PDA

View Full Version : Where is antonio perkins

85Sooner
8/14/2006, 10:30 AM
I know he was with the Browns, surely there is a team in need of his special teams return skills.

jk the sooner fan
8/14/2006, 10:33 AM
he's still with the browns

AllVol
8/14/2006, 10:39 AM
Sure is, used him as my PR and KR every time i used them, he is still one of the most dynamic returners Ive ever seen in college...

critical_phil
8/14/2006, 10:41 AM
keyword search: perkins

melbitoast
8/14/2006, 10:57 AM
perkins had a punt return for Cleveland the other night. apparently he and Pool both played decently the other night.

I_Live_In_OK
8/14/2006, 11:01 AM
he had 14 yards on three returns or something like that.

willie andrews, the rookie from New England, was impressive with his special teams performance the other night. he only averaged 9 yards as a punt returner at Baylor while Perkins was one of the best.

just goes to show how college and the nfl are two different entities.

yermom
8/14/2006, 11:11 AM
Perkins never looked nearly as good after the knee injury

TripleOption14
8/14/2006, 12:48 PM
Word is he's about to get his chance to run w/ the 1's according to one of my buddies who is a Browns fan up here. And Brodney will start this year for the Browns you can bank on it!!!

Oh wait here ya go: www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/arts/5606.0.html

Archangel
8/14/2006, 01:09 PM
Yeah. Perkins has the leg up to start this weeks preseason game. McCutcheon(sp?) and Baxter, the 2 starters, both have minor injuries. Leigh Bodden is the 3rd corner, who will be starting as well. Perkins is currently the 4th CB, and making a good showing. He didn't give up a pass during their first preseason game, and he played at least 2 full quarters. Apparently he's improved alot over last years performance. Probably get to see him get another crack and punt returns too. He had 1 return last week for 12 yards, and 2 others where he was tackled immediately. The Browns punt return team needs some work though.

Soonerwolf
8/14/2006, 03:43 PM
perkins had a punt return for Cleveland the other night. apparently he and Pool both played decently the other night.

NICE - Perkins, Pool, and now Strait. If the Browns ever decided to aquire a free safety that went to OU, they could potentially have an all OU starting secondary.

Has any team in NFL history ever have a starting secondary comprised of players from the same university/college?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

yermom
8/14/2006, 03:49 PM
well, if they lined up in a 4-4...