PDA

View Full Version : I took some pictures this weekend...

skycat
8/14/2006, 01:59 PM
If you've got a sec, take a look. I got a new toy and went out to play with it. They haven't been photoshopped, that's just the way they look. Oh, and pretend they aren't taken in Austin:O.

Let me know if you think they succs. Seriously, you won't hurt my feelings, and they're probably not for everyone.

linky (http://www.machafamily.org/Albums/Austin/index.html)

85Sooner
8/14/2006, 02:02 PM
uH YEA. Since I have been here all week I must have missed the snowstorm
Nice Pics though! Is that the new xray toy for your camera that they are using to see through celebrities clothes?:)

Boomer.....
8/14/2006, 02:03 PM
Very artistic, but it's Austin. ;)

Osce0la
8/14/2006, 02:22 PM
Very autistic, but you were in Austin. ;)
eh

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/14/2006, 02:39 PM
I think they're pretty.

Stinky, but pretty.

skycat
8/14/2006, 02:57 PM
Is that the new xray toy for your camera that they are using to see through celebrities clothes?:)

Well it's the thing that supposedly lets you do that. It doesn't really work like that though.

It's just a filter that filters out most visible light and lets infrared light through.

GDC
8/14/2006, 04:01 PM
I don't get it.

tbl
8/14/2006, 04:04 PM
I think they look awesome. Seriously.

What do people look like on that setting? What kind of camera are you using?

Xstnlsooner
8/14/2006, 04:05 PM
the new toy is the filter? what camera are you using?

skycat
8/14/2006, 04:14 PM
I don't get it.

That's cool. Like I said, I didn't think they'd be for everyone, but I dig 'em. I was trying something different and just wanted to know if other people might think they were nifty.

skycat
8/14/2006, 04:18 PM
I think they look awesome. Seriously.

What do people look like on that setting? What kind of camera are you using?

Thanks.

I just got the filter on Saturday, while my wife and kid were at my MIL's. So I haven't had chance to point it at people really. Except for some that got into these pictures (I've got a lot more, I just posted the ones that sucked less than the others). One thing to know though is that the filter doesn't let much light through. Which means the shutter has to stay open a long time. Most of these had a 2 second exposure time.

I took these with a Nikon D70s dSLR mounted on a tripod.

And yeah X, the new toy was the filter.