PDA

View Full Version : OU Pride ****** *******s...

ousoonerfan
8/14/2006, 09:00 AM
I am taking my nephew to his first OU football game, September 2. He is a sophmore in High School and in the marching band, jazz band and he really wants to go to OU and play in the Pride. My question is... Is there anything we can see and do before the game that involves the band? TIA

Hamhock
8/14/2006, 09:06 AM
i recommend sitting in the north endzone and throwing the opposing team's footballs out of the stadium.

GottaHavePride
8/14/2006, 09:09 AM
YES! I'm sure further details will be available once the Pride gets going (their rehearsals start either today or tommorrow morning, I think) but usually you can catch the drumline warming up over by the student union, and about an hour and a half before kickoff the whole Pride will warm up on that big lawn north of Jacobson Hall (visitor's center, right along Boyd next to the North Oval). Then they''ll form up, parade to the stadium, and play a pre-game concert on the lawn outside the north end of the stadium. Then you can get inside with enough time to catch what is still one of the best pre-game shows around (Pride usually takes the field 20 minutes before kickoff.)

OklahomaTuba
8/14/2006, 09:25 AM
My question is... Is there anything we can see and do before the game that involves the band? TIA

You could hang out in the womans restrooms in catlett music hall while the ladies are changing into their unis.

PrideTuba
8/15/2006, 11:56 PM
You could hang out in the womans restrooms in catlett music hall while the ladies are changing into their unis.

Sounds like the best idea to me, what GottaHavePride said is also good too.

proud gonzo
8/16/2006, 12:00 AM
:rolleyes:

hurricane'bone
8/16/2006, 12:03 AM
You can probably watch someone take a crap in the fortress of solitude before gametime.

OklahomaTuba
8/16/2006, 10:54 AM
:rolleyes:

Thanks for the neg spek for telling a joke! :rolleyes:

Some people, I swear.

proud gonzo
8/16/2006, 10:55 AM
yeah, i didn't think it was funny

OklahomaTuba
8/16/2006, 10:57 AM
yeah, i didn't think it was funny

Really????

apusooner
8/16/2006, 01:40 PM
notice nobody has said to watch the halftime show.

proud gonzo
8/16/2006, 02:26 PM
the halftime show is before the game? :confused: ;)

Jimminy Crimson
8/16/2006, 03:27 PM
As long as the current director is in charge, the band isn't worth two squirts in the terlet.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/16/2006, 04:29 PM
I am taking my nephew to his first OU football game, September 2. He is a sophmore in High School and in the marching band, jazz band and he really wants to go to OU and play in the Pride. My question is... Is there anything we can see and do before the game that involves the band? TIA

You can get the "Fire Brian Britt" chant going in the stadium...;)

NormanPride
8/16/2006, 04:38 PM
YES! I'm sure further details will be available once the Pride gets going (their rehearsals start either today or tommorrow morning, I think) but usually you can catch the drumline warming up over by the student union, and about an hour and a half before kickoff the whole Pride will warm up on that big lawn north of Jacobson Hall (visitor's center, right along Boyd next to the North Oval). Then they''ll form up, parade to the stadium, and play a pre-game concert on the lawn outside the north end of the stadium. Then you can get inside with enough time to catch what is still one of the best pre-game shows around (Pride usually takes the field 20 minutes before kickoff.)

Unless they changed it, isn't it:

Warm-Up in North Oval
Pre-Game Concert in front of Jacobsen
Small Parade to Stadium
Sit in Tunnels and whine about heat
Pregame Show

They might have changed it, though. Good Lord I hated those pregame concerts at the stadium. The lawn was always way too watered and it smelled like fish. :mad:

GottaHavePride
8/16/2006, 06:07 PM
Maybe that's it. I've repressed any memories of changes to the routine.

LoyalFan
8/16/2006, 06:23 PM
Unless they changed it, isn't it:

Warm-Up in North Oval
Pre-Game Concert in front of Jacobsen
Small Parade to Stadium
Sit in Tunnels and whine about heat
Pregame Show

They might have changed it, though. Good Lord I hated those pregame concerts at the stadium. The lawn was always way too watered and it smelled of elderberries! :mad:

Fixed! Warranty work. No charge.

LF

badger
8/16/2006, 07:22 PM
I was out at their rehearsal today and there are about 350 auditioning. Final roster finalized tomorrow. So, if you're in town now, you'll be able to see them now if you want!

dolemitesooner
8/16/2006, 09:57 PM
naked band chicks aint that cool man ....gawd

PrideTuba
8/16/2006, 10:28 PM
You can probably watch someone take a crap in the fortress of solitude before gametime.

Man, the fortress of solitude, probably the most peaceful place in catlett.

apusooner
8/16/2006, 11:10 PM
i would say the recording studio above the concert hall (the one nobody knows about) is the most peaceful place. i think there are only like 9-10 people with a key.

apusooner
8/16/2006, 11:11 PM
the halftime show is before the game? :confused: ;)

yeah, i'm an idiot. i should read more thoroughly.

PrideTuba
8/16/2006, 11:22 PM
i would say the recording studio above the concert hall (the one nobody knows about) is the most peaceful place. i think there are only like 9-10 people with a key.

Thats true, ive heard about this mysterious place, but have never seen it. Its #1 and ill say the fortress of solitude is #2.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/17/2006, 09:41 AM
WHat is this "fortress of solitude" that is spoken of. I have never heard of this place. TIA.

GottaHavePride
8/17/2006, 04:37 PM
FYI: first show this year? Bohemian Rhapsody.

NormanPride
8/17/2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah, they're doing a Queen theme instead of a Latin one. Thank goodness...

Boarder
8/17/2006, 04:45 PM
Will they walk in straight lines and play songs with nothing but quarter and eigth notes? 'Cause I heard that's the coolest.

apusooner
8/17/2006, 06:07 PM
FYI: first show this year? Bohemian Rhapsody.

who arranged it? i actually like that song. are they doing the whole thing or bits and pieces?

proud gonzo
8/17/2006, 06:10 PM
I love that song, that's why I banged my head against the wall when I heard they're going to slaughter it. :mad:

hurricane'bone
8/17/2006, 06:11 PM
We're (TU) playing Legend of the one eyed sailor it RMFO.

GottaHavePride
8/17/2006, 06:14 PM
who arranged it? i actually like that song. are they doing the whole thing or bits and pieces?

Don't know; I didn't see the music, I just heard the xylophones from the pit practicing. I was shouting "BIS-MI-LAH!" all afternoon.

I'm assuming it was probably Roland that did the arranging.

GottaHavePride
8/17/2006, 06:15 PM
Hey, did you know that on the main forums page this thread title still shows up as "gno-erz abooterz" instead of ****** *******s.

proud gonzo
8/17/2006, 06:16 PM
I SMELL A LOOPHOLE!!!

oumartin
8/17/2006, 06:43 PM
It appears only they have screwed up one of the best parts of OU football. The band. I recommend steering him to another school.

TUSooner
8/17/2006, 10:35 PM
When I heard 'em play the Chant up by the North Oval a coupla years ago, after I'd been away from Oklahoma for several years, I was kinda choked up by the time they got to " 'Neath a western sky..."

PrideTuba
8/18/2006, 12:28 AM
WHat is this "fortress of solitude" that is spoken of. I have never heard of this place. TIA.

The fortress of solitude im talking about is the mens bathroom on the 3rd floor of catlett. Its pretty much the only peaceful place to go and do your business.

StoopTroup
8/18/2006, 12:40 AM
We tailgate near Goddard.

I've always seen lots of the Band Members getting ready prior to the game there on College Ave.

I'm betting they are getting ready before heading to the Warm-ups?

proud gonzo
8/18/2006, 06:12 PM
yeah, that's between morning rehearsal and the pre-pregame concert warmup