PDA

View Full Version : So I got to spend some time in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex last week....

LilSooner
8/14/2006, 08:58 AM
boy has things changed in the last 10 years. Mom and I were down for meetings so we went through where we used to live and God was it depressing. Where our old house and land was is now a giagantic, crappy, ugly *** nascar racing track. Our old resturant in Roanoke has been turned in to a slimly old hole in the wall, and our beloved barn in Trophy Club has been demolished.

Oh and did I mention that they torn down my old church in Roanoke. Absolutely nothing looks the same.

It was kindof fun going to the stockyards. Hadn't been down there in years. Back in the early 90's we were down there every weekend for some event or rodeo. I love the white elephant and the stockyard hotel. Best fried zucchini anywhere.

We get excited when we go back but then after a few days it just makes us sad. Also, traffic on a saturday morning is ridiculous. Wouldn't trade b-town for nothing.

crawfish
8/14/2006, 09:31 AM
boy has things changed in the last 10 years. Mom and I were down for meetings so we went through where we used to live and God was it depressing. Where our old house and land was is now a giagantic, crappy, ugly *** nascar racing track. Our old resturant in Roanoke has been turned in to a slimly old hole in the wall, and our beloved barn in Trophy Club has been demolished.

Oh and did I mention that they torn down my old church in Roanoke. Absolutely nothing looks the same.

It was kindof fun going to the stockyards. Hadn't been down there in years. Back in the early 90's we were down there every weekend for some event or rodeo. I love the white elephant and the stockyard hotel. Best fried zucchini anywhere.

We get excited when we go back but then after a few days it just makes us sad. Also, traffic on a saturday morning is ridiculous. Wouldn't trade b-town for nothing.

What was your old resturant in Roanoke?

I ignore 'em all except Babe's...

LilSooner
8/14/2006, 01:13 PM
yep not too far from Babe's. Its still called Dove Creek Cafe, but they have moved it from across the street from the bank to over there by the bank.

It sucks now.

crawfish
8/14/2006, 02:00 PM
yep not too far from Babe's. Its still called Dove Creek Cafe, but they have moved it from across the street from the bank to over there by the bank.

It sucks now.

Sad. :(

That entire area is going to grow exponentially in the next 5-10 years. It'll look like Dallas - new development on both sides of I-35 all the way up to Denton. :(

LilSooner
8/14/2006, 02:47 PM
excuse me while I throw up in my mouth. That seriously makes me sick.

I stilll miss Mr. Jim's pizza.

jk the sooner fan
8/14/2006, 02:58 PM
we had mr jims the other nite...... :)

tbl
8/14/2006, 03:03 PM
Babes is the biznest. I'll be back in DFW in a couple of months, and hopefully for Thanksgiving and Christmas as well. I can't wait.

SoonerProphet
8/14/2006, 03:09 PM
That whole stretch between 287 and 35 is growing rapidly.

Love the White Elephant, will be taking some Tulsa buds over there on Labor Day weekend.

Xstnlsooner
8/14/2006, 03:54 PM
Don't give a rip about Dullas, but Ft. Worth is a great place. Some pretty
nice looking women down there too...