PDA

View Full Version : How bad does this suck?

BigRedJed
8/14/2006, 12:57 PM
So, I have yet to receive my football season tickets. The people who sit next to me also sold me their tickets this year, which made it to Houston, were repackaged, mailed to me, and have arrived, and I still don't have my own seats. Everyone else I know has also received theirs. Naturally, I'm getting a little bit anxious. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

So I call the ticket office, and I'm told that my tickets were definitely mailed the first of the month. I'm next told to wait until August 21, when they will be doing reprints, and that I can order reprints. I thought that I also had the option of going to will-call before each game and getting individual reprints, which I really don't want to do, but would be willing to do if necessary. Apparently, I am wrong. The ticket office tells me a reprint is really my only option.

Here's the catch: to order reprints will cost me $50 per seat, plus $10 per game, per seat. So that's $240 it's going to cost me for reprints. I would understand charging someone who LOST their own tickets, and also understand that it would be hard to prove one way or the other, but considering the fact that they are lost due to no fault of my own, paying an extra $240 sort of rubs me the wrong way.

I do have the option of considering them stolen, filing a police report, and giving that to the ticket office, in which case the reprint would be free. But frankly, I believe they have just been lost in the mail. I hate the thought of tying up police resources, even if it is just to file the report, for something that's not an actual crime. It would be next to impossible for someone to have taken them out of my mailbox, as it locks. The only likely perpetrator(s) would be someone inside the USPS, and frankly, I would bet they would know that stolen tickets would be cancelled, and therefore useless, so why bother?

Anyway, I'm not looking for advice here. I'll probably file the police report on the supposition that they were stolen, even though they were probably just lost. I just wanted to get it off my chest to some people who could probably appreciate how irritating the whole mess was.

SoonerInKCMO
8/14/2006, 12:59 PM
"...someone inside the USPS..."

Dude - Dean stole your tickets.

Pricetag
8/14/2006, 01:04 PM
Here's the catch: to order reprints will cost me $50 per seat, plus $10 per game, per seat. So that's $240 it's going to cost me for reprints.
Ridiculous. That's price gouging, plain and simple.

Beef
8/14/2006, 01:14 PM
I do have the option of considering them stolen, filing a police report, and giving that to the ticket office, in which case the reprint would be free. But frankly, I believe they have just been lost in the mail. I hate the thought of tying up police resources, even if it is just to file the report, for something that's not an actual crime.
I doubt the police would spend too much time working on your tickets. Wait another week or so, then file a police report. There's no evidence that they weren't stolen.

bri
8/14/2006, 01:15 PM
Boo-hoo, Dude Who Has Four Sets Of Season Tickets.

;)

OUDoc
8/14/2006, 01:21 PM
File it with the FBI. See if that works. ;)

King Crimson
8/14/2006, 01:24 PM
"reprints" sounds like a scam by the AD. I work for a University and you wouldn't beleive all the crap they have on the books to ciphon money out of people.

admistrators/"economists" in higher ed=scum-suckers.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/14/2006, 01:25 PM
'Member a couple of years ago when mine got lost and I had to go to LNC and get these stupid little vouchers?

It was free but I save/collect my ticket stubs so it succed.

And now that they have the scanners and stuff at the gates I'll bet that's why they won't just give you vouchers anymore.

For one of the games I found a dude sitting in my seat. I asked him if he had a ticket for this seat and he said 'yes' so I asked to see it. He pulled it out and it was MY TICKET STUB. He said he bought it from 'some guy outside the stadium'.

I told him that the ticket was stolen and if he didn't want me to go get the orange vest of death he'd better get his a$$ out of my seat. So he did.

Oh, and vouchers succ.

toast
8/14/2006, 01:26 PM
tell the ticket office you already paid for the tickets once, if they want more money there's a $240 fee for writing another check.

BigRedJed
8/14/2006, 01:30 PM
Boo-hoo, Dude Who Has Four Sets Of Season Tickets.

;)
Hey, it's not like it's that big of a deal. Here's how you could do it:

Go back in time to when the program was down a little bit (Gibbs era), and the simple combination of being an alumnus and an Alumni Association member and entitled you to buy tickets without going on a waiting list. Purchase one pair.
If you happen to give that pair back to the university during a really, really sucky period (post-Gibbs) where you can still go to every game, but on friends' tickets or free tickets through work, that's OK, just be sure to buy season tickets immediately after the new, future-national-championship-winning coach is hired, since there will inevitably be a multi-year waiting list from that point forward.
Make friends with the people who sit around your new seats, so that they will want to sell you their tickets at face value when they move to Houston.
Be ready to spend lots of money.Anyway, that's how I did it, all except for the going back in time part. Hope it works out for you.

yermom
8/14/2006, 01:37 PM
dude, the USPS sucks, i had a guy mail me a check from Arkansas a couple of years ago that took 6 weeks to get to me, i still have the envelope with the postmark upside down on the back of the envelope from NEW YORK

i was threatening to break this poor guy's kneecaps ;)

Beef
8/14/2006, 02:13 PM
Anyway, that's how I did it, all except for the going back in time part.
Crap. I was hoping you were going to share how you did that.

Dio
8/14/2006, 02:25 PM
IBTD

Sooner_Bob
8/14/2006, 02:27 PM
For some reason this reminds me of a recent Netflix DVD envelope I received . . . it said

Your nearest Netflix Shipping Facility - Honolulu, HI . . .