PDA

View Full Version : ITunes ****** *******s...

Hamhock
8/14/2006, 08:22 AM
I successfully created a CD with about 5 songs on it a couple of months ago.

I now want to add a song.

I bought the song and it appears in my Library.

I tried to burn the new song onto the CD.

It keeps wanting me to insert a blank CD.

I even tried deleting the songs on the old CD and adding all six songs at once. It won't let me delete them.

Can you add a song to a CD that already has songs on it?
Can you delete songs?
Am I an idiot?

TIA

hurricane'bone
8/14/2006, 08:25 AM
I successfully created a CD with about 5 songs on it a couple of months ago.

I now want to add a song.

I bought the song and it appears in my Library.

I tried to burn the new song onto the CD.

It keeps wanting me to insert a blank CD.

I even tried deleting the songs on the old CD and adding all six songs at once. It won't let me delete them.

Can you add a song to a CD that already has songs on it?
Can you delete songs?
Am I an idiot?

TIA

No
No
Yes

Okieflyer
8/14/2006, 08:27 AM
Is it a CDRW? If not, it depends on whether the disc was closed or not. And I think ITunes will close the disc anyway.
But you cannot delete a song unless it is a CDRW. Also Itunes makes you create a play list first before burning anything. That may have an effect as well. It may not like that you already have songs on a disc. :)

Hamhock
8/14/2006, 08:30 AM
Is it a CDRW? If not, it depends on whether the disc was closed or not. But you cannot delete unless it is a CDRW. Also Itunes makes you create a play list first before burning anything. That may have an effect as well. It may not like that you already have songs on a disc. :)

Wouldn't it have to be a CDRW if I use it to create the disc?

yermom
8/14/2006, 08:32 AM
CD's are like 10-25 cents, burn a new one ;)

if it's a CDRW you probably have to erase it, i'm thinking iTunes doesn't have the ability to erase them, it could i've just never tried though

Okieflyer
No, you have CDRW and CDR. One you can "rewrite" to the disc and the other you cannot.

CD's are like 10-25 cents, burn a new one ;)

if it's a CDRW you probably have to erase it, i'm thinking iTunes doesn't have the ability to erase them, it could i've just never tried though
Yes this is true!

Skysooner
Nope. CR-R is one that you can write to one time. CD-RW is one that you can write over and over on, but CD-RW can have trouble playing in some of the older CD players.

yermom
8/14/2006, 08:33 AM

CDR is write once, this is mainly what you see for sale

CDRW is considerably more expensive and i think are rated to rewrite about 1000 times

Hamhock
8/14/2006, 08:34 AM
:les: we can put a freakin' man on the moon, but itunes can't add a single song to a cd???

can i borrow 10-25 cents?

Okieflyer
8/14/2006, 08:36 AM
:les: we can put a freakin' man on the moon, but itunes can't add a single song to a cd???

Yeah, just look for Newbomb Turk. He likes to loan money!:D

Ike
8/14/2006, 08:37 AM

its got nuthin to do with iTunes and everything to do with the media (CD-R or CD-RW) that you are using.

IB4OU2
8/14/2006, 08:52 AM
Buy an Ipod.......problem solved.

GottaHavePride
8/14/2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, no matter waht program you use, you can only write once to a CD-R, and once the disc is finalized you can't add any more stuff to it. (And most cd players won't play it unless it's closed.)

Upside, CD-Rs are more widely accepted by CD players and are cheaper. I usually keep a spindle of 100 of the things around at all times.

Hamhock
8/14/2006, 09:04 AM
Buy an Ipod.......problem solved.

i have an ipod. what is your next suggestion?

Hamhock
8/14/2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah, no matter waht program you use, you can only write once to a CD-R, and once the disc is finalized you can't add any more stuff to it. (And most cd players won't play it unless it's closed.)

Upside, CD-Rs are more widely accepted by CD players and are cheaper. I usually keep a spindle of 100 of the things around at all times.

would you mail me one?

just don't tell pg it is for me.

GottaHavePride
8/14/2006, 09:11 AM
i have an ipod. what is your next suggestion?

I think it was along the lines of "use a line-out or FM-transmitter accessory to listen to your iPod on big speakers wherever you need the tunes." ;)

GottaHavePride
8/14/2006, 09:12 AM
would you mail me one?

just don't tell pg it is for me.
Heh. Dude, the postage would cost more than the disc.

Hamhock
8/14/2006, 09:13 AM
I think it was along the lines of "use a line-out or FM-transmitter accessory to listen to your iPod on big speakers wherever you need the tunes." ;)

CD is for the kids.
IPOD and related accessories arenot for the kids.

frankensooner
8/14/2006, 11:46 AM
CD is a great way to "back up" your music. I learned this the hard way.

Hamhock
8/14/2006, 11:47 AM
Heh. Dude, the postage would cost more than the disc.

So, If I send you a stamp, you'll send me a disc?

BigRedJed
8/14/2006, 11:53 AM
CD is a great way to "back up" your music. I learned this the hard way.
So is having your library installed in multiple locations. Mine is on my iPod, in my iTunes library on my work PC and on an external hard drive connected to my machine at home. Any one (or two) of these devices can fail and I am still safe. For me to lose my entire library, there would probably need to be a large-scale natural disaster, or a very large EMP event would need to strike OKC. Either way, I think the safety of my music library would probably no longer be at the top of my priority list.

That said, this post would still be at the top of the page, bitches!

Okieflyer
8/14/2006, 02:32 PM
So, If I send you a stamp, you'll send me a disc?

In what country do you live in that they don't have Wal-Mart?:confused:

Someone told me Wal-mart was taking over the world.;)

mdklatt
8/14/2006, 02:42 PM

New York City?

Ike
8/14/2006, 02:45 PM

chicago