PDA

View Full Version : This may require further investigation

Okla-homey
8/14/2006, 08:54 AM
Spied an ad in this Saturday paper about a new barbershop open on S. Harvard here in T-town. It was kinda sketchy on details and a Google-ing resulted in nothing, but its called "Eye Candy Barbershop" and claims to feature bee-yoo-tee-ful barbers who will give you a memorable haircut.

Hmmmm? I wonder if they're nekkid? Wouldn't that be itchy what with all the cut hair flying around and stuff? Would the Oklahoma Board of Cosmetology approve?

GottaHavePride
8/14/2006, 08:58 AM
It's probably just the Hooters of barbershops. Not that I'm complaining.

1stTimeCaller
8/14/2006, 09:10 AM
there was a topless barber place north of Norman call Randy Lee's I think. I think they got shut down for offering more than a trim.

Hatfield
8/14/2006, 09:15 AM
sounds like it will be overpriced ear lowerers

yermom
8/14/2006, 09:17 AM
there was a topless barber place north of Norman call Randy Lee's I think. I think they got shut down for offering more than a trim.

heh, trim

BeetDigger
8/14/2006, 09:20 AM
At that place, do you order A or SOME trim?

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 09:28 AM
Bitches can't cut hair.

GDC
8/14/2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I noticed it in the sports section near the ads for Majestic Massage and Asian Massage.

1stTimeCaller
8/14/2006, 09:35 AM
At that place, do you order A or SOME trim?

I think at Randy Lee's you could do both.

TUSooner
8/14/2006, 09:50 AM
A Happy Ending haircut?

Sooner Schemer
8/14/2006, 09:53 AM
A Happy Ending haircut?Stay away from the hair gel.

picasso
8/14/2006, 09:55 AM
I'll stick with my barber Roy. he uses Osage Rub and smells of coffee and B.O.

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 09:56 AM

Yup.

My barber just retired after I've been going to him for 25+ years. Still searching for a new one.

picasso
8/14/2006, 10:04 AM
also, while the Hooters barbers would be nice to look at and feel their persons rubbing against your back and head area, you would also be forced to have conversation with them and listen to their stories about the exciting lives they live.
at my barber shop you talk golf and listen to old men bitch about the government and parts of their body falling off.

GDC
8/14/2006, 10:05 AM
My old barber loves to discuss the relative sexual merits of white, black, Indian, and Mexican women, in startlingly graphic and descriptive terms.

pb4ou
8/14/2006, 10:13 AM
Someone who needs a haircut should take one for the team, then report back.

GDC
8/14/2006, 10:45 AM
I'm going up Saturday, and I need a haircut anyway.

toast
8/14/2006, 12:11 PM
They may be good to look at, but I'm afraid you'll come out looking like this:

http://acheaven.buwahaha.com/Images/BadHaircut.jpg

soonerboomer93
8/14/2006, 01:19 PM
There's a place near me called "a little off the top" that's supposedly a lingerie barbershop.

BeetDigger
8/14/2006, 01:24 PM

I'll pass. I'm not letting anyone who looks and smells like a bum cut my hair. :texan:

King Crimson
8/14/2006, 01:28 PM
I'll pass. I'm not letting anyone who looks and smells like a bum cut my hair. :texan:

that's not fair at all. bums smell like coffee, B.O. (pic, you wanna account for the capitalization here?), burnt out budget cig filters, and the overly sweet and nauseating smell of sweating out Old Crow.

picasso
8/14/2006, 01:28 PM
I've had pretty women cut my hair. back when I preferred the buzz fade cut of the 90's, women cutters were a no-no.
the best I ever had was my barber in college. an old Cherokee guy, got cut on every Friday morning. he also had a star tattoo on his ear.
anywho, Roy doesn't smell all of the time.:D

crawfish
8/14/2006, 01:56 PM
I'll never forget the haircut I got at the corner of Lindsey & Berry back in 1988...the girl wasn't that cute, but she had ENORMOUS ta-tas. She shoved my head back (and forth) between 'em as she cut. I guess she was looking for a big tip...

p.s. as the proof of my love for this board and all of you, I'm leaving the above post WIDE OPEN for the obvious replies. :)

King Crimson
8/14/2006, 02:00 PM
I'll never forget the haircut I got at the corner of Lindsey & Berry back in 1988...the girl wasn't that cute, but he had ENORMOUS ta-tas. She shoved my head back (and forth) between 'em as she cut. I guess she was looking for a big tip...

p.s. as the proof of my love for this board and all of you, I'm leaving the above post WIDE OPEN for the obvious replies. :)

that would have been the "Mane Man" in that strip mall across from the old McDonalds on Lindsey/Berry.

the guy that owned that place and the other "Mane Man" shops was kind of a feathered-haired slickster, as i recall.

VeeJay
8/14/2006, 02:06 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a hair cutter of the male persuasion that was not overtly homosxualist (NTTAWWT), or overtly a man's man, and had to demonstrate it.

The barber shop I go to has NASCAR stuff all over the place. Last time I was in there they were talking about the local cops arresting someone, beating the hell out of 'em, and how the perp had it coming.

crawfish
8/14/2006, 02:07 PM
that would have been the "Mane Man" in that strip mall across from the old McDonalds on Lindsey/Berry.

the guy that owned that place and the other "Mane Man" shops was kind of a feathered-haired slickster, as i recall.

You are correct, sir! I'd completely forgotten the name.

yermom
8/14/2006, 02:09 PM
I'll never forget the haircut I got at the corner of Lindsey & Berry back in 1988...the girl wasn't that cute, but he had ENORMOUS ta-tas. She shoved my head back (and forth) between 'em as she cut. I guess she was looking for a big tip...

eww, was he straddling you as she cut your hair or what?

BeetDigger
8/14/2006, 02:25 PM
I've had pretty women cut my hair. back when I preferred the buzz fade cut of the 90's, women cutters were a no-no.
the best I ever had was my barber in college. an old Cherokee guy, got cut on every Friday morning. he also had a star tattoo on his ear.
anywho, Roy doesn't smell all of the time.:D

I prefer to have women who I don't find attractive cut my hair. I am more objective about the results that way. Janet is my current shearer. I can sit down, not say a word, get up in 15 minutes with a perfect cut. Bless you Janet.

crawfish
8/14/2006, 02:28 PM
eww, was he straddling you as she cut your hair or what?

Heh. I'll give you that one, for the board.

SicEmBaylor
8/23/2006, 03:25 AM
Would the Oklahoma Board of Cosmetology approve?

Probably not, but let me tell you something about the Oklahoma Board of Cosmetology.

That's the best gawd damned run government organization in the state of Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, barber shops and beauty shops are overseen by two seperate regulatory agencies. The Cosmetology Board (I forget the actual official name) oversees just beauty salons and everyone in that organization should be given a raise and made to run the whole damned state.

They have something like 2x-3x the number of facilities to regulate that the barber agency does and they makedo with like half a dozen older women who somehow manage to inspect every damned one of those places. For years the head of the Cosmetology board refused to request that the legislature increase licensing fees (which is the opposite of damned near every other agency with licensing power in the state) in the last decade, has never requested more employees, and their budget has remained mostly static. In addition to all of that, they were under budget a couple of years so they actually requested LESS money in their next budget request.

SicEmBaylor
8/23/2006, 03:27 AM
I said all of that ^, but I should add the caveat that I do not believe beauty shops or barbers should be overseen at all by any state (and God knows not a Federal) regulatory body.

NormanPride
11/3/2006, 10:04 AM
SicEm is a closet anarchist hippie, and this proves it. We don't want the gubmint snoopin in on our hair! I'll grow mine out just to protest!

:D

SicEmBaylor
11/3/2006, 02:11 PM
I might check this place out.
I could use a good cut and massage.

They give out a complimentary glass of wine, so why the hell not?