything can happen" statement...

devOUt
8/14/2006, 04:16 PM
Lieberman is the Pete Carroll of politicians. He doesn't get invited to the big game so he tries to get there through the back door.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/14/2006, 05:54 PM
Lieberman is the Pete Carroll of politicians. He doesn't get invited to the big game so he tries to get there through the back door.However, this is not a football game, and more than 2 can participate...I predict an easy victory for Lieberman in Nov.

badger
8/14/2006, 07:30 PM
Lieberman, oh how far you've fallen...

picasso
8/14/2006, 08:17 PM
at least you know where he stands.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/14/2006, 09:15 PM
Lieberman, oh how far you've fallen...

Don't think he has fallen, the dems are run (in CT) by the rich, liberial, illuminati that are against all things Bush, repub and war. They backed a rich fellow Greenwich comrade and ran the party machine. Many voters in CT are not the liberal illuminati and the poor dem party has backed itself into a corner from a platform standpoint.

Lieberman is a fighter and knows how to stay in the fight. dems know they will win either way, with a terrier in Lamont that will bite or the steady Lieberman, he has stated he would still vote democratic. The Repubs have not seriously challenged and the current repub has only 6%.

What I think is problematic is that this will show the dems as a party of extremists and will turn many off in November. I don't think the dems will have the gains they are expecting.

Okla-homey
8/14/2006, 09:33 PM
I agree. I would vote against any anti-war candidate because I think its irresponsible pandering to the hard left to say we must disengage from the GWOT for reasons on which I have previously opined at length.

It's literally us or the jihaadis. No compromise, no negotiated peace. I choose us.

I think a candidate who can articulate this, particularly in view of this recent spate of foiled jihaadi plots, will win in '08. We simply can't afford to roll over. Bob Lieberman gets it. Good for him.

jk the sooner fan
8/14/2006, 09:38 PM
bob lieberman, joe lieberman......whoever it takes....

Okla-homey
8/14/2006, 09:46 PM
bob lieberman, joe lieberman......whoever it takes....

or Bob Dole. I don't GAF, just keep on killin' them jihaadis!

badger
8/14/2006, 10:46 PM
When Joe Lieberman joins the other political independents:
http://www.museworld.com/images/barney.jpg